Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Yum!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Hey pirates! Yum- the greatest fruit ever known to the Spiral! Trees in Mooshu are held sacred, and stealing can be punishable by death.
Of course, the famous Captain Gunn brought it back to Skull Island for all to enjoy. We can enjoy it in forms of Yum Bread, Yum Cake, Yum Pudding, and just regular old YUM!
But, what does Yum taste like? Where did the blue variety come from? Does it taste different?
When you promote Milo Graytail, his friend mentions using Molasses in the Yum Juicer. This has given me a new look on what it might taste like.
Perhaps it tastes like whatever food is closest to your heart? Say, in the Percy Jackson Series, Ambrosia tastes like your favorite food. Ambrosia has similar properties as Yum, such as granting new strength.

Your thoughts?

-TSQ

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I guess I've always thought that Yum tasted like home-made Kool-aid, since I never really cared for fruit juices. Kool-aid makes me think back to childhood.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Stalwart Queen on Jun 23, 2018 wrote:
Hey pirates! Yum- the greatest fruit ever known to the Spiral! Trees in Mooshu are held sacred, and stealing can be punishable by death.
Of course, the famous Captain Gunn brought it back to Skull Island for all to enjoy. We can enjoy it in forms of Yum Bread, Yum Cake, Yum Pudding, and just regular old YUM!
But, what does Yum taste like? Where did the blue variety come from? Does it taste different?
When you promote Milo Graytail, his friend mentions using Molasses in the Yum Juicer. This has given me a new look on what it might taste like.
Perhaps it tastes like whatever food is closest to your heart? Say, in the Percy Jackson Series, Ambrosia tastes like your favorite food. Ambrosia has similar properties as Yum, such as granting new strength.

Your thoughts?

-TSQ
I think the only reason Tom Tinkney ( Milo's friend ) mentions molasses, is because that ingredient is heavily used in the production of rum. You can see then pun. "Sixteen men of the dead man's chest / Yo HO Ho and a bottle of rum ( yum )!" * Tosses Captain Gunn a penny *
As to what I THINK yum tastes like? Well, one of it's properties is to make your breath "minty fresh" so it may have a mint flavor or after taste.