Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

ship boosting

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
prior to the ship pvp update whenever you hit the boost and go past enemy ships and they shoot you your boost stayed on and would take you past them. but now when you boost past enemies ships and they attack, even when they miss, the boost automatically turns off assuming you want to engage. why does it keep doing this? and is there a way to fix it?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I also noticed that when a new enemy attacked, my original boost failed and I needed to pay attention when running through a "cloud" of enemy ships. I think that this may be the way Boost was intended to work in the first place, and it gives a little more realism to the idea that you are sailing your ship through dangerous skyways.

We already knew that using our ship's extra speed could throw us off-course if we weren't paying attention to the windlanes, and now we know that we need to pay attention when escaping a battle. The game cannot be completely effortless, after all, or how does it hold our interest after the first play-through. I know that many players, including myself, multi-task between the game and other things, but the goal of the game-designers is to keep our heads in the game.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I'm pretty sure that change was put into affect when Ship PvP was introduced. It is now universal to PvP and PvE ship encounters. Below is what was added during the update:

"Your Boost will disable when you are engaged in Ship PvP, but you are free to use boost at any other time (for example, using boost to quickly traverse the zone)."

Not sure if was intended to apply to PvE enemy ships, but that seems to be the culprit.