Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

For those that think BoD shouldn't be nerfed

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 25, 2012
I, thinking simply from the mind of fairness would agree with the point that BoD is an unfair spell that needs to be nerfed or simply banned from pvp. I have seen uses for the card in PvE in occasions such as moo manchu farming or kane farming where the spell has proven very effective in speeding up runs due to the havoc that it reaks. Considering that standpoint I don't think it should be banned altogether or nerfed, but just banned in pvp.

However there is a different standpoint I would take if we take the time to aknowledge both sides and ponder the fact that K.I put blast of discord in their game and therefore must want something good to come out of it. Perhaps people must look past the unfairness and find immediate solutions, like everyone did when black fog was the most overpowered spell in the game untill first strike three. If you consider the unfairness of other spells then you will realize that BoD is not unfair by these standars, and is a key spell to privateer pvp.

Optimistic Octavio 7070702613

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
OptimisticOctavio on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
I, thinking simply from the mind of fairness would agree with the point that BoD is an unfair spell that needs to be nerfed or simply banned from pvp. I have seen uses for the card in PvE in occasions such as moo manchu farming or kane farming where the spell has proven very effective in speeding up runs due to the havoc that it reaks. Considering that standpoint I don't think it should be banned altogether or nerfed, but just banned in pvp.

However there is a different standpoint I would take if we take the time to aknowledge both sides and ponder the fact that K.I put blast of discord in their game and therefore must want something good to come out of it. Perhaps people must look past the unfairness and find immediate solutions, like everyone did when black fog was the most overpowered spell in the game untill first strike three. If you consider the unfairness of other spells then you will realize that BoD is not unfair by these standars, and is a key spell to privateer pvp.

Optimistic Octavio 7070702613
The key to privateer pvp? They don't need this power, they already have a lot of good moves like first mate's boon, battle zeal, enduring discipline and the big guns just to name a few.

An immediate solution? What will the swashbuckler do after his pirate dies? He can't heal his pirate unless he brings Bonnie but is it seriously worth having Bonnie just to heal? For black fog, it was an easy counter, bring scent pets and give units first strike 3. For BoD, there is no counter.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Hi near max lvl here (Bold Ryan Richardson) and personaly i love BoD even if i don't have it yet. I mean people who say its op heck yea its op, but people who say its unfair i have to disagree with that. Now if it makes players attack with powers like sneak attack or back stab i can reason with you, but it is up to luck. If you have bad luck well you just lucked out. Like someone said it can kill a enemy (or in this case a fellow pirate) or it can do almost nothing. Personaly I hink need a bit more power attacks. But hey i'm a so anything that helps i'm on its side, and think of it this way. Its a bit like chain lightning but you don't have any range limits. so if i'm the only guy that thinks its fair well i'm use to being different. Happy brawl'n.