Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Building Lesser Companions Marathon!

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
This is a special one. In this one, I won't adhere to any guidelines, which means you can talk about any companion you want! It could be on how to use the Black Storm Elder, or a lesser-known way to use Nausica! Anything goes!

Seriously... go crazy with your tips!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Apr 1, 2019 wrote:
This is a special one. In this one, I won't adhere to any guidelines, which means you can talk about any companion you want! It could be on how to use the Black Storm Elder, or a lesser-known way to use Nausica! Anything goes!

Seriously... go crazy with your tips!
Differently-abled companions are just so unpopular. Too many players thrive on using only their "A-Team" to slug through battles.

To me, the random throw of the dice adds a needed element of suspense -- "Will they pull it off?" The most fun battles are those on a second attempt won by Nurse Quinn, Crab Hermit and a Crazy Monquistador after Bonnie Anne, El Toro and Ratbeard get defeated. Sometimes it works, and critical chains aren't necessary.

But hey, that's me and how I enjoy the game. All companions have their uses, if only to gain Nautical Experience so players don't really have to learn how to sink enemy ships efficiently to level.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Willowydream on Apr 4, 2019 wrote:
Differently-abled companions are just so unpopular. Too many players thrive on using only their "A-Team" to slug through battles.

To me, the random throw of the dice adds a needed element of suspense -- "Will they pull it off?" The most fun battles are those on a second attempt won by Nurse Quinn, Crab Hermit and a Crazy Monquistador after Bonnie Anne, El Toro and Ratbeard get defeated. Sometimes it works, and critical chains aren't necessary.

But hey, that's me and how I enjoy the game. All companions have their uses, if only to gain Nautical Experience so players don't really have to learn how to sink enemy ships efficiently to level.

That's me, too! Except with one crucial change... I've rarely done companion tasks, to protest for their restoration. Maybe I'll randomize it like that too...

Did you know that the Ninja Pig is as amazing as it is rare?

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
So how about the Holly Jolly Roger?
I just don't know what to do with this guy, he starts with Quick Draw 1, but can only train double tap, parting shot, quick adjust, and crossfire talents. I just gave mine Double Tap 2 and Crossfire 3 for the memes, I mean what else can I do with a selection like that.
He also is still the only companion in the game who can train the precise talent, so he can ignore 40% of armor but he can't really do anything with it with that kind of epic talent selection.

Also I feel like setups for the Spirit of Giving and Returning are worth discussing, what's the most optimal setup for these guys when they can only train 3 epic talents?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Friendly Jesse Pew on Apr 13, 2019 wrote:
So how about the Holly Jolly Roger?
I just don't know what to do with this guy, he starts with Quick Draw 1, but can only train double tap, parting shot, quick adjust, and crossfire talents. I just gave mine Double Tap 2 and Crossfire 3 for the memes, I mean what else can I do with a selection like that.
He also is still the only companion in the game who can train the precise talent, so he can ignore 40% of armor but he can't really do anything with it with that kind of epic talent selection.

Also I feel like setups for the Spirit of Giving and Returning are worth discussing, what's the most optimal setup for these guys when they can only train 3 epic talents?
I've never even heard of Precice before now! It should be on more companions!

Anyway, Try Riposte 2/Vengeance Strike 2 with Blade Storm, or perhaps Hold the Line 2 and Flanking? Give her lots of Spooky to boost her heal. She appears to be one of the few Companions with both Armor and Magic Resist, with less Armor, so maybe try boosting it?

As for the Spirit of Returning, try Vengeance Strike 2/Riposte 2 with Second Chance, or Relentless 2 with Riposte/Vengeance Strike. It has a unique version of Hurl Blades, so try to boost it with Will or Spooky.