Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I Saw A Pirate Asking People To Report Them

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
For the first time ever yesterday 04/16/2018 I saw a pirate in Avery's Court that was asking people to report them, as crazy as that sounds. I think they thought it would be funny if people actually falsely reported them. I hate the fact that someone may have been wanting other people to get people in trouble for false reporting.

I first messaged Kingsisle Support about this matter, and they confirmed that asking other pirates to report you is not a reportable offense, but did thank me for the information I gave them. I understand Kingsisle Support probably has a lot of reports to deal with but if more people start asking people to use the report system falsely on them Kingsisle Support is only going to have more reports to deal with. I don't want Kingsisle Support forgetting real reports because they have a lot of False Reports in the incident log. While it seems crazy that anyone would actually want to be reported, this apparently is a problem. I hope more pirates don't take up asking people to falsely report them.

Kingsisle Support has been very nice with me and I don't want to keep asking them questions on this matter. I want them dealing with the real troublemakers and game glitches. I decided this would be a good question to put to the community. How would you deal with a pirate asking people to use the report system falsely on them?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I would just ignore them and go on about my business. There is a LOT of conversation in Avery's Court that I shake my head about -- the kid who bragged about having six muted max pirates, or the pirates declaring their love for each other -- for example, but if they aren't doing something that's Reportable, I just move along.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 18, 2018 wrote:
For the first time ever yesterday 04/16/2018 I saw a pirate in Avery's Court that was asking people to report them, as crazy as that sounds. I think they thought it would be funny if people actually falsely reported them. I hate the fact that someone may have been wanting other people to get people in trouble for false reporting.

I first messaged Kingsisle Support about this matter, and they confirmed that asking other pirates to report you is not a reportable offense, but did thank me for the information I gave them. I understand Kingsisle Support probably has a lot of reports to deal with but if more people start asking people to use the report system falsely on them Kingsisle Support is only going to have more reports to deal with. I don't want Kingsisle Support forgetting real reports because they have a lot of False Reports in the incident log. While it seems crazy that anyone would actually want to be reported, this apparently is a problem. I hope more pirates don't take up asking people to falsely report them.

Kingsisle Support has been very nice with me and I don't want to keep asking them questions on this matter. I want them dealing with the real troublemakers and game glitches. I decided this would be a good question to put to the community. How would you deal with a pirate asking people to use the report system falsely on them?
Ignore them, that's the best response to this kind of bilge rat. KI moderators will keep an eye on such reports. I don't believe the serious reports will be in any "lost".

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It sounds like a very devious troll to me, trying to get people in trouble without violating terms and being punished him or her self. I guess if you want, you can do a public service message, telling those present that false reports are against KI rules and will get you in trouble.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Calamity Finch on Apr 19, 2018 wrote:
It sounds like a very devious troll to me, trying to get people in trouble without violating terms and being punished him or her self. I guess if you want, you can do a public service message, telling those present that false reports are against KI rules and will get you in trouble.
Well great news! I saw this person again yesterday and they were complaining about getting a temporary (likely 3 day or 7 day) ban on the account they asked for reports on. I give this forums post the credit for that! Thanks Kingsisle for dealing with this, hopefully nobody that reported them when they encouraged it got in trouble.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Apr 20, 2018 wrote:
Well great news! I saw this person again yesterday and they were complaining about getting a temporary (likely 3 day or 7 day) ban on the account they asked for reports on. I give this forums post the credit for that! Thanks Kingsisle for dealing with this, hopefully nobody that reported them when they encouraged it got in trouble.
I hope he has learned a lesson, thanks to you, Dino, for alerting KingsIsle!