Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

practice point use help.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 13, 2011
I am a level 25 swashbuckler in cool ranch and I need advice on what to spend my points on. I trained privateer up to refresh (ignoring all the things I didn't have to train to get refresh of coarse) which I think is the team healing one. I also feel that I made a mistake. I have one training point now due to leveling. I only did the skull island Zeke quest, not the others because I'm lazy. so pretty please tell me what to train and what class it is.

I have great faith that the wonderful pirate community will help me reach my full potential with there helpful and kind words.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
First thing every class should always get is Elusive 2
After that, train buc for smashy weapons 2
After that, train relentless
After that, train Spooky 2
And finally, train Valor's Shield

Hope this helped!

Lvl 70
Lvl 27

Ensign
Apr 13, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:

Hope this helped!

Lvl 70
Lvl 27
I took a look at these in game and they aren't very helpful. smashy weapons only increases my damage if I'm using a smash weapons which isn't a swashbucklers thing. I can only train relentless if I get smashy weapons which I feel may waste my points. I don't know why spooky will help me because I don't use staffy weapons because I am once again a swashbuckler. I guess valor's shield is ok for to me to train but I haven't used it much in the past.

I am not sure why you thought these would be good for me so could you please explain your choices to/for me because with 4 level 70's I'm sure you know what your talking about just please elaborate with me.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
the awesome pyroma... on Jul 3, 2016 wrote:
I took a look at these in game and they aren't very helpful. smashy weapons only increases my damage if I'm using a smash weapons which isn't a swashbucklers thing. I can only train relentless if I get smashy weapons which I feel may waste my points. I don't know why spooky will help me because I don't use staffy weapons because I am once again a swashbuckler. I guess valor's shield is ok for to me to train but I haven't used it much in the past.

I am not sure why you thought these would be good for me so could you please explain your choices to/for me because with 4 level 70's I'm sure you know what your talking about just please elaborate with me.
1. Smashy weapons 2 can give you 8 extra weapon power when using the Dragon Axe of Doom, a very good weapon for swashbucklers. Not only that but you can train relentless with it which helps a LOT, with a grants relentless pet and having relentless trained, you can get up to 3 extra hits which is major.
2. Elusive 2 is all around good, the dodge and extra movement is major when all your companions are dead, especially if you get a grants elusive pet for Elusive 3
3. Spooky 2 increases damage you deal with bleeding and increases the effectiveness of heals.
4. Valor's shield isn't particularly helpful considering Valor's Fortress is WAY better but the heal you get from training Valor's shield (rouse) is really good.

Ensign
Apr 13, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
1. Smashy weapons 2 can give you 8 extra weapon power when using the Dragon Axe of Doom, a very good weapon for swashbucklers. Not only that but you can train relentless with it which helps a LOT, with a grants relentless pet and having relentless trained, you can get up to 3 extra hits which is major.
2. Elusive 2 is all around good, the dodge and extra movement is major when all your companions are dead, especially if you get a grants elusive pet for Elusive 3
3. Spooky 2 increases damage you deal with bleeding and increases the effectiveness of heals.
4. Valor's shield isn't particularly helpful considering Valor's Fortress is WAY better but the heal you get from training Valor's shield (rouse) is really good.
Using smashy weapons and the strong attribute is a buccaneer thing not as swashbuckler thing. Swashbucklers use agility and stabby weapons so the axe of doom weapon doesn't work for me very well. How ever everything else you advised does add up so thank you.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
the awesome pyroma... on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Using smashy weapons and the strong attribute is a buccaneer thing not as swashbuckler thing. Swashbucklers use agility and stabby weapons so the axe of doom weapon doesn't work for me very well. How ever everything else you advised does add up so thank you.
At max level, good weapons are less about weapon power and more about powers. With the Dragon Axe Of Doom and a grants Turn The Tide pet, swashbucklers can get Turn The Tide 2 + they can get Flames Of Corruption.

In comparison to the Nefarious Knives, I only drop 15 weapon power with the axe, which is no big deal since I gain some useful powers.

The only downside to the Dragon Axe Of Doom is that its strength based which isn't too big of a problem considering lvl 70 swashbucklers have 58 base strength.

In the end, it all comes down to opinion, there are several other good swashbuckler weapons available, a lot of them that use agility and have a standby bonus

Ensign
Apr 13, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
At max level, good weapons are less about weapon power and more about powers. With the Dragon Axe Of Doom and a grants Turn The Tide pet, swashbucklers can get Turn The Tide 2 + they can get Flames Of Corruption.

In comparison to the Nefarious Knives, I only drop 15 weapon power with the axe, which is no big deal since I gain some useful powers.

The only downside to the Dragon Axe Of Doom is that its strength based which isn't too big of a problem considering lvl 70 swashbucklers have 58 base strength.

In the end, it all comes down to opinion, there are several other good swashbuckler weapons available, a lot of them that use agility and have a standby bonus
All things considered you are correct. Only problem though is that I am only level 25 and after I trained to rouse and almost all the way to to spooky 2 I ran out of practice points. I am 2 practice points away from spooky 2. I think I got up to elusive as well. I looked it up and there are no more quests that give practice points because I caught up on the Zeke quests so far.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
the awesome pyroma... on Jul 6, 2016 wrote:
All things considered you are correct. Only problem though is that I am only level 25 and after I trained to rouse and almost all the way to to spooky 2 I ran out of practice points. I am 2 practice points away from spooky 2. I think I got up to elusive as well. I looked it up and there are no more quests that give practice points because I caught up on the Zeke quests so far.
Well then just lvl up and do future zeke quests. At lvl 25, you should be in Cool Ranch so you still have 3 practice points left from Mooshu, Marleybone and Aquila zeke quests. And you also get 9 extra practice points from going from lvl 25 to lvl 70

Ensign
Apr 13, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
Well then just lvl up and do future zeke quests. At lvl 25, you should be in Cool Ranch so you still have 3 practice points left from Mooshu, Marleybone and Aquila zeke quests. And you also get 9 extra practice points from going from lvl 25 to lvl 70
Ok thank you very much for all your time and support through out this very long long thread. With your help now I feel that I can continue knowing I am doing something right. You sir have definitely earned yourself a cookie.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
the awesome pyroma... on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
Ok thank you very much for all your time and support through out this very long long thread. With your help now I feel that I can continue knowing I am doing something right. You sir have definitely earned yourself a cookie.
No problem, glad I could help

Ensign
Nov 19, 2015
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:

Hope this helped!

Lvl 70
Lvl 27
Why spooky 2? To increase Valor's shield? Also i have a lvl 15 swashbuckler. I have 5 practice points so what should I use them on? Thanks for all your help if you can provide it!
Clever Jack Kidd lvl 70

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
PrivateerOfLA on Jul 10, 2016 wrote:
Why spooky 2? To increase Valor's shield? Also i have a lvl 15 swashbuckler. I have 5 practice points so what should I use them on? Thanks for all your help if you can provide it!
Clever Jack Kidd lvl 70
Spooky 2 increases bleeding damage, the amount a heal does and valor's armor absorbs. All useful for a swashbuckler. With your 5 practice points, I would recommend trying to get Elusive 2, you may or may not have enough practice points to get it but try training as far as you can