Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Building Lesser Companions: The Magnificent 7

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I'm back with another Building Lesser Companions! This time I'll be discussing the Magnificent Seven Companions. They are all given at the end of "Payback", and all promote at Level 60.

Billy the Kid is given to Buccaneers

Duck Holliday is earned by Musketeers

Calamity Jane Canary and Wild Bill Peacock are given to Privateers

Buffalo Bill is given to Swashbucklers

Bat Masterson is given to Witchdoctors

NOTES:

Bat Masterson is the only companion in this group that is not a Musketeer, instead being a Privateer.

Wild Bill Peacock is the companion in this group that does not promote by "The Contest of Champions"

As always, all ideas are welcome in bringing these companions back from doing Tasks.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Why do you persist in calling them "lesser"? They aren't as popular, but that doesn't make them weak or useless. And, you know, you're probably hurting their feelings!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Besides, they're universal ( everybody gets at least one ), companions from the main quest line and get story promotions. Nope, nothing "lesser" about the Mag-7!
( I Buffalo Bill! )
Why not cover Black Angus?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 3, 2019 wrote:
Why do you persist in calling them "lesser"? They aren't as popular, but that doesn't make them weak or useless. And, you know, you're probably hurting their feelings!
By "lesser", I mean less often used. that alone hurt their feelings, so this is trying to make them happier.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
Besides, they're universal ( everybody gets at least one ), companions from the main quest line and get story promotions. Nope, nothing "lesser" about the Mag-7!
( I Buffalo Bill! )
Why not cover Black Angus?
Glad to see you like Buffalo Bill! I like my Duck Holliday, too.

Maybe I'll cover Black Angus sometime in the future, but for now, it's these fellows, so I'll provide my own advice on using Duck Holliday.

Despite his lack of Epic Talents, Duck is actually quite amazing. He can chain Burst Fire quite well and has a nice Critical chance. I use him with Burst Fire 3 and Double Tap 2 to harness that potential.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Duck is the only one I consistently use. Burst 3 tap 2 op.

Mag 7 should (imo) get some type of special power unique to that comp only, because they're advertised as being better than others at the game.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
I love these companions.

As a , I had the privilege of getting two for the price of one. Bill Peacock and Jane Canary make quite the dynamic duo. Bill can deal great damage with his burst fire and double tap (similarly to Mr Duck) while Jane plays the role of a sniper/anti-musket with overwatch and true grit. I used both of them a lot in Marlybone to counter the large number of 's.

It would be nice if they got another skill (and an Epic or two), but these guys are still viable and in pretty good shape (looking at you, Ghost Puppy ).

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
witchdoctor of awe... on Jan 4, 2019 wrote:
Duck is the only one I consistently use. Burst 3 tap 2 op.

Mag 7 should (imo) get some type of special power unique to that comp only, because they're advertised as being better than others at the game.
The do have unique powers! Musketeer's Mastery is a Critical attack that reduces Will. Aside from them, only Lieutenant Emmet uses it! They're quite useful with this power.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Lookit Light on Jan 5, 2019 wrote:
The do have unique powers! Musketeer's Mastery is a Critical attack that reduces Will. Aside from them, only Lieutenant Emmet uses it! They're quite useful with this power.
25% will reduce I think? although it'd be much better if it got upgraded when they promoted (to the 50% weapon power reduce?) while it's a good power (guaranteed crit + hurts those will based) It doesn't really sell the "These are some of the greatest heroes" of Cool Ranch feel that the game advertises on.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Jan 6, 2019 wrote:
25% will reduce I think? although it'd be much better if it got upgraded when they promoted (to the 50% weapon power reduce?) while it's a good power (guaranteed crit + hurts those will based) It doesn't really sell the "These are some of the greatest heroes" of Cool Ranch feel that the game advertises on.
A Will reduction on enemy WDs & Privs is not to be scorned. This power becomes very powerful when stacked with any of the Mag-7 & Emmett/Emerson. ( If you choose that team. )

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 7, 2019 wrote:
A Will reduction on enemy WDs & Privs is not to be scorned. This power becomes very powerful when stacked with any of the Mag-7 & Emmett/Emerson. ( If you choose that team. )
it's already a guaranteed crit, so why would i consider that bad? Only 1 Class gets emmet (exeter has one as well, but why would I tell someone to spend around 10$ in crowns for a single companion?) There isn't a huge difference between Duck/Billy/Wild Bill vs Lefty, except they have a 25% will reduce with the guaranteed crit. Companions that are advertised to be some of the best in the west should be getting more anyways.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
Jane Canary acts like a second Emmet. She can cover defense against other muskets via true grit 3 and/or protect you vs melee with overwatch 3. Duck is your straight shooter. Able to combo with burst fire and double tap. But he also gets true grit 3 if need to. I want buffalo bill but idk if he is any good.