Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Remembrance Day / Veteran's Day

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I'd like to just say thank to KI for the eternal flame, and their continued support of veterans and service personnel.
The eternal flame is a nice decoration item, and it has already been added to my collection of past Remembrance Day themed items.

I'd also like to thank any veterans who may see this, for their sacrifices. Its a hard job, with challenges most people wouldn't expect. (and BZ to and current forces members that may see this as well).

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
CdeWinter on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:
I'd like to just say thank to KI for the eternal flame, and their continued support of veterans and service personnel.
The eternal flame is a nice decoration item, and it has already been added to my collection of past Remembrance Day themed items.

I'd also like to thank any veterans who may see this, for their sacrifices. Its a hard job, with challenges most people wouldn't expect. (and BZ to and current forces members that may see this as well).
Yes, I'm glad we're celebrating Veteran's Day. I think it very good that we commemorate them and their hard work.

By the way, where did it show the code for redeeming the Eternal Flame? I don't remember seeing it in the Captain's Log category anywhere.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Oh, never mind; I just saw it when I was logging onto Pirate101. Yes, thank you so much, KingsIsle, for the Eternal Flame and, most importantly, for honoring our veterans.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Nov 10, 2017 wrote:

Every year I wonder "How can KI top themselves for the Veteran's Remembrance Item? And every year, of course, they do something utterly fantastic!
So very well designed and very nice; I'm honored to display it in my house!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I agree - very nice, and kudos to those who have served.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
And thanks to their families, who miss them while they are away doing that hard job.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
Yes, I'm glad we're celebrating Veteran's Day. I think it very good that we commemorate them and their hard work.

By the way, where did it show the code for redeeming the Eternal Flame? I don't remember seeing it in the Captain's Log category anywhere.
Find it on the launch page, it wasn't in the Captain's Log.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
And thanks to their families, who miss them while they are away doing that hard job.
Yes. I absolutely agree.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Only thing I don't like is this item can't be auctioned. If I am right that means it can't be picked up in the Bazaar. I was hoping to have one for both of my pirates.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
Only thing I don't like is this item can't be auctioned. If I am right that means it can't be picked up in the Bazaar. I was hoping to have one for both of my pirates.
Okay, but... Who would want to give it away? It's so awesome - it's not like the Wreath or something - so why would anyone want to just Auction it off?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 11, 2017 wrote:
Players used to sell these items, I'm glad KI shut that down. It was sad to see a Poppy Wreath or Hero's Medal plaque in there even though others could buy them and get extras.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
Players used to sell these items, I'm glad KI shut that down. It was sad to see a Poppy Wreath or Hero's Medal plaque in there even though others could buy them and get extras.
That was actually how I was able to get the Medal plaque, through the Bazaar - as that was the only Veteran's Day item in Pirate I somehow haven't collected.

Although, while this year's item cannot be auctioned, it can be discarded (which is 100x worse than selling ) - with that said I'd much rather see it end up in the Bazaar if someone truly didn't want it.

As the saying goes; more for me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hoodoo Mistress on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
That was actually how I was able to get the Medal plaque, through the Bazaar - as that was the only Veteran's Day item in Pirate I somehow haven't collected.

Although, while this year's item cannot be auctioned, it can be discarded (which is 100x worse than selling ) - with that said I'd much rather see it end up in the Bazaar if someone truly didn't want it.

As the saying goes; more for me.
A poster on the Wizard boards suggested that the Eternal Flame should be put into the Crowns Shop and have the proceeds to go benefit Veterans. I think this is great idea for those who want extra items like this!