Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate/Wizard Crossover (Spoilers for both)

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
If there's ever a time for any Pirate stuff to show up in Wizard (or vice versa), it's now. Why?

1. Both games have wrapped up a story arc. What better time then to do something radical?
2. Blind Mew is now the Head Writer at Kingsisle. He's always been good with Pirates, and now he can exert creative control over the Wizard storyline too.
3. We have an enemy in each game that wants to destroy the Spiral and rebuild the First World. Queen survived, and Kane's Golden Mind was taken away by an unknown force (perhaps the Cabal?). On the Wizard side, despite the Cabal's current failures they're still looking for a way to end the Spiral. I can certainly see Queen, perhaps with a rebuilt Kane, attempting to reassert control over the remains of the Armada and working with the Cabal.

I don't think it would be too wise for the Pirate and Wizard PC to meet up, but I would absolutely LOVE to see Pirates and Wizards unite to face the forces of evil as a two-pronged assault. Wizards could visit Skull Island to chase a lead on the Cabal, and be drawn into the fight against the Armada, while Pirates could sail far away and look for where Kane's Golden Mind ended up. Fighting together, but not alongside.

Yes, I know Sybil mentioned a Nothing, but that could be a reference to the destruction of the spiral, or possibly the hollow nature of the clockworks.
End unsubstantiated speculation.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Robobot1747 on Dec 21, 2018 wrote:
If there's ever a time for any Pirate stuff to show up in Wizard (or vice versa), it's now. Why?

1. Both games have wrapped up a story arc. What better time then to do something radical?
2. Blind Mew is now the Head Writer at Kingsisle. He's always been good with Pirates, and now he can exert creative control over the Wizard storyline too.
3. We have an enemy in each game that wants to destroy the Spiral and rebuild the First World. Queen survived, and Kane's Golden Mind was taken away by an unknown force (perhaps the Cabal?). On the Wizard side, despite the Cabal's current failures they're still looking for a way to end the Spiral. I can certainly see Queen, perhaps with a rebuilt Kane, attempting to reassert control over the remains of the Armada and working with the Cabal.

I don't think it would be too wise for the Pirate and Wizard PC to meet up, but I would absolutely LOVE to see Pirates and Wizards unite to face the forces of evil as a two-pronged assault. Wizards could visit Skull Island to chase a lead on the Cabal, and be drawn into the fight against the Armada, while Pirates could sail far away and look for where Kane's Golden Mind ended up. Fighting together, but not alongside.

Yes, I know Sybil mentioned a Nothing, but that could be a reference to the destruction of the spiral, or possibly the hollow nature of the clockworks.
End unsubstantiated speculation.
I would like to see a crossover type dungeon, but I don't wish to see such a melding of the pirate with the wizard world.
Wizard101 has already a crossover dungeon with Pirate101 with the Five B.O.X.E.S. event.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
A while back, I had an idea for a crossover, where pirates sneak into Wizard City during the night. I leave it to Mew why we need to go there. Since the Wizard students (players) are never around Wizard City in the dark, there are no issues with game play conflict between the games. It would have the same geography, but a night sky, and fights would be pirate battle boards. The NPCs we meet could be teachers in different places, perhaps patrolling to make sure no students are out of bed, or shopping in Old Town or the shopping district, or we might run into the nighttime cleaning crew. Maybe we would run into some NPC wizards who are breaking curfew. We could disguise ourselves as Pigwick exchange students!

It could be interesting to have a NPC wizard wander into Pirate101 and show up as an ally in a few fights. The wizard could use single hit spells and maybe some heals, stuff that would fit with the battle board structure with minimal programming changes.