Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Royal Guards

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
I am in Valencia 2 as of now, and i am in the royal guards dungeon. Can someone give me advice? Obviously, I can’t go walk in shadows *cough cough first strike 3* I can’t melee them, their riposte and relentless will crush, and I don’t have much friends that are high level enough to help me. If some by any chance are online, they’re probably still in aquila or something.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SuperPirate893 on Feb 6, 2018 wrote:
I am in Valencia 2 as of now, and i am in the royal guards dungeon. Can someone give me advice? Obviously, I can’t go walk in shadows *cough cough first strike 3* I can’t melee them, their riposte and relentless will crush, and I don’t have much friends that are high level enough to help me. If some by any chance are online, they’re probably still in aquila or something.
You don't need to use Black Fog/ Walk in Shadows as an offensive power - use it defensively to give you time to buff and shield without being attacked.
Use those companions that have Hold the Line; I recommend Gracie Conrad ( & her summoned Golem ) and Ratbeard for this.
Use doubloons: push back, summons anything that gives you an edge.
Also, try using the team-up ledger.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Many of us learned a new trick or two in Florenza. Don't charge the enemies, let them come to you and activate your epics. Don't group your team so that Blade Storm will take out more than one at a time.

Doubloon summons and Armor may help you out, also. A friend even better.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Not quite sure what class you are, but to be honest I had it the easiest on my Witchdoctor with a Swashbuckler friend.
Main deal here is that they each have an assassins strike pretty sure, so, if you don't prepare correctly they can easily take anyone down to half health, or in the case of a Low armored companion, one hit.
Suppose defense is key here, on my Swashbuckler all I did was hide n' poison, took some farming of moo for the hides and poisons but it worked, took so long but hey whatever works.
Defensive playing is probably what you want here, the daze doubloons if you have them work great here, to eliminate any use of epics, and the doubloons that let you summon will be good as well, I figured this out on my witchdoctor, the real trick to succeeding in Val 2 is making them waste special powers, i.e. assassin strikes or vicious charges. Stygian Chorus is good here (65 witchdoctor spell I think, I believe it also comes as a drop from Hydra, but I wouldn't farm out for it)
Guess with a buccaneer shield spam? Not quite sure since my bucc is only 55, will see how that goes later.
Guessing being able to either temporarily eliminate epics on them or being able to shield through most of the damage is what can work here.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
keep a distance. they are weak to range. if range is not an option have subodai, or milo if you have him, tank them then attempt to stun with Vengeance Strike 3. also, Doubloons are your friends. use anything and everything you have if they will help. especially Sluggish. drops dodge and negates epics. if things are getting rough hide in self defense and use retreat coins to heal up. now idk if this is true or not, but i dont think First Strike 3 triggers if you go for poison. also use Contessa. by being next to her while hidden you can go for Gallant Defense then when you attempt to Sneak Attack them their First Strike 3 will target Contessa instead of you keeping you hidden.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Feb 7, 2018 wrote:
keep a distance. they are weak to range. if range is not an option have subodai, or milo if you have him, tank them then attempt to stun with Vengeance Strike 3. also, Doubloons are your friends. use anything and everything you have if they will help. especially Sluggish. drops dodge and negates epics. if things are getting rough hide in self defense and use retreat coins to heal up. now idk if this is true or not, but i dont think First Strike 3 triggers if you go for poison. also use Contessa. by being next to her while hidden you can go for Gallant Defense then when you attempt to Sneak Attack them their First Strike 3 will target Contessa instead of you keeping you hidden.
You're correct, FS3 doesn't react to Poisons, only melee or ranges hits. Good point on the use of Contessa!

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Since you and they are both high in agility, giving yourself some extra will, or strength can be a good thing too, gives you an extra edge on them.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
I was doing the dungeon with the royal guards with my friends and I asked "are Italian guards as tough as these royal guards" and I think they responded with no. Well good thing most of us don't live all the way in Italy & fighting the royal guards