Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best starting origin for a swashbuckler for pvp?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 12, 2014
Hello. I have come back to the game after being off for a bunch of years. I came back to realize that the questions that are asked at the beginning of the game do matter, and realized that I chose the +5% health bonus to my swashbuckler, and my chosen companion is subodai.

Are these two things good for pvp, or would it be better if I reset my swashbucker?

My character is level 42, so it would be a pain to reset, but I am willing if it matters in pvp

Would restarting for +5% spell power be better? Or for dodge/accuracy?

And is a better starting companion better for my swashbuckler?

All suggestions and opinions are welcome :) thank you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Gamer4234 on May 14, 2019 wrote:
Hello. I have come back to the game after being off for a bunch of years. I came back to realize that the questions that are asked at the beginning of the game do matter, and realized that I chose the +5% health bonus to my swashbuckler, and my chosen companion is subodai.

Are these two things good for pvp, or would it be better if I reset my swashbucker?

My character is level 42, so it would be a pain to reset, but I am willing if it matters in pvp

Would restarting for +5% spell power be better? Or for dodge/accuracy?

And is a better starting companion better for my swashbuckler?

All suggestions and opinions are welcome :) thank you.
You can't reset those choices. What you chose during Character Creation is set in stone.
If you want to make any changes, then making a new character is your only option.
Swashbucklers always get Subodai ( and he's a great companion! )

Community Leader
I gave you feedback on this in the server, but I'll reiterate it. No, resetting is probably not worthwhile. 5% spooky is the best, but it's not so much better than 5% health that it's worth doing the first 40 levels again. Your starting companion is always Subodai; the companion that you can choose (from your parents' deaths) is the one you get from the Presidio, around level 10 (Gaspard, Milo, Jack, Birgus, Mike). All 5 of these are mediocre to bad in PvP, so the one you picked doesn't really matter.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP