Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Update Breakdown

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 25, 2014
Ok so i saw the update, I know it came in a while ago but i have been thinking... Did the update come out with a new world? I am just a little confused on what happend. Like ok Old scratch got a new outfit and make you fight himself, but a harder version. Yea ok got that but after that, does he take you to the World of Dreams? No spoilers please I jsut what to know if there is a new world and a short update breakdown(you don't have to go into detail, just big changes) Thanks!

Tireless Cole, 45 Buckaroo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
food1017 on Nov 8, 2018 wrote:
Ok so i saw the update, I know it came in a while ago but i have been thinking... Did the update come out with a new world? I am just a little confused on what happend. Like ok Old scratch got a new outfit and make you fight himself, but a harder version. Yea ok got that but after that, does he take you to the World of Dreams? No spoilers please I jsut what to know if there is a new world and a short update breakdown(you don't have to go into detail, just big changes) Thanks!

Tireless Cole, 45 Buckaroo
No new world, no story-line update, this update was to introduce Skeleton Key Bosses only.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
The "World of Dreams" is a pocket dimension with various branches that can be accessed through the use of obsidian skeleton keys. The only new stuff that was added was a new promotion for Old Scratch, but there is no new quest content aside from that.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Nov 8, 2018 wrote:
The "World of Dreams" is a pocket dimension with various branches that can be accessed through the use of obsidian skeleton keys. The only new stuff that was added was a new promotion for Old Scratch, but there is no new quest content aside from that.
For clarification, I am aware that member benefits, quest finder, etc were also included, but I mean that the only new quest content that was added was the Old Scratch promo.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It feels like Pirate is trying to build side activities into the game, working on the bones and skeleton of the game , before they give us a world update. Maybe they want all that side stuff in place, so they can add stuff like new skeleton bosses at the same time they build a new world. Maybe it makes for less after the fact, editing and pasting, and avoids bug troubles that way? Just think about, if they add fishing, how many fish they have to design for all the worlds they already have. Maybe they are getting all these side things retro added to current worlds, and when that work is done, new worlds will roll out with new pet drops, key bosses, new housing, new max level pvp weapons, and perhaps even fishing, gardening and crafting recipes in place with the new worlds. If they are thinking forward it would make sense. If you were starting as a new player right now, how much richer is the game than it was when it first went live. If you drifted away, and returned when you heard there was finally a new world, it would keep you busy a while catching up on all the side content you might not have realized was there. Maybe there would be something like Monstrology added pirate style, bounty hunting perhaps. Maybe leveling up in crafting and other sides would keep people busy enough to let KI program some new story content for us.