Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - Teacher's Pet

AuthorMessage
We've landed on another Friday, and that means it's time for a new topic of discussion. Shall we?

This last month of the year, we'll have a common theme, retrospect on Pirate in 2017. This week, we'll start with our trusted companions. This is a two part question:

#1 - what is your favorite pet from 2017?
#2 - what is the pet that we haven't made yet that you desperately want (either something from Wizard101 or something new entirely)?

Looking forward to your responses! Have a fiesty Friday and wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
My favorite pet from 2017 is the Manticore, although I was disappointed by not being able to make a black one with the Black Tiger...

As for a pet I've wanted but that hasn't been created -- it's the little turtles from the Ancient Ruins. We have Flying Turtles, but no crawling turtles.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Professor Falmea on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
We've landed on another Friday, and that means it's time for a new topic of discussion. Shall we?

This last month of the year, we'll have a common theme, retrospect on Pirate in 2017. This week, we'll start with our trusted companions. This is a two part question:

#2 - what is the pet that we haven't made yet that you desperately want (either something from Wizard101 or something new entirely)?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Hiya, Dalia!

#1: My favorite Pet in general is the White-Tailed Jackalope. From 2017... Eh, that's hard to say. Maybe one of the new Birthday Pets?

#2: Probably RRRRZZZZ419/Two-Faced Dino Clegg, Level 70 Privateer's idea of a Milky Way Baubleloon Pet, mentioned here in these Message Boards, with the Rocket Strike Power and the Furry Egg. Great idea!

Have fun,
See you piratin' somewhere in the Spiral!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I sent drawings of 4 of my pet ideas to Decius(including the idea for the Turkey).

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I think I really liked all the new Heckhounds imported from Wizard City and their new color schemes.

If I wanted any kinds of pets from W101, I want all the BEETLES and SNOWMEN. Thanks.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
I sent drawings of 4 of my pet ideas to Decius(including the idea for the Turkey).
Yep! I love them. I mentioned your Milky Way Baubleloon with the link to your thread as what I would like for a new Pet.

Ensign
Mar 04, 2015
Favorite pet of 2017: Heckhound
Dream pet: Heckhound + Ram A Lam = Wolf in Sheep's clothing

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I love cats, so any cat pet is a sure hit with me. For a pet from Wiz101 that I would like to see here, I adore the looks of the Beastman pet & I think it would do well for this game. I also like the Monkey Spiders, a pet version would be great!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Inky Inc on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards, Inky In! That's a very clever pun, I it!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Inky Inc on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards, Inky Inc! LOL, I also love the Heckhound... And the Fennec Fox, too!

Ensign
Mar 04, 2015
anecorbie on Dec 3, 2017 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards, Inky In! That's a very clever pun, I it!
Thanks! Hadn't thought much about it beyond the possible combo. A punny name would be fun. How about calling the Heckhound + Ram-A-Lam = Woolf (Black Woolf?/Black Sheep) Basically a cute fluffy cloud with teeth.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Yuletide in the Spiral has inspired me to request a Gingerbread Boy/Girl pet.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 4, 2017 wrote:
Yuletide in the Spiral has inspired me to request a Gingerbread Boy/Girl pet.

"Run, run, run as fast as you can. You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread man!" That would be so much fun, great idea!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
my favorite was the friendship oni but there's so many its truly difficult to choose (manticore yeti)<3

and me requesting JUST ONE new pet?? lol thats highly difficult since this brain dont stop.. but i'd also like to remind Anercorbie she wanted the ice floe siren from wizard input over here.. atm ive gtg run errands irl sigh but i promise to come back and post more <3 or links or whatever's easist <3

stormy jen silver

Ensign
Jun 25, 2011
Professor Falmea on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:

Dinosaurs. One must always have more dinosaurs.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
so sadly my computer went kaput irl.. am at the library atm posting on here.. sorry i wont be able to get on 101 games much until i get another.. however most of my ideas via pets can be found in circus maximus over the years.. but honestly my ideas aren't as awesome as others and i would hope yall get the time to peek in circus maximus area for this topic.. theres so many great suggestions there :3 i hope to be able to post on the message boards every few days but idk :/ anyways new pet idea? hmm a penguin on skis? (love gingerbread kids thats cute :) especially if twins like bunnies on wiz) idk i think i'll let others attack this one for once im overly chatty and i hate stealing all the limelight <3 hugs yall
stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
A dinosaur, in a space ship, like the little UFOs in Azteca, with a dinosaur riding on it.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
How about a Russian Doll pet. It could hop along after you, and could open and re-nest itself. It would open and turn into a crowd of tiny dolls, that would then re-stack, hopping back in, and become one bigger doll. I would love to see what a special attack for it might look like.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 6, 2017 wrote:
How about a Russian Doll pet. It could hop along after you, and could open and re-nest itself. It would open and turn into a crowd of tiny dolls, that would then re-stack, hopping back in, and become one bigger doll. I would love to see what a special attack for it might look like.
It could be a version of Mormo's "watermole army" attack. The Mother Doll opens and a horde of baby dolls pops out, then swarms the target!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Me Musket's favorite pet be the Musketeer Rapter, Helpful and Loyal he be.

I think a Batacuda Pet would be great and perfect in Skull Island don't ye think?

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Dec 6, 2017 wrote:
Perhaps it's name would be the Polarian Doll.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone, and the great ideas for future pets. I'll make sure Decius has eyes on this post if he hasn't already. ::grin::

Speaking of favorites - you can keep with the pet theme if you'd like, but if you'd rather, let's talk gear/weapons. What's your absolute favorite in the game and why? Great stats? Looks awesome? Let us know!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Professor Falmea on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback, everyone, and the great ideas for future pets. I'll make sure Decius has eyes on this post if he hasn't already. ::grin::

Speaking of favorites - you can keep with the pet theme if you'd like, but if you'd rather, let's talk gear/weapons. What's your absolute favorite in the game and why? Great stats? Looks awesome? Let us know!
In the question of gear, there are 2 sets I especially like for style/looks alone - Captain Swing's Luddite gear & Captain Blood's boots with his jacket. Yes, there's a powerful card attached to Blood's jacket, but if it didn't have that card, I would still place this outfit very high for style ( except the hat ). It has that "pirate" look that many players seem to crave and can now be only achieved through stitching, if you're at a high level.
Now Captain Swing's gear appeals to those who like Marleybone, it would be great if similar looking gear was available ( dye-able too, please! )
I have asked many times for more feminine options for us girl pirates. I love Contessa Argento's fancy swashbucklering outfit, please, please, I would like very much to dress as this companion!

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
For weapons, I really like the Wicked Blades (now retired) and Ringo's Revolvers and Deathdealers. All of the Cool Ranch weapons are really cool.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Professor Falmea on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:

Armor- Personally i find the marleybonian officer style my favorite however i wish there was platemail armor to go along with my favorite weapons, and when i say platemail i mean different variations, i dont want everyone running around looking exactly the same

Weapons- The flamberge, kraven blade, and the new silent knight swords are my favorites, i find realistic weapons the best looking, i do however wish there were more visual effects on weapons with the option to turn them off, thats just looks however, in terms of stats the spring and fall champ weapons reign supreme for every class as they should, however my issue lies with the fall weapon, even for a champ weapon it is too overpowered in my opinion, more weapons like the summer or spring is needed where they provide something niche only they can, summer flames provides a powerful barrier or even attack in the right situation and spring allows certain classes to run different gear instead of the norm although only slightly