Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question for Ratbeard, re: Shield Wall doubloon

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I was in the a team up for the Tower when during a fight, I used a shield wall doubloon and the Privy on the team commented that I shouldn't use it when someone has Valor's Fort on because it removes the Valor's Fort's absorb.
Personally, I think it's a mistake, that she is experiencing a visual glitch with the depiction of the bubble shown during a VF.
Can you confirm or deny that Shield Wall removes Valor's Fort? If you can deny this, I've added a new doubloons myth to my list!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oops, I actually mean Valor's Armor as the power that supposedly gets removed by Shield Wall!

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
anecorbie on Sep 6, 2018 wrote:
I was in the a team up for the Tower when during a fight, I used a shield wall doubloon and the Privy on the team commented that I shouldn't use it when someone has Valor's Fort on because it removes the Valor's Fort's absorb.
Personally, I think it's a mistake, that she is experiencing a visual glitch with the depiction of the bubble shown during a VF.
Can you confirm or deny that Shield Wall removes Valor's Fort? If you can deny this, I've added a new doubloons myth to my list!
i can't really confirm that it removes it, but i was soloing deacon on my privateer and had an absorb on (525) and used the shield wall doubloon, and it still said i had around 300 left on my absorb, so.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Sep 9, 2018 wrote:
i can't really confirm that it removes it, but i was soloing deacon on my privateer and had an absorb on (525) and used the shield wall doubloon, and it still said i had around 300 left on my absorb, so.
So VA had absorbed the damage, yet was still functioning after the Shield Wall, did you observe that the graphic of the bubble had disappeared?
And thank you for replying!

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
anecorbie on Sep 10, 2018 wrote:
So VA had absorbed the damage, yet was still functioning after the Shield Wall, did you observe that the graphic of the bubble had disappeared?
And thank you for replying!
The bubble disappeared, but it was still absorbing as well.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
The graphic of the bubble disappearing is just like the graphic of being hidden disappears when Moo Manchu uses Frozen Tide or Heat Wave