Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Newsletter

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Hi Bat - I really appreciate you posting and linking to the monthly Newsletter here in the main forums, but why do you close the thread right away? Wouldn't it be better to have us reply to your thread than make a new one? Several of us may feel prompted to comment, and then you'll have multiple threads on the same subject.

Anyhoo...

While it was interesting to learn a bit more about Port Regal as a zone, I'd like to suggest providing a bit more detail about the zones being featured -- such as, how many wooden/group plunder chest locations are in the zone, what vendors of rare items might we encounter, or which interesting side quests do most pirates complete in the area.

Just my thoughts, if this is going to be a regular feature.

Administrator
Willowydream on May 5, 2019 wrote:
Hi Bat - I really appreciate you posting and linking to the monthly Newsletter here in the main forums, but why do you close the thread right away? Wouldn't it be better to have us reply to your thread than make a new one? Several of us may feel prompted to comment, and then you'll have multiple threads on the same subject.

Anyhoo...

While it was interesting to learn a bit more about Port Regal as a zone, I'd like to suggest providing a bit more detail about the zones being featured -- such as, how many wooden/group plunder chest locations are in the zone, what vendors of rare items might we encounter, or which interesting side quests do most pirates complete in the area.

Just my thoughts, if this is going to be a regular feature.

Hi Willowydream! Np!

We don't close the thread, it's just in the Announcements section where others cannot respond to it. There's actually a couple of options we could employ here though...

1 - We forward the news here to the General Discussion, keeping a link to the old. This way you can respond to the General Discussion one.

2 - Let the community post a forward, like this thread ;).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Bat Masterson on May 6, 2019 wrote:
Hi Willowydream! Np!

We don't close the thread, it's just in the Announcements section where others cannot respond to it. There's actually a couple of options we could employ here though...

1 - We forward the news here to the General Discussion, keeping a link to the old. This way you can respond to the General Discussion one.

2 - Let the community post a forward, like this thread ;).
Thanks, Bat - I typically look at Updated Topics, so I don't always note which section a post is in.

If you forward the news here, linking to the announcement, you may get more feedback. I think that there are many members who will reply to a thread but are reluctant to try to start a new one.

Administrator
Willowydream on May 6, 2019 wrote:
Thanks, Bat - I typically look at Updated Topics, so I don't always note which section a post is in.

If you forward the news here, linking to the announcement, you may get more feedback. I think that there are many members who will reply to a thread but are reluctant to try to start a new one.

I think the forwarding will be the solution! This will get you the news in that one place, and upon clicking on the link redirect you to the section where you can comment about it.