Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Name Change

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 04, 2015
I think it would be great if players were able to change their names, maybe only twice though. The thing is, when we start we try to come up with a good name, but by the time we're actually good we realize our names are really bad and cringey. I know it could be a problem because then you can change your name and people wouldn't recognize you, so maybe there could be something so people can see your previous names.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DUNKLE0STEUS on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I think it would be great if players were able to change their names, maybe only twice though. The thing is, when we start we try to come up with a good name, but by the time we're actually good we realize our names are really bad and cringey. I know it could be a problem because then you can change your name and people wouldn't recognize you, so maybe there could be something so people can see your previous names.
I understand why some players want to change a name; many players start when they're young and choose what seems to be a fantastic name only to have their tastes change a couple of years later.
I have played a game that allowed you to change your name and when you did your friends received a notice about it, perhaps the same thing can be used here?
And welcome to the Message Boards, DUNKLEOSTEUS!

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
Welcome to the message boards DUNKLE0STEUS!
I agree. My old musketeer was named Brave Alexandra Armstrong. I guess it doesn't sound so bad, but I didn't like it that much. Now I just name them one main name. So..

Misty, 70
Zoe, 43
Alexis, 11
Brave Alexandra Armstrong, 21 (I don't play her anymore)
Erin, 41
Coral, 4

Ensign
Feb 04, 2015
anecorbie on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
I understand why some players want to change a name; many players start when they're young and choose what seems to be a fantastic name only to have their tastes change a couple of years later.
I have played a game that allowed you to change your name and when you did your friends received a notice about it, perhaps the same thing can be used here?
And welcome to the Message Boards, DUNKLEOSTEUS!
Good idea, just the only problem would be that if you are one of those people who friends everyone, you would constantly be getting notifications. At least if your friends liked a little change here and there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DUNKLE0STEUS on Nov 15, 2017 wrote:
Good idea, just the only problem would be that if you are one of those people who friends everyone, you would constantly be getting notifications. At least if your friends liked a little change here and there.
Well, that's the side effect of this idea!