Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No new pets for pirates

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I know we started it. We started complaining that all we were getting was pets and mounts, and we didn't want new pets and mounts - we wanted new content. So, Kingsisle's response has been to stop adding pets and mounts on a regular basis anymore. Wizard101 got a new pet to celebrate the Leap Year, so I went and looked in the Pirate101 Crown Shop to see... nothing.

Pets and mounts that return to the Crown Shop for holidays continue to be labeled as "NEW!" when they are not. The same Eyepatches return every holiday, and they are always labeled NEW!

Could someone spend a few minutes and create a little "Returned!" to the Crown Shop labels and spare those of us who are thirsty for the sight of something that is actually new from that split second of excitement/disappointment.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on Feb 19, 2020 wrote:
I know we started it. We started complaining that all we were getting was pets and mounts, and we didn't want new pets and mounts - we wanted new content. So, Kingsisle's response has been to stop adding pets and mounts on a regular basis anymore. Wizard101 got a new pet to celebrate the Leap Year, so I went and looked in the Pirate101 Crown Shop to see... nothing.

Pets and mounts that return to the Crown Shop for holidays continue to be labeled as "NEW!" when they are not. The same Eyepatches return every holiday, and they are always labeled NEW!

Could someone spend a few minutes and create a little "Returned!" to the Crown Shop labels and spare those of us who are thirsty for the sight of something that is actually new from that split second of excitement/disappointment.

It's a "Leaping Leprechan" ( Leaprechan? ) that's why we didn't get it as a pet. There aren't faerie folk in this game.
Those items in the crown shop are "new" to new pirates. I don't care about those as they don't come with stats or powers - hardly worth the crowns unless you want to stitch with them.
Since the New Year we haven't got anything new in the crown shop at all. This seems to indicate that KI isn't putting even the slightest effort into this game.
If we don't get anything for April Fool's, then we can pretty much believe we're sunk.....It's disgraceful, the way KI has treated this game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Soooo, another new pet for W101 ( plucky clover ) and absolutely nothing for Pirates? Hand writing's on the wall, my ship mates! KI isn't bothering about this game, at all.

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
Wizard just got a 4 leaf clover pet as well....

KI and i have a different sense of NEW

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
It's a "Leaping Leprechan" ( Leaprechan? ) that's why we didn't get it as a pet. There aren't faerie folk in this game.
Those items in the crown shop are "new" to new pirates. I don't care about those as they don't come with stats or powers - hardly worth the crowns unless you want to stitch with them.
Since the New Year we haven't got anything new in the crown shop at all. This seems to indicate that KI isn't putting even the slightest effort into this game.
If we don't get anything for April Fool's, then we can pretty much believe we're sunk.....It's disgraceful, the way KI has treated this game.

Since Pirate101 takes place in the same Spiral as Wizard101, the excuse that Faerie doesn't exist for pirates is not a good one.

There is NO reason that a Leprechaun or a Four Leaf Clover -- or anything -- can't be provided to pirate players except that the powers-that-be choose not to cause it to happen.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Mar 3, 2020 wrote:
Since Pirate101 takes place in the same Spiral as Wizard101, the excuse that Faerie doesn't exist for pirates is not a good one.

There is NO reason that a Leprechaun or a Four Leaf Clover -- or anything -- can't be provided to pirate players except that the powers-that-be choose not to cause it to happen.

Well, I wasn't offering that as an excuse, but as a reason why we didn't get that particular pet. We could very easily have had a re-skin of the chameleon and called it a "Leapin' Lizard"
And a Plucky Clover would have been very welcomed here.
If we don't get an April Fool's mount we can be pretty sure KI has decided to scuttle us.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 4, 2020 wrote:
Well, I wasn't offering that as an excuse, but as a reason why we didn't get that particular pet. We could very easily have had a re-skin of the chameleon and called it a "Leapin' Lizard"
And a Plucky Clover would have been very welcomed here.
If we don't get an April Fool's mount we can be pretty sure KI has decided to scuttle us.
Very true.

Decius did say on the KI Live stream chat that he'd consider giving us a hybrid hint on the next Live. I'd even take a new hybrid pet discovery for excitement these days.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
And now W101 has a new mount ( the sunflower skimmer ) and we pirates don't get a share of that booty. I wish someone would explain WHY we're not getting anything?
I'm very afraid P101 will soon be canceled....

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 16, 2020 wrote:
And now W101 has a new mount ( the sunflower skimmer ) and we pirates don't get a share of that booty. I wish someone would explain WHY we're not getting anything?
I'm very afraid P101 will soon be canceled....
Yes, the Pumpkin Patch is getting bare and dusty -- any concern for Pirate101 and its community is hardly sincere when not even a springtime mount can be provided in both games.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Mar 17, 2020 wrote:
Yes, the Pumpkin Patch is getting bare and dusty -- any concern for Pirate101 and its community is hardly sincere when not even a springtime mount can be provided in both games.

Well, at least Amazingshot123 is still in the Patch; but is he ( or she ) sincere or just desperate?

Absolute silence from everyone except Bat is very troubling.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, at last we have a "new" mount ( it's from W101's Pandamonium pack ). I'm rather happy about that.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 19, 2020 wrote:
Well, at last we have a "new" mount ( it's from W101's Pandamonium pack ). I'm rather happy about that.
Agreed. At least the Spring Festival is not merely a return of the same-old, same-old.

I think I had a dream that they invented Spring Gift Boxes.