Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is someone you thought you'd recruit?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Like, while you were playing, who did you think you'd be able to use as a companion? Meaning like, upon seeing a character being like "Oh, I'll get him as a companion" sorry if that's badly worried

When I was younger, I thought I would recruit Donkey Hotay in La Mancha cause the sleeves or whatever under his armor matched the shade of green my companions all had, I was a little disappointed when I didn't recruit him. I've had the idea in my head of a Monquista Part II were Privateers recruit him. Maybe he could be inaccurate but have high dodge. The other classes could get someone else on that quest so maybe he could have promotion quests and that would be glorious, but yeah.

Who was like that for you?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
darkmoordude on Mar 19, 2019 wrote:
Like, while you were playing, who did you think you'd be able to use as a companion? Meaning like, upon seeing a character being like "Oh, I'll get him as a companion" sorry if that's badly worried

When I was younger, I thought I would recruit Donkey Hotay in La Mancha cause the sleeves or whatever under his armor matched the shade of green my companions all had, I was a little disappointed when I didn't recruit him. I've had the idea in my head of a Monquista Part II were Privateers recruit him. Maybe he could be inaccurate but have high dodge. The other classes could get someone else on that quest so maybe he could have promotion quests and that would be glorious, but yeah.

I thought for sure we'd recruit Crokagator Dundee or Mann the Dog Hunter in Marleybone. And I did wish we could recruit one of the cute little orphans.

Donkey Hotay would have been good, too.

In Aquila, I thought Witchdoctors would be able to recruit Diskylos, since that class tends to recruit the animal companions.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015

Good thinking! I want a Buffaloon on my crew! They're my favorites. Even better if it's silver like my dear Chester, I love my Silver Buffaloon.

I also want Oingo Boingo to be better. I've got Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah and Goronado, so when yonder Boingo gets better, I'll get him!

I also want Nikeeta. Is that odd?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

After my first pirate ( a swashbuckler ) recruited El Toro & Mustang Sally; I thought all my other classes would get them both - I was disappointed when I realized only swashbucklers got Sally.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Willowydream on Mar 20, 2019 wrote:
I thought for sure we'd recruit Crokagator Dundee or Mann the Dog Hunter in Marleybone. And I did wish we could recruit one of the cute little orphans.

In Aquila, I thought Witchdoctors would be able to recruit Diskylos, since that class tends to recruit the animal companions.

I'd actually LOVE Mann as a companion, there's even one enemy in that Port Regal Jail that has his model, it could work.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Willowydream on Mar 20, 2019 wrote:

Oh yeah Mann the Bounty Hunter was a serious curveball. Especially after recruiting Rooster Cogburn from a similar quest line in Cooper’s Roost. The weirdest thing about that guy is that his model is actually used on a single boss in Fort Elena. Why make a special unit if it’s only gonna be used in a single non major dungeon? Maybe Mann as a companion is cut content or something.

One-eyed Jack was another curveball, he just seems so recruitable but it never happens. Maybe someday.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
For some reason, I thought Hooktail the monkey might join us after we finished his quests.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Mar 29, 2019 wrote:
For some reason, I thought Hooktail the monkey might join us after we finished his quests.
Another unique Monquistan would have been most welcome on my crew.