Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Revive Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 21, 2020
So I’ve only been playing Pirate101 for a number of months now. Absolutely love the game and am deeply invested in it. I’m sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say that. However doing some not so very deep research I found that the game is grossly underdeveloped and uncared for. The game is many years old now, I remember seeing the launch trailers as a kid but never got around to playing the game. Now under current circumstances, I have the time to sit at home and play. Finished the story and max leveled my musketeer and was expecting so much more. I was ready to see what more the game had to offer and was surprised to see that there isn’t much else to do. The Haywire Dreadnaught, Tower of Moo Manchu and replaying Kane’s court are the only things max level players have left to do. The game is very deep into its lifespan and has yet to receive a story update. While community management reassured the player base that they have not “forgotten” about the game, they don’t seem to have any substance to support those claims. While reading many reviews about the game studio many claim it to be “directionless” and “mismanaged”. But you don’t need to read reviews to find that to be the case. The company’s flagship game Wizard101 is constantly evolving and updated understandably so, Pirate101 sits in its shadow dying. Horrible business practice for any game developer, however something that can be fixed rather easily. A dedicated group of developers appointed to work on the game could breathe new life into what is an already fantastic game, that still has a very dedicated and loyal fan base still around. With a project lead the give the developers direction and guidance, and a steady stream of content releases I’m sure the player base would grow and make the game more profitable to Kingsisle. Which would actually encourage more and more people to play the game and make Kingsisle have a reason to keep development of the game rolling. As it stands Kingsisle has no care for the game as it is not profitable or not as much as they’d like due to a sore lack of a comparable player base to Wizard101. This is as stated before attributed to lack of content for players of the game to enjoy.
As we all know not all player requested content can make its way into a game. This much is true, however such a thing as a main story questline update can happen. Not only can it happen, it should happen. After defeating Kane the main storyline is left completed but open ended. I’m sure that the “The End?” after that fight was meant to segway into another line of quests. However development was halted or cut altogether and the game has been left in the state it is in. While true small content drops have been made such as last years Halloween update with Black Annie Rackham and Blightbeard was implemented into the game it’s not enough to holdover players indefinitely. Especially when the biggest reward; both bosses unlocked as companions. Is stuck behind a paywall. As well as the Pirate Nightmare Packs (Which also was released as a pack for Wizard101) was released, players aren’t going to jump for joy at Kingsisle’s rendition of a lootbox. Which as we’ve seen in the media had a huge uproar in the gaming community, leading games such as Battlefront 2 to scrap the idea altogether as a whole. But Kingsisle still persists after unsavory and outdated methods of micro transactions to pull money from the game. Going as far as to make their two game memberships separate entities.
My solution is simple. Make your voices heard in the message boards as well as any other media so that Kingsisle can see the support for this game is still here. But it’ll soon wane and waver much like so many of that of others if we are not given what is so rightfully ours. Game developers who make millions of dollars off of constant updates and developments of their games such as Bungie with Destiny 2. Blizzard with Overwatch and numerous other games, WoW being a very big example. Even Undead Labs with State of Decay even though content is slow to release still listen to their community and deliver content to the best of their ability. Re-releasing seasonal content year after year, recycling content from Wizard101 and overall neglecting a game will NOT make it profitable in any sense. If dollar signs are all Kingsisle cares about then the clear way to profit from your assets is to nurture them. Especially one that has as much promise as Pirate101. Someone with very limited business background such as myself can understand that. However, limitation of employee creativity and input. High employee turnover rate. Directionless company goals and development. And lack of understanding and willingness to listen to your target market is financial and business suicide.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Welcome to the message boards, Tara Morris!
Preach it, sister, preach it! Can we get an Amen? This is one of the best posts I've read describing the current situation we players are in from KI lack of response to our concerns.
While we finally got an honest answer from Leah Ruben, she has been silent lately. All we hear from our community manager is how much KI "loves" this game. But it's pretty obvious we're not "loved" as much as W101
We used to have a dedicated team, we got frequent updates, our numbers were rising; then the teams were merged and we suffered an update slow down. Yet we still had some awesome QoL additions that helped the game immensely.
Then we got the rather disappointing VA2 update, however we still had hope that KI would be updating the game "in bite - sized chunks" as Ms. Ruben said.
4 years onward and that promise has evaporated, how anyone can call more skeleton key bosses an "update" is beyond me
I've been waiting 6 years for some side content to give me a reason to log on and play. Even that hasn't happened yet. Ranked PvP was great addition, and something to generate revenue for KI, but that has been neglected for over a year.
Stop ignoring your customers, KI, and do something positive before it's too late!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Tara Morris on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:
So I’ve only been playing Pirate101 for a number of months now. Absolutely love the game and am deeply invested in it. I’m sure I can speak for a lot of people when I say that. However doing some not so very deep research I found that the game is grossly underdeveloped and uncared for. The game is many years old now, I remember seeing the launch trailers as a kid but never got around to playing the game. Now under current circumstances, I have the time to sit at home and play. Finished the story and max leveled my musketeer and was expecting so much more. I was ready to see what more the game had to offer and was surprised to see that there isn’t much else to do. The Haywire Dreadnaught, Tower of Moo Manchu and replaying Kane’s court are the only things max level players have left to do. The game is very deep into its lifespan and has yet to receive a story update. While community management reassured the player base that they have not “forgotten” about the game, they don’t seem to have any substance to support those claims. While reading many reviews about the game studio many claim it to be “directionless” and “mismanaged”. But you don’t need to read reviews to find that to be the case. The company’s flagship game Wizard101 is constantly evolving and updated understandably so, Pirate101 sits in its shadow dying. Horrible business practice for any game developer, however something that can be fixed rather easily. A dedicated group of developers appointed to work on the game could breathe new life into what is an already fantastic game, that still has a very dedicated and loyal fan base still around. With a project lead the give the developers direction and guidance, and a steady stream of content releases I’m sure the player base would grow and make the game more profitable to Kingsisle. Which would actually encourage more and more people to play the game and make Kingsisle have a reason to keep development of the game rolling. As it stands Kingsisle has no care for the game as it is not profitable or not as much as they’d like due to a sore lack of a comparable player base to Wizard101. This is as stated before attributed to lack of content for players of the game to enjoy.
As we all know not all player requested content can make its way into a game. This much is true, however such a thing as a main story questline update can happen. Not only can it happen, it should happen. After defeating Kane the main storyline is left completed but open ended. I’m sure that the “The End?” after that fight was meant to segway into another line of quests. However development was halted or cut altogether and the game has been left in the state it is in. While true small content drops have been made such as last years Halloween update with Black Annie Rackham and Blightbeard was implemented into the game it’s not enough to holdover players indefinitely. Especially when the biggest reward; both bosses unlocked as companions. Is stuck behind a paywall. As well as the Pirate Nightmare Packs (Which also was released as a pack for Wizard101) was released, players aren’t going to jump for joy at Kingsisle’s rendition of a lootbox. Which as we’ve seen in the media had a huge uproar in the gaming community, leading games such as Battlefront 2 to scrap the idea altogether as a whole. But Kingsisle still persists after unsavory and outdated methods of micro transactions to pull money from the game. Going as far as to make their two game memberships separate entities.
My solution is simple. Make your voices heard in the message boards as well as any other media so that Kingsisle can see the support for this game is still here. But it’ll soon wane and waver much like so many of that of others if we are not given what is so rightfully ours. Game developers who make millions of dollars off of constant updates and developments of their games such as Bungie with Destiny 2. Blizzard with Overwatch and numerous other games, WoW being a very big example. Even Undead Labs with State of Decay even though content is slow to release still listen to their community and deliver content to the best of their ability. Re-releasing seasonal content year after year, recycling content from Wizard101 and overall neglecting a game will NOT make it profitable in any sense. If dollar signs are all Kingsisle cares about then the clear way to profit from your assets is to nurture them. Especially one that has as much promise as Pirate101. Someone with very limited business background such as myself can understand that. However, limitation of employee creativity and input. High employee turnover rate. Directionless company goals and development. And lack of understanding and willingness to listen to your target market is financial and business suicide.
Bless you! You really think we haven't been asking for more game here? Or even asking for a little more to do without a storyline expansion? Do you really think we haven't spoken out?

Sorry, but now I'm speaking with my wallet. They don't support pirate101, so why should I?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Oh, thank goodness, a voice! I just couldn't bear to speak up for myself.

Bearing on this, when Kingsisle said there would be no story content, they did promise that we would still get updates on a regular basis.

Those promises have been violated, Kingsisle has failed to gave us anything of quality except a half-hearted attempt every September. Even those do basically nothing withing a month of release.

This is not good enough!

I want no apology, no something that might hold us off until it doesn't. I'm tired of that. The only thing that will calm us down this time is ABSOLUTE, CONCRETE ACTION TAKEN TO REVIVE THIS GAME, AND PROOF THAT IT IS HAPPENING. I haven't had a reason to play in months, and I want what I paid for if you want my crowns and my continued loyalty.

(Kingsisle, I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry I have to say this, but it's the truth. I don't want to say this, but I don't want to be ignored anymore either. )

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, Tara Morris!
Preach it, sister, preach it! Can we get an Amen? This is one of the best posts I've read describing the current situation we players are in from KI lack of response to our concerns.
While we finally got an honest answer from Leah Ruben, she has been silent lately. All we hear from our community manager is how much KI "loves" this game. But it's pretty obvious we're not "loved" as much as W101
We used to have a dedicated team, we got frequent updates, our numbers were rising; then the teams were merged and we suffered an update slow down. Yet we still had some awesome QoL additions that helped the game immensely.
Then we got the rather disappointing VA2 update, however we still had hope that KI would be updating the game "in bite - sized chunks" as Ms. Ruben said.
4 years onward and that promise has evaporated, how anyone can call more skeleton key bosses an "update" is beyond me
I've been waiting 6 years for some side content to give me a reason to log on and play. Even that hasn't happened yet. Ranked PvP was great addition, and something to generate revenue for KI, but that has been neglected for over a year.
Stop ignoring your customers, KI, and do something positive before it's too late!
Ah yes, you see by bit-sized it seems they meant " here's your twelve days of Kingsisle and your one boss fight that took 30 minutes to make, now shut up".

Ensign
Aug 02, 2009
This is not only a brutally honest post, but I also hope it is a wake up call for the devs. The time to act on this game is RIGHT NOW while everybody is stuck at home! Everything you said was completely true and well written, I just doubt we will ever get a reply from them in here. :(

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I want to specify that this may be Kingsisle's last chance. We are quite literally the very last of your playerbase on these message boards, and people are leaving. Waddledede left a while back, Willowydream is no longer subscribed, I haven't heard anything from Calamity Finch, Helpful Aurora Parker, or RRRRZZZZ419 in MONTHS, and Anecorbie is threatening to leave in June. I am nothing short of disappointed by such a long delay from Kingsisle.

Have your Spring Update KI Live for Wizard, they deserve a stream about their new features.

But I am putting an ultimatum on this game. This is the last patience that I, as a faithful player since Pirate101's Beta, am willing to give, and I hope Captain Avery himself is listening. The deadline is the middle of July of this year. By then, I want to have proof that a decent, good-quality update is on its way. And no pointless things like more Skeleton Key bosses, I want the REAL CONTENT THAT WE DESERVE. If at least this is not fulfilled, then I have no reason to trust Kingsisle's decisions like I used to.

Please, Kingsisle, I am begging you for at least this. I have loved this game since I was a child, and you are breaking my love and trust. Prove to me, PROVE to me that you are the loving game I want to know.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Lookit Light on Apr 30, 2020 wrote:
I want to specify that this may be Kingsisle's last chance. We are quite literally the very last of your playerbase on these message boards, and people are leaving. Waddledede left a while back, Willowydream is no longer subscribed, I haven't heard anything from Calamity Finch, Helpful Aurora Parker, or RRRRZZZZ419 in MONTHS, and Anecorbie is threatening to leave in June. I am nothing short of disappointed by such a long delay from Kingsisle.

Have your Spring Update KI Live for Wizard, they deserve a stream about their new features.

But I am putting an ultimatum on this game. This is the last patience that I, as a faithful player since Pirate101's Beta, am willing to give, and I hope Captain Avery himself is listening. The deadline is the middle of July of this year. By then, I want to have proof that a decent, good-quality update is on its way. And no pointless things like more Skeleton Key bosses, I want the REAL CONTENT THAT WE DESERVE. If at least this is not fulfilled, then I have no reason to trust Kingsisle's decisions like I used to.

Please, Kingsisle, I am begging you for at least this. I have loved this game since I was a child, and you are breaking my love and trust. Prove to me, PROVE to me that you are the loving game I want to know.
Sad to say I think in terms of community this game may be done. All of the veterans are leaving. Many backbones of this community that held it in good light for so long, and promoted the game to other players, are finished. I can't say I blame them, KI has completely ignored P101 for so long. Our hopes went up during the 2019 holidays. People speculated maybe we would get something. We did, but is was a statement telling us they were done with the game.

KI needs to act now if they want to save this game. Not just give the usual Christmas update, actually work on the game. Honestly one important update, no matter how small, could save this game and bring back a lot of those guys.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
We've all lost our patience for the developers. It's time they took action.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Every post on here is exactly right. I've played since its release and have been so saddened yet so angry to see Pirate101 get treated so badly and have never heard of other such carelessness and neglect by another company. Now I've only gotten access to here because I bought crowns for the companion sale, my ONLY EVER incentive for crowns. Bat admitting they wouldn't go over pirate in live broke my entire trust and hope in ki. It's also funny - why would you admit this to a base already turning against you in anger? I was disappointed in the rushed and anticlimactic (not to mention the assets reused are through the roof) book 15 but ki assured they would give more updates. Obviously that didn't happen, and we got the terrible skeleton key bosses. I still can't see ANYTHING in the nightmare hub. Now we have nothing substantial and still only have the tower, dreadnought***, and kane. 6 maxed levels. Silence from ki. You better listen to us because this is your last resort before all hope is lost. Last time is nothing compared to this. This time, it's real, and it will happen if you continue on your neglectful path. This is, quite literally, as said above, the best example of business and financial suicide not to mention the worst reputation you can get (along with the many failed mobile games and the ones still up also don't get updated!). It's taking a turn for the absolute worst.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on May 1, 2020 wrote:
Every post on here is exactly right. I've played since its release and have been so saddened yet so angry to see Pirate101 get treated so badly and have never heard of other such carelessness and neglect by another company. Now I've only gotten access to here because I bought crowns for the companion sale, my ONLY EVER incentive for crowns. Bat admitting they wouldn't go over pirate in live broke my entire trust and hope in ki. It's also funny - why would you admit this to a base already turning against you in anger? I was disappointed in the rushed and anticlimactic (not to mention the assets reused are through the roof) book 15 but ki assured they would give more updates. Obviously that didn't happen, and we got the terrible skeleton key bosses. I still can't see ANYTHING in the nightmare hub. Now we have nothing substantial and still only have the tower, dreadnought***, and kane. 6 maxed levels. Silence from ki. You better listen to us because this is your last resort before all hope is lost. Last time is nothing compared to this. This time, it's real, and it will happen if you continue on your neglectful path. This is, quite literally, as said above, the best example of business and financial suicide not to mention the worst reputation you can get (along with the many failed mobile games and the ones still up also don't get updated!). It's taking a turn for the absolute worst.
I think they just don't understand the importance of p101. They focus more on mobile games and Wizard101 than their second biggest money maker. I understand that w101 has always made more money.
But come on, you care that little about us. You put so little effort into the game. I blame the heads of KI. Not Ratbeard of Bat Masterson, or any staff working on p101. They have as little control as we do over the rest of KI.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on May 1, 2020 wrote:
It has been well said. Everything that needs to be said has been.

We, as Pirate101's collective long-term followers, find Kingsisle Entertainment to be guilty of negligence of Pirate101 for the past three years. I would now like to hear the thoughts of Kingsisle's development team on this matter. To Ratbeard or any other development team members, we wish to hear your regards on this matter.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012

All of those people you mentioned were extremely active here. I knew Aurora well for a while and it didn't seem likely of her to just...leave.

But this is what happens when you don't update in so long, I haven't posted here either and my last few posts have been mostly just jokes, I'm still enjoying the game but I feel this is the end of the road. If of all people Anecorbie is leaving soon, yeah that's not good. I haven't posted much (And I assume the aforemention others) because there's nothing NEW to talk about, I've said it all. They need to put out more content. And I'm gonna start playing tons soon, my current goal in life is to get at least all of my pirates in or finished with Monquista before it's over.

If they manage to get something out soon, that's great, I'll keep playing. If not, I'll stick with it until it's fate.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lookit Light on May 3, 2020 wrote:
It has been well said. Everything that needs to be said has been.

We, as Pirate101's collective long-term followers, find Kingsisle Entertainment to be guilty of negligence of Pirate101 for the past three years. I would now like to hear the thoughts of Kingsisle's development team on this matter. To Ratbeard or any other development team members, we wish to hear your regards on this matter.
I mean what I'm saying here, and I want my response from the development team. Every day you remain silent is a day digging deeper into Pirate101's grave.

Middle of July. If I don't see proof of good things forthcoming by the middle of July, then all my hope and patience is spent. There will be no more silent begging. Give us what we deserve.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012

And now that I think about it, the ones you've mentioned aren't even all of them:

Valkoor and Witchdoctor Daruis haven't posted in 2 years, Chrissy's been absent since late 2018, Angel Angie, Kingme, Cdewinter, Mistydragon13, Rachael Dreamsong, Monkrinx2024, all gone. I'm sure they'll return sometime but it's still concerning.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Lookit Light on May 9, 2020 wrote:
I mean what I'm saying here, and I want my response from the development team. Every day you remain silent is a day digging deeper into Pirate101's grave.

Middle of July. If I don't see proof of good things forthcoming by the middle of July, then all my hope and patience is spent. There will be no more silent begging. Give us what we deserve.
Kingsisle! Response, please!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on May 11, 2020 wrote:
And now that I think about it, the ones you've mentioned aren't even all of them:

Valkoor and Witchdoctor Daruis haven't posted in 2 years, Chrissy's been absent since late 2018, Angel Angie, Kingme, Cdewinter, Mistydragon13, Rachael Dreamsong, Monkrinx2024, all gone. I'm sure they'll return sometime but it's still concerning.
CDeWinter left the boards this past December, let us remember some more of the other missing members:
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Sam Underhill
Golden Guardian
zuto
Technomage
HooDoo Mistress
HooDoo Master

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
darkmoordude on May 11, 2020 wrote:

really kind of you to remember me

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I've made a post on the Wizard forums, asking the Wizard players to try and get the devs to say something about the future of Pirate, whether we get a new update, or nothing ever. If the devs at KI care at all, please just reply to this post, and say something.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Good Luck with that, the devs aren't responsible for new content; you want to get a response? Pressure Leah Ruben "professor Falmea" Senior Producer of MMO content.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
witchdoctor daruis on May 16, 2020 wrote:

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on May 16, 2020 wrote:
Ofc bro, how could I forget?

Ensign
May 13, 2009
AMEN. I hope they can at least say something is happening.

Administrator
Hey all! Popping in here to update you. We're still at the stage when we put out the last producer's letter. We're supporting the community in every other way we can right now, as you know. I wish I could give you more news :(.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
just want to update, my post was locked almost immediately by an admin of the wizard forums