Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is kobe yojimbo any good?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 20, 2016
Im a buccaneer and im jus towndering if i should invest in kobe yojimbo, like will he be good mid to late game? or is he only usefull level 1-10?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
He is good. Starter companions get many great abilities over the game. He gets another epic attack, and can be trained in epic powers that give him auto attacks. If you boost his agility (you might find clothing that lets you do that, or get a crewman that can) his attacks will hit much harder. As a swashbuckler, he might be better able to attack some enemies that can resist a buccaneer. Each class has their strengths and weaknesses. If you learn to use them all well, not just crew that are your own class, you will be a stronger pirate for it. I suggest you might want to check some of the guides about good ways to train him, to make the most of his potential.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
tfdftugdthegreat on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
Im a buccaneer and im jus towndering if i should invest in kobe yojimbo, like will he be good mid to late game? or is he only usefull level 1-10?
EVERY companion should be "invested in" even if you only intend them to do tasks like Pet Wranglin' or Sailin' -- if you never level them up, they won't be any good to you at all. Leveling them up allows them to bring you more gold, higher level gear, or more Nautical experience.

If you don't use companions for tasks, you are only handicapping your pirate in the long run.

Check out this guide to Companion Tasking:

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61994-quot-Hey!-You-re-Not-Doing-Anything-Useful-Right-Now-quot-A-Guide-to-Companion-Tasks

Arr!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
tfdftugdthegreat on Sep 4, 2018 wrote:
He is good all the way through the game! My buccaneer has him on the first page of the companion roster, and never regrets seeing him show for a fight! His promotions are good stories as well, so level and promote him, just remember he's a swashbuckler and is kinda squishy - give him plenty of dodge and agility ( for his damage ).

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 5, 2018 wrote:
He is good all the way through the game! My buccaneer has him on the first page of the companion roster, and never regrets seeing him show for a fight! His promotions are good stories as well, so level and promote him, just remember he's a swashbuckler and is kinda squishy - give him plenty of dodge and agility ( for his damage ).
Riposte tends to be a great talent for those dodgy swashbucklers, and on their third rank of it, they get an extra bonus to their dodge stat every time they dodge, which is really nice when they attack someone with vengeance strike.

Ensign
Jun 25, 2014
I am level 43, buckaroo and to this day i still use Kobe. He is great if you train him up with riposte because he has a good dodge chance. Also relentless is pretty good because he does a ton of damage.

Your Flunked Ship BattlerTireless Cole,43 Buckaroo