Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old Player - Did KI make Skull Island longer?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 26, 2017
Hey all,

I started playing Pirate way back when in 2013. After finishing the game up to Aquila in 2014-15, I decided to quit and go play Wizard. I fell in love with Wizard and played for 2-3 years. This week, I made a new account for Pirate (I lost the Username for my old account) and I started playing again. And is it just me, or did KI make Skull Island longer. Any long/old time players can verify this for me, but I don't remember places like Corsairs Cove, or getting into the Ancient Tunnels so early into the game. For example, if you look at old Youtube videos of Pirate101 walkthroughs of Skull Island, (I assume linking videos is against forum policy, so I won't do so), but an example is KvExperiences Pirate101 Walkthrough of Skull Island Episode 5 "Helping the Dead Rats". I remember that quest and those battles, but now, as I'm currently doing Skull Island right now, I have not encountered this quest. Any old time players please confirm this for me. I've asked around in-game and people must think I'm crazy by now.

Thanks,
Ptrfamily123

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ptrfamily123 on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
Hey all,

I started playing Pirate way back when in 2013. After finishing the game up to Aquila in 2014-15, I decided to quit and go play Wizard. I fell in love with Wizard and played for 2-3 years. This week, I made a new account for Pirate (I lost the Username for my old account) and I started playing again. And is it just me, or did KI make Skull Island longer. Any long/old time players can verify this for me, but I don't remember places like Corsairs Cove, or getting into the Ancient Tunnels so early into the game. For example, if you look at old Youtube videos of Pirate101 walkthroughs of Skull Island, (I assume linking videos is against forum policy, so I won't do so), but an example is KvExperiences Pirate101 Walkthrough of Skull Island Episode 5 "Helping the Dead Rats". I remember that quest and those battles, but now, as I'm currently doing Skull Island right now, I have not encountered this quest. Any old time players please confirm this for me. I've asked around in-game and people must think I'm crazy by now.

Thanks,
Ptrfamily123
KI did expand the quests from Lasko & "the dead rats" in Traitor's Cave; and the larger amount of EXP has been a boon to many new players.
I used to get to the Presideo around level 8, now on average I go there at level 10.
Maybe you should contact support to get or change the old user name to your first account; if you have the same email listed on both accounts, I'm sure Support will be glad to help you.
And welcome back to Pirate101

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Yes, I can confirm that in the 2014 update, the rats quests were made much longer. Also, welcome to the message boards!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
In a word, yes. You HAVE been gone a long time...

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yes, they did make some changes, and it was rather a long time ago. The quests you got in Blood Shoals were expanded and they made a few new areas for some. It was around the time that they changed what areas were included in the free to play zone. I bet you can find exactly what and when if you check the old update notes, maybe in 2014.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
KI did expand the quests from Lasko & "the dead rats" in Traitor's Cave; and the larger amount of EXP has been a boon to many new players.
I used to get to the Presideo around level 8, now on average I go there at level 10.
Maybe you should contact support to get or change the old user name to your first account; if you have the same email listed on both accounts, I'm sure Support will be glad to help you.
And welcome back to Pirate101
Yeah. I did recall that the changed quests did replace the former rats' quests that weren't packed with exposition, adventure, and danger many people thought. I have done them all before.

One-Eyed Jack had a post about them years ago, in case some don't remember.

The Red Claw Gang used to be crabs that were merely bland, copy-and-paste enemies in "The Claws of Justice", but they have given great makeovers & their own role that made them significant in Skull Island.

Well, there were certain quests that have been redone into side quests, due to them being former main quests that didn't have what I mentioned before.

Moe used to have the quest to find a lost locket for his love, but now, it's Danny that has that quest, that became a side quest of its own. The quest with Manny and Uncle Scuttles became Scuttles' own side quest, with no involvement with that ghost rat.

Those changed quests have been well received.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2017
Did you also know that Lasko betrays you after Ratbeard joins you?

You have to fight him in "The Summer Rental" in Flotsam, along with his minions.

Moe, Manny, and Jack are gone for good, though.

Ensign
Oct 26, 2018
Withdoctor Nellis on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:

You have to fight him in "The Summer Rental" in Flotsam, along with his minions.

He doesn't actually betray you, though. He wanted you to stop Ratbeard, but you let him join you. He got angry, and... you know the rest.

Oh, that line of "How dare you!" was just so good

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Withdoctor Nellis on Oct 17, 2018 wrote:

Their spirits no longer haunt the cave, but their bodies remain " a feast for crabs", when will they receive a decent burial?

Ensign
Nov 09, 2017
Wiwade on Nov 17, 2018 wrote:
He doesn't actually betray you, though. He wanted you to stop Ratbeard, but you let him join you. He got angry, and... you know the rest.

Oh, that line of "How dare you!" was just so good
So true

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Ptrfamily123 on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks,
Ptrfamily123
Check with support by e-mail at support@pirate101.com and, if you supply the e-mail you were using with your old account, they may be able to give you the needed information for you to be able to log back in.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 19, 2018 wrote:
Their spirits no longer haunt the cave, but their bodies remain " a feast for crabs", when will they receive a decent burial?
Hopefully, someday, when we can.