Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Party Room Treasure Chests

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I wanted to post some feedback on the treasure chests in the party room.

Cooldown: During the day the cooldown is somewhat logical as it prevents a pirate from spamming the treasure chests. That said, late at night the Cooldown shouldn't be there because The Party Room isn't going to have more than 2 pirates in it at the most. I am proposing for Ki to eliminate the Cooldown for the Party Room treasure chests but only between the hours of 12 AM Midnight Central Time and 7 AM Central Time. The Cooldown will remain in place at all other times during the day.

Drops: I find the Party Room treasure chests not to have good enough drops for max level pirates other than doubloons. I wish Ki would add more max level gear to these chests. I also wish Ki would add a list of pets that could drop from these chests at all times of year. Here is the list of pets I am proposing Ki to add as drops from these chests:

1. Armadillo Verde
2. Coral Widow
3. Cutie Chameleon
4. Dinolizard
5. Ebon Spectre
6. Frog
7. Golden Stingtail
8. Hedgehog
9. Ice Scarab
10. Not So Great White Shark
11. Orchid Chameleon
12. Quackosaurus
13. Scarab
14. Silver Buffaloon
15. Tawny Sky Turtle
16. Tropical Sky Snake

There's a list of 16 pets I would like to see drop from the Party Room treasure chests.

Any thoughts of these 2 ideas?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I like the idea of shortening the time before the chest can be used again, but I disagree on dropping your list of pets. There are plenty of them available from the simple task of Pet Wrangling.

Now, if there were a unique pet that could be obtained, that would be huge.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
I wanted to post some feedback on the treasure chests in the party room.

Cooldown: During the day the cooldown is somewhat logical as it prevents a pirate from spamming the treasure chests. That said, late at night the Cooldown shouldn't be there because The Party Room isn't going to have more than 2 pirates in it at the most. I am proposing for Ki to eliminate the Cooldown for the Party Room treasure chests but only between the hours of 12 AM Midnight Central Time and 7 AM Central Time. The Cooldown will remain in place at all other times during the day.

Drops: I find the Party Room treasure chests not to have good enough drops for max level pirates other than doubloons. I wish Ki would add more max level gear to these chests. I also wish Ki would add a list of pets that could drop from these chests at all times of year. Here is the list of pets I am proposing Ki to add as drops from these chests:

1. Armadillo Verde
2. Coral Widow
3. Cutie Chameleon
4. Dinolizard
5. Ebon Spectre
6. Frog
7. Golden Stingtail
8. Hedgehog
9. Ice Scarab
10. Not So Great White Shark
11. Orchid Chameleon
12. Quackosaurus
13. Scarab
14. Silver Buffaloon
15. Tawny Sky Turtle
16. Tropical Sky Snake

There's a list of 16 pets I would like to see drop from the Party Room treasure chests.

Any thoughts of these 2 ideas?
Those are both great ideas, Die No.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I am happy with the gold or scrip from the treasure chests and from the Group Plunder Chests, adding more stuff to those will just drown out the gear and doubloons. Remember these chests benefit all pirates not just max levels. There is already plenty of ways to get pets, we don't need another one.
And when it's 2 am here its likely 2 pm on the other side of the globe, there are players of P101 all over the world, you see; so adding the shorter cool-down is unnecessary.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Dec 16, 2017 wrote:
I am happy with the gold or scrip from the treasure chests and from the Group Plunder Chests, adding more stuff to those will just drown out the gear and doubloons. Remember these chests benefit all pirates not just max levels. There is already plenty of ways to get pets, we don't need another one.
And when it's 2 am here its likely 2 pm on the other side of the globe, there are players of P101 all over the world, you see; so adding the shorter cool-down is unnecessary.
You forgot the fact Pirate 101 isn't available to play in every country, only certain ones. The majority of players would be in the Canada and the USA. I guess I need to clarify that wanting more max level gear in these chests doesn't mean get rid of the low level gear. This chests should take into account the level of the 2 or 4 pirates that opened them and give gear drops based on the lowest level of pirate who opened the chest. And let me remind you, not every pirate has crowns or membership like you. There are some people who play that can only afford the free to play zones. These pirates could friend someone with a party room and get the pets that way. Remember pets are very useful in combat as they distract enemies from attacking your companions and pirate. Pet Wranglin' can take a week before you actually get a pet, and free to play pirates may be below level 8 and not have access to it.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Maybe a little shorter cool down all the time would be ok. How long is the cool down now? If a pet dropped in the party room, I think it ought to be a Party Animal! What would a Party Animal look like? Whatever it is, I picture wild and messy hair standing out all over. Ideas?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 17, 2017 wrote:
You forgot the fact Pirate 101 isn't available to play in every country, only certain ones. The majority of players would be in the Canada and the USA. I guess I need to clarify that wanting more max level gear in these chests doesn't mean get rid of the low level gear. This chests should take into account the level of the 2 or 4 pirates that opened them and give gear drops based on the lowest level of pirate who opened the chest. And let me remind you, not every pirate has crowns or membership like you. There are some people who play that can only afford the free to play zones. These pirates could friend someone with a party room and get the pets that way. Remember pets are very useful in combat as they distract enemies from attacking your companions and pirate. Pet Wranglin' can take a week before you actually get a pet, and free to play pirates may be below level 8 and not have access to it.
There are several Australian players that I know of and at least one from Bosnia. Not to mention U.S. service men & women over seas who play.
And you should remember that pets are dropped by bosses throughout Skull Island ( even in the free to play zones ). You can easily level up to level 8 even in the FtP areas of Skull Island by farming Pyramid of Fire ( and Ch'Ok A'Kob is the only boss who drops the dinolizard ). I have done this on my third account because I didn't have crowns at the time.
Plus, have you forgotten that the player receives a free pet ( actually a very good pet ) by the time they're level 5 and get the Bestia quest?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 17, 2017 wrote:
Maybe a little shorter cool down all the time would be ok. How long is the cool down now? If a pet dropped in the party room, I think it ought to be a Party Animal! What would a Party Animal look like? Whatever it is, I picture wild and messy hair standing out all over. Ideas?
Please suggest this to the Teacher's Pet thread, that's a great idea!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
For those who think that low leveled, free-to-play pirates have little to no chance of getting a pet; I have a list for you:
In the FtP zones of Skull Island there are several pets that are dropped by the bosses you fight. In these areas:
Skull Mountain ( Finn ), Skull Island ( Doyle's Shack ), Ancient Tunnels ( Black Jacques ). In the skyway, ( Dead Eye Deidre, ship-Deidre's Delight ).
Orchid Chameleon
Quackosaur
These two make a hybrid - the Emusaur.
Devilfish Hollow is a good place to farm for snacks.
Blood Shoals ( Xol Akmul, Pyramid of Fire, Ch'Ok A'Kab - Dinolizard. )
Doing the quest to introduce Bestia to a level 5 player, gives them a free pet, the Ostrich. This pet also has a hybrid that you can get by morphing with any other pet, the Blue Ostrich.
The Black Market and Brawlin' Hall have pets available for scrip, with the ones in the BH at a very affordable rate for new players.
During Yuletide, Christmas in July & Birth-O-Ween celebrations there are presents containing pets. KI also generously gives codes for pets, most recently the Winter Lionfish.
As I said before, doing all the side quests available in Skull Island's FtP zones or farming will boost a player's level and companion's level to 8, unlocking Pet Wranglin' to that player.
We don't need extra ways to get pets.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
How could I have forgotten the pets available from the vendors in Bestia, all three can be bought with gold!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I agree that the idea of a "party animal" pet (or pets) is a most excellent one.

-Indigo

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
For those who think that low leveled, free-to-play pirates have little to no chance of getting a pet; I have a list for you:
In the FtP zones of Skull Island there are several pets that are dropped by the bosses you fight. In these areas:
Skull Mountain ( Finn ), Skull Island ( Doyle's Shack ), Ancient Tunnels ( Black Jacques ). In the skyway, ( Dead Eye Deidre, ship-Deidre's Delight ).
Orchid Chameleon
Quackosaur
These two make a hybrid - the Emusaur.
Devilfish Hollow is a good place to farm for snacks.
Blood Shoals ( Xol Akmul, Pyramid of Fire, Ch'Ok A'Kab - Dinolizard. )
Doing the quest to introduce Bestia to a level 5 player, gives them a free pet, the Ostrich. This pet also has a hybrid that you can get by morphing with any other pet, the Blue Ostrich.
The Black Market and Brawlin' Hall have pets available for scrip, with the ones in the BH at a very affordable rate for new players.
During Yuletide, Christmas in July & Birth-O-Ween celebrations there are presents containing pets. KI also generously gives codes for pets, most recently the Winter Lionfish.
As I said before, doing all the side quests available in Skull Island's FtP zones or farming will boost a player's level and companion's level to 8, unlocking Pet Wranglin' to that player.
We don't need extra ways to get pets.
um.. WINTER LIONFISH? was that the ki code given on kilive that i missed? saw it recently and tom said it was a snow lionfish pet, never before released, (which obviously confused me), the code was also only available to be redeemed before end of 2017..

pirate101 wiki doesnt have an entry for it either..is it possible to get a hatch from you? or get 2 people with first gens to hatch together?

stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Jan 18, 2018 wrote:
um.. WINTER LIONFISH? was that the ki code given on kilive that i missed? saw it recently and tom said it was a snow lionfish pet, never before released, (which obviously confused me), the code was also only available to be redeemed before end of 2017..

pirate101 wiki doesnt have an entry for it either..is it possible to get a hatch from you? or get 2 people with first gens to hatch together?

stormy jen silver
I haven't been training it, so it's still just a hatchling. Honestly, I have so many pets, it's very hard to decide which gets training. And yes, it's a snow lionfish, sorry.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Someone was asking me if I had a Winter Lionfish last night. I think I was at the KI live people were talking about, but couldn't both be there and listen to the KI show at the same time. I don't have a "Winter Lionfish", and it sounds like you are saying "Winter Lionfish" doesn't exist under that name. Maybe the confusion comes from it being a Winter Pet, which is a Snow Lionfish? I can confirm that, during the Christmas season of 2017, I received a Snow Lionfish from a 4 lock group chest in the Party Room. The appearance is Lionfish, in shades of white, hatched from a Slimy Egg that was white with gold fins. It loves Monquistan main dishes. My canny witchdoctor has it; say hi if you see her on.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 18, 2018 wrote:
I haven't been training it, so it's still just a hatchling. Honestly, I have so many pets, it's very hard to decide which gets training. And yes, it's a snow lionfish, sorry.
omg i have attacked everyone on twitter and in game random or not trying to get it x,D i love you and its okie dokies just glad you were able to clear that up for me :3

stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
stormyjensilverdra... on Jan 19, 2018 wrote:
omg i have attacked everyone on twitter and in game random or not trying to get it x,D i love you and its okie dokies just glad you were able to clear that up for me :3

stormy jen silver
Does this mean you have the Snow Lionfish?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jan 22, 2018 wrote:
Does this mean you have the Snow Lionfish?
yes lol ty

stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Here's hoping they decorate it for Valentine's Day, and throw a lovely holiday pet in those chests again!