Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More free to play please?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 13, 2018
I want to be able to play the full storyline in pirate101 and wizard101 please? I want to spend my tiny entertainment budget on mounts and other in game stuff than just subscriptions. Being on disability, we are forced to live halfway below the poverty line! Please give everyone full story content while allowing us to buy fun stuff once in a while?

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
FoxxyLove581 on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
I want to be able to play the full storyline in pirate101 and wizard101 please? I want to spend my tiny entertainment budget on mounts and other in game stuff than just subscriptions. Being on disability, we are forced to live halfway below the poverty line! Please give everyone full story content while allowing us to buy fun stuff once in a while?
I'm sorry, that's not going to work. A lot of KingsIsle's revenue comes from subscription payments, and if they gave everyone entire access to the game, then they would lose a whole lot of money. In the world of business, money is everything. I remember thinking this way when I was younger, but now, over seven years after getting into KingsIsle games, I see the necessity in memberships. So unless they want to lose a chunk of their revenue, then maybe they'll consider this.

Also, I'm sorry about your situation. Hope it gets better!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'm sorry to hear that you have such a limited budget. Have you tried earning the free crowns to buy areas?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You can use crowns to buy areas and those areas are yours while the game lasts. You can do KI trivia for free crowns, and KI often has seasonal giveaways of crowns or items.
But KI is in the business of making money. That money goes to maintaining the game, updates, and paying their employees.
At the moment though, P101 isn't getting story-line up dates, perhaps expanding the free to play content would be possible.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
I feel you.

I used to a FtP until we got Membership. Back then, all we could do was redo Fin Dorsal, pet fights and just walk around.
I hope they add some more FtP but I doubt it's going to happen. Willowydream, they took away the 'Earn Crowns' button reasons unknown.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
glitterway123 on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
I feel you.

I used to a FtP until we got Membership. Back then, all we could do was redo Fin Dorsal, pet fights and just walk around.
I hope they add some more FtP but I doubt it's going to happen. Willowydream, they took away the 'Earn Crowns' button reasons unknown.
You can still do KI Trivia quizzes to earn crowns daily

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
glitterway123 on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
I feel you.

Trivia on KIFreegames can earn crowns, and even free-to-play wizard accounts can do Daily Assignments for free crowns on an almost weekly basis.

Maybe someday Pirates will be able to earn free crowns in-game that way...

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Willowydream on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:
Trivia on KIFreegames can earn crowns, and even free-to-play wizard accounts can do Daily Assignments for free crowns on an almost weekly basis.

Maybe some day Pirates will be able to do different daily quests rather than the same ones over and over ad naseum.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 06, 2018
Willowydream on Oct 31, 2019 wrote:

*sighs*
Yet again, Wiz has something we don't.