Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Speculations

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ever since my wizard graduated from Ravenwood and joined the Arcanum; I've been wondering how KI will mark our pirate's "coming of age".
True, we're not students of a school, but we are under the training of other older, more experienced pirates. So, when ( or if ) our pirates reach the level to "graduate", what will we be called?
Well, what if we become "Pirate Lords"? Junior Lords, of course, but part of the "brotherhood" all the same?
Continuing with this speculation: remember a side quest in Port Regal, where we deliver a message from Catbeard ( via Mr. Norrington ) to Captain Avery, about his proposal that Catbeard join his Republic?
I recall that Avery says that he sent an invitation to "all the pirate lords", surely there are more Pirate Lords than Catbeard?
Second Speculation: What if a nation asks Captain Avery to give up to justice a certain pirate for full recognition of his Republic? If we got in the way of Avery's ambition to be recognized, wouldn't he accept and turn on us?
Let me know what you think of this, or give your versions of what may be coming to our pirates ( soon, I hope )!

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
Ever since my wizard graduated from Ravenwood and joined the Arcanum; I've been wondering how KI will mark our pirate's "coming of age".
True, we're not students of a school, but we are under the training of other older, more experienced pirates. So, when ( or if ) our pirates reach the level to "graduate", what will we be called?
Well, what if we become "Pirate Lords"? Junior Lords, of course, but part of the "brotherhood" all the same?
Continuing with this speculation: remember a side quest in Port Regal, where we deliver a message from Catbeard ( via Mr. Norrington ) to Captain Avery, about his proposal that Catbeard join his Republic?
I recall that Avery says that he sent an invitation to "all the pirate lords", surely there are more Pirate Lords than Catbeard?
Second Speculation: What if a nation asks Captain Avery to give up to justice a certain pirate for full recognition of his Republic? If we got in the way of Avery's ambition to be recognized, wouldn't he accept and turn on us?
Let me know what you think of this, or give your versions of what may be coming to our pirates ( soon, I hope )!
Naw, I'm thinking Guardians of El Dorado. After our quest is finally complete and we get to Dorado, a Titan awakes just to speak to it's favorite mortal. It looks like a gold-clad Triton, and after it speaks it gives a special set of gear and the badge "Guardian". Oh, it also gives a ton of gold as a partng gift.
How about that!?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Great ideas!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
noahdd on Dec 2, 2017 wrote:
Naw, I'm thinking Guardians of El Dorado. After our quest is finally complete and we get to Dorado, a Titan awakes just to speak to it's favorite mortal. It looks like a gold-clad Triton, and after it speaks it gives a special set of gear and the badge "Guardian". Oh, it also gives a ton of gold as a partng gift.
How about that!?
Interesting, but I think El Dorado can be saved for later. I would like to see us return to a Pirate theme, with pirate enemies. I found Bob Carrington a fascinating personality and would like to face him again. I have a theory that he's related in some way to Captain Avery ( son? nephew? son of an old rival Avery once scammed? )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
How about, since we have done a lot for Marleybone (guilty conscience there), we are finally called to meet the Queen, and are knighted for our acts as a privateer and our work for the secret branch. Hey, how would Regent of Skull Island sound? That would steam Avery. Payback for my first Raft, the Leaky Sieve.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aw, it seems I made a wee mistake in that quest dialogue from Avery. He actually says: "I've sent invitations to all the pirate captains..." ( no pirate lords, darn it ).
Still, I would love to be a Pirate Lord. ( Or queen..... )
"For I am the the Pirate Queen! And it is a glorious thing to be a Pirate Queen!....."

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:
Aw, it seems I made a wee mistake in that quest dialogue from Avery. He actually says: "I've sent invitations to all the pirate captains..." ( no pirate lords, darn it ).
Still, I would love to be a Pirate Lord. ( Or queen..... )
"For I am the the Pirate Queen! And it is a glorious thing to be a Pirate Queen!....."
*Bows and tips me Hat* Fair Pirate Queen!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I agree that "graduation will be the granting of the "pirate lord" title and the ability to claim our own island port.

These island ports will be introduced not in the next expansion, but the one after that. Islands with varying features will randomly generate in the skyways, and a Pirate Lord who defeats the inhabitants can claim that island. Specialized henchmen will become available through special quests and as ultra-rare finds in card packs. These henchmen are not crew but citizens of your island lair, and will include shipwrights (who can potentially upgrade your ships), merchants, trainers who can increase gains for crew who are left with them to brawls, pet wrangle, etc. Other citizens will just be decorative, like the ones in Wizard101. You will also be able to find (again through card packs and quests) buildings for your lair. Once crafting is introduced you will be able to purchase receipes for buildings for your lair (but not receipes for citizens).

Unlike the Island "houses" we can currently buy, you cannot reach your island lair by hitting the home key - you have to sail to it. It behalves in this way like any other port in the game. However, no other pirate can find your lair unless you take them to it (they are secret lairs, after all). You can only ever have three lairs, but you can clear others without claiming them That way, if you have three and discover a really nice one you like better than one of your existing ones, you can drop a liar to claim the new one. You cannot have island lairs in the same skyway.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Dec 9, 2017 wrote:
I agree that "graduation will be the granting of the "pirate lord" title and the ability to claim our own island port.

These island ports will be introduced not in the next expansion, but the one after that. Islands with varying features will randomly generate in the skyways, and a Pirate Lord who defeats the inhabitants can claim that island. Specialized henchmen will become available through special quests and as ultra-rare finds in card packs. These henchmen are not crew but citizens of your island lair, and will include shipwrights (who can potentially upgrade your ships), merchants, trainers who can increase gains for crew who are left with them to brawls, pet wrangle, etc. Other citizens will just be decorative, like the ones in Wizard101. You will also be able to find (again through card packs and quests) buildings for your lair. Once crafting is introduced you will be able to purchase receipes for buildings for your lair (but not receipes for citizens).

Unlike the Island "houses" we can currently buy, you cannot reach your island lair by hitting the home key - you have to sail to it. It behalves in this way like any other port in the game. However, no other pirate can find your lair unless you take them to it (they are secret lairs, after all). You can only ever have three lairs, but you can clear others without claiming them That way, if you have three and discover a really nice one you like better than one of your existing ones, you can drop a liar to claim the new one. You cannot have island lairs in the same skyway.

-Indigo
I really like this idea because it reminds me of that old "Civilization" game. Unfortunately, I don't believe that this could be added, even though it would make this game just that more unique and fun to play. Space in the skyway seems too limited to add new islands. And what if another pirate is already trying to subdue ( shades of
Imperialism! ) the local population when you sail up to the same island?
I like the thought of building your own town from scratch, inviting settlers ( gathering taxes? I bet Avery could give a few pointers! ) but couldn't this be done through buying an island from the Crown Shop? We could have this added to one of our houses and be able to sail from that house to our settlement.
Would that appeal to you?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I hope we get to see more in-depth implementation of the factions in the future. I'd expected to be able to actually interact with these groups for more than just narrative purposes after reading about the game while it installed, but the only thing that came close to my expectations was the Scurvy Dogs in Flotsam Skyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a similar system in Mirage in Wizard101, where doing quests for certain groups allows you to purchase from faction-exclusive vendors and own an apartment in their sector of the city. I'd like to see this mechanic throughout the Spiral in Pirate101 with the ability to quest for and ally certain groups in exchange for access to faction-specific gear, weapons, companions, ships, houses, and housing items.

I imagine our pirates' "coming of age" will happen in response to some action of either Avery or our pirate; one way or another, I don't foresee continued work under Avery considering he's never trusted us. And for that matter, I've never trusted him either. He's too manipulative. Our pirate is just a means to an end for him, I think, though what that end really is I have no idea.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MistyDragon13 on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
I hope we get to see more in-depth implementation of the factions in the future. I'd expected to be able to actually interact with these groups for more than just narrative purposes after reading about the game while it installed, but the only thing that came close to my expectations was the Scurvy Dogs in Flotsam Skyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a similar system in Mirage in Wizard101, where doing quests for certain groups allows you to purchase from faction-exclusive vendors and own an apartment in their sector of the city. I'd like to see this mechanic throughout the Spiral in Pirate101 with the ability to quest for and ally certain groups in exchange for access to faction-specific gear, weapons, companions, ships, houses, and housing items.

I imagine our pirates' "coming of age" will happen in response to some action of either Avery or our pirate; one way or another, I don't foresee continued work under Avery considering he's never trusted us. And for that matter, I've never trusted him either. He's too manipulative. Our pirate is just a means to an end for him, I think, though what that end really is I have no idea.
W101 does indeed have Faction housing, gear and mounts in Mirage ( so far only in Mirage ) You've seen my Fox thief house guest, remind me to show you my Dromel dwelling if you see me on line. This idea would work perfectly here in P101, what with the Frogfather or the different Crab Clans in Florenza.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Anecorbie: Unfortunately, I don't believe that this could be added. . . Space in the skyway seems too limited to add new islands.

I was thinking we could only see our secret islands, and those of friends who have taken us to their secret location.

Anecorbie: ...couldn't this be done through buying an island from the Crown Shop?

Yes, and that approach would be easier to program I am sure. But like the idea of having mysterious (randomly generated) islands floating by and stopping on one and finding that this one (unlike the last two dozen I explored is perfect for my needs). I shall name it... Indigonia!

-Indigo

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Indigo Ring on Dec 9, 2017 wrote:

-Indigo
It's an interesting idea. I think I recall it popping up in a long ago thread on potential side activities, or the form crafting could take in pirate. It would be very interesting if our friends and ourselves gained the ability to sail to our homes from regular skyways. When I first saw the houses, I wondered if they would have a physical location in a skyway, as the bunkhouse does in Avery's court. A MB house could be in that skyway, MS house in Hammamitsu skyway, and Class houses in Skull Island or Tradewinds.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I suspect it would take a fair amount of programming to set up, but would be pretty nifty.

-Indigo