Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

i would like help for a max buccaneer in ranked

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
so what I want is a guide for ranked I need help with....

gear

pets

strategies

companions

thanks in advance

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
For starters you need Moo Manchu's gear from the tower since the gear there gives Critical Strikes, Leviathan's Call and charges since Buccaneer excels at playing aggressive and tanking. Kane's gear is optional too for Titan's Chorus. Valor's Fortress is a must.

You need a Scent 2 pet at least to help against Swashbuckler's Black Fog since they're relatively common, preferably a loyal pet too so it has a higher chance of showing up. Webs is useful too but situational. Maybe a heal or two for better sustainability. Grants Vengeance Strike/Bladestorm is good too. Grants Relentless is a must. Time Warp is amazing as well, but hard to get.

Generally Buccaneers use Highland Charge or shield themselves or their strongest companion and rush down to the captain or their most threatening companion since it can be really hard to counter a Buccaneer that plays aggressive enough if you're unprepared. I've seen Musketeers and Witchdoctor captains die in less than 4 turns because of this. But sometimes it's not good to rush to the opponent if they debuff you or if they know what they're doing. It also depends on the class you're fighting against too.

Pete is an absolute must, Goro is a good option if you have him, El Toro is good too for his damage, dodge and his buff. Contessa is good as well with First Strike 3 since you can counter Swashbucklers with it since it eats up their hides and Gallant Defense is good too. Barnabus, Ratbeard and Temujin are good options too but I would stick with the first 3 companions I listed if possible.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
thanks but any specific advice gear wise i have decent amount of good gear

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
valdus15797 on Jan 23, 2018 wrote:
thanks but any specific advice gear wise i have decent amount of good gear
Hat: "Corrupted Samoorai's Hotokedo" or "Ronin's Kabuto" or "Oishi's Great Helm"
Robe: "Corrupted Samoorai's Yoroi" or "Spolas of Eagilles" or "The Arms of the Valiant"
Boots: "Corrupted Samoorai's Geta" or "Gladiator Gaiters" for the dodge and hide
Totem: "Koi of Koh Koh" or "Token of Moo Manchu"
Charm: "Right Hand Chain" or "Soldato Amulet or Victoria Cross"
Ring: "Ring of the 47" or "Seal of the Shogunate"
Eyepatch: "Schemer's Eyepatch"
Weapon: "Dragon-Axe of Doom" if you want Turn the Tide or "Staff of Power" for it's power, stats and a power that gives Relentless to your team for 3 turns or "Kraven Blade" for Bladestorm or "Dragonspyre Greataxe" for Vengeance Strike

There's more but that's on the top of my head and those are the most popular picks.