Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical XP

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 04, 2018
Hey, I am in Mooshu currently about to start the Subata Skyway storyline. I am currently close to level 50 while my nautical level is midway through 46. The problem is, I can't find any ships that give me decent nautical xp. The highest level ship i've found is 42. I've tried pretty hard to keep my nautical level on par with my normal level but it just seems like I level up too fast in Mooshu, and i've fallen a few levels back. I've done pretty much every side quest and I put most of my companions on "Sailin". The only way i'd level up my nautical is to sink 35-45 ships per level and that seems like a lot. Do you guys have any tips you could give me?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hunter Master of B... on Jul 28, 2019 wrote:
Hey, I am in Mooshu currently about to start the Subata Skyway storyline. I am currently close to level 50 while my nautical level is midway through 46. The problem is, I can't find any ships that give me decent nautical xp. The highest level ship i've found is 42. I've tried pretty hard to keep my nautical level on par with my normal level but it just seems like I level up too fast in Mooshu, and i've fallen a few levels back. I've done pretty much every side quest and I put most of my companions on "Sailin". The only way i'd level up my nautical is to sink 35-45 ships per level and that seems like a lot. Do you guys have any tips you could give me?
Welcome to the message boards! I see that you are already doing everything you possibly can to stay on top of your nautical experience. I suggest that if ships are failing you in the experience department, that you try fighting the turrets available in Cool Ranch ( Tumbleweed skyway, between the Wild Bunch ships & Black Storm ships ), in MooShu ( behind Moo Manchu's island hideout ) and the boss ships found in Trade Winds skyway, ( near the MooShu stormgate ), Khotan ( near Rokugawa ) and Subata skyway ( near the skydragons off shore of Icy Dock ).
You could also try looking for scout ships in Skull Island where the Dreadnought sometimes appears.

( in support of Willowydream's request: need a ship icon! )

Ensign
Jul 08, 2019
Honestly, I think your nautical level is fine. It is only 4 levels behind your character's level which is actually pretty good. My nautical level is not even close to my main level (10 or so behind) and I am doing just fine in MooShu. I think that you will be perfectly fine if you just keep cruising along. If you really want to get that level up there, however, I recommend finding a friend that has Marleybone or another higher level world unlocked and you just port to them and farm ships there.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Once you get into Subata Skyway, you will find plenty of the higher level ships you need. There are another couple of "boss ships" that you can farm for nautical as well as the better ship equipment. There are two in Khotan Skyway if you would farm before entering Subata -- The Pearl Wolf and Gyudon, near Rokugara. In Subata, look for Samarkand among the higher level Amber Horde, and Hamato outside the yellow windlane near the upper right of the map.

Personally, I enjoy farming ships for nautical and equipment. I find it a relaxing break from the battleboard.

[ship icon - use your imagination]