Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why does Duck Holliday "koff" so much?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 08, 2016
Hello all, you may know me from the Wizard101 Thread (Andrew DuneSword), and I have came here to ask why Duck Holliday coughs so much. I mean, it would make sense for him to "koff", seeing that some Ducks cough, but I still do not know why he coughs, it's just a mystery to me. Does it have something to do with the other 6 Members of the Magnificent 7? Does it have something to do with Wyatt? I don't know. I would really love an answer to this Question, for I have been confused why he coughs so much. Thanks!

Fair Gorman Calles
Lvl 65

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
it says why in his Rogue Gallery. he has some sort of sickness or something.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Duck Holliday is based off of a real life person in the American Old West called "Doc" Holliday, who suffered from tuberculosis, which is a lung disease. Several movies have been made about the story of Tombstone and the O.K. Corral, and every actor who has played Doc Holliday has used the cough as an aspect of the character.

That is why Duck coughs so much.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Willowydream on Oct 1, 2018 wrote:
Duck Holliday is based off of a real life person in the American Old West called "Doc" Holliday, who suffered from tuberculosis, which is a lung disease. Several movies have been made about the story of Tombstone and the O.K. Corral, and every actor who has played Doc Holliday has used the cough as an aspect of the character.

It's one of those many details I like about this game.

Ensign
Jul 08, 2016
Willowydream on Oct 1, 2018 wrote:

Thank ye @Willowydream, I have been wondering about that for a while.

Many Thanks from:

Fair Gorman Calles, 68

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
He's based off John Henry "Doc" Holliday (Duck Holliday in-game) irl Holliday had tuberculosis, seeing how Duck is based off Doc, it's only fitting for him to be koffing a lot, fits the character.