Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

too much gold

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
i'm curious to know, what do you players do if you are carrying around 100K+ gold all the time? how do you get rid of it all?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
the minutemen on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
i'm curious to know, what do you players do if you are carrying around 100K+ gold all the time? how do you get rid of it all?
You spend it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
1. Buy Housing, you can have up to 3 houses ( not including the bunkhouse ).
2. Piles of Treasure eat up the gold nicely; try the bazaar or various housing vendors in Flotsam, Marleybone or Aquila. Store them in your house.
3. Buy Ships and equip them; store them in your housing Ship Yards.
4. Morph for that perfect pet or help others get that perfect pet.
The best thing about # 2 & 3 is that if you're pressed for gold later in the game, you can sell them.

Petty Officer
Jul 21, 2013
Buy a bunch of useless stuff that is also very expensive and then trash it all.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sometimes I just leave my pirate at max gold and sink ships for Scrip.

Most of the time I go to Florenza and buy Stone Bridge (100,000) and Unicorn Statue (65,000). I've also been known to go to the Pet Snack Vendor and buy 300 Banana Sandwiches.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
1. Buy Housing, you can have up to 3 houses ( not including the bunkhouse ).
2. Piles of Treasure eat up the gold nicely; try the bazaar or various housing vendors in Flotsam, Marleybone or Aquila. Store them in your house.
3. Buy Ships and equip them; store them in your housing Ship Yards.
4. Morph for that perfect pet or help others get that perfect pet.
The best thing about # 2 & 3 is that if you're pressed for gold later in the game, you can sell them.
1: i already got 3 houses.
2: i'm buying all the treasure piles i can in bazaar and passing them to another char for (much) later. plus i am buying all the large snacks and Racket pet cards i can get.
3: i already got i think 32 ships in my inventory. all adequately armed and equipped. plus lots of spare equipment. (had to get rid of some cause they were taking up space)
4: i got way way too many pets to even think about morphing right now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Feb 3, 2018 wrote:
1: i already got 3 houses.
2: i'm buying all the treasure piles i can in bazaar and passing them to another char for (much) later. plus i am buying all the large snacks and Racket pet cards i can get.
3: i already got i think 32 ships in my inventory. all adequately armed and equipped. plus lots of spare equipment. (had to get rid of some cause they were taking up space)
4: i got way way too many pets to even think about morphing right now.
Did you completely decorate all the houses?
I'm at the same point as you, nothing to spend gold for. When we get side content, we'll have more stuff to spend gold for!

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 3, 2018 wrote:
Did you completely decorate all the houses?
I'm at the same point as you, nothing to spend gold for. When we get side content, we'll have more stuff to spend gold for!
you mean IF we get new side content. once i get scrip imma buy the scrip cabin and deck it out. but i still a good 13K away.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Feb 4, 2018 wrote:
you mean IF we get new side content. once i get scrip imma buy the scrip cabin and deck it out. but i still a good 13K away.
No, I mean when; please don't correct my comments unless they're incorrect. I believe that we'll be seeing signs of an up date soon, maybe by late March.
Congrats on the scrip haul!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
Sometimes I just leave my pirate at max gold and sink ships for Scrip.

Most of the time I go to Florenza and buy Stone Bridge (100,000) and Unicorn Statue (65,000). I've also been known to go to the Pet Snack Vendor and buy 300 Banana Sandwiches.

Banana sandwiches for the win!
Also my suggestion is learn the rug glitch and buy piles of treasures and link them together it makes for a great looking treasure room.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 4, 2018 wrote:
No, I mean when; please don't correct my comments unless they're incorrect. I believe that we'll be seeing signs of an up date soon, maybe by late March.
Congrats on the scrip haul!
we thought we'd get an update in December with Polaris and look where that went. ki gave no hint in either ki live or in the newsletter. so i don't foresee an update for at least 6 months. but i wont lead us off course of the main subject here.

Ensign
Jan 10, 2012
I usually spend my gold on Companion Training tomes so I can level up the lower ranks, other than that it helps to update your ship or buy a new one.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Simple mate, we demand MORE from KI Haha Har!!!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
- Deadeye Edward Morgan
- Deadeye Tatiana Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the minutemen on Feb 5, 2018 wrote:
we thought we'd get an update in December with Polaris and look where that went. ki gave no hint in either ki live or in the newsletter. so i don't foresee an update for at least 6 months. but i wont lead us off course of the main subject here.
KI never does a story line/content update in winter - mainly, the rule is: "Spring or Fall or not at all".
I would like it if KI changed the Well in the Smuggler's Cove house to just give scrip if the pirate using it is at max gold.
Right now, if you're at max gold and the random roll is for gold, you won't receive anything.