Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Help with Marleybone

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 25, 2012
So I just started Marleybone and the first battles I have had there, at least one of my companions has died! I don't know what to do. My companions are level 50. I'm a level 53 Witchdoctor. Anybody got tips or tricks?
Thanks

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Thenilesmaster on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
So I just started Marleybone and the first battles I have had there, at least one of my companions has died! I don't know what to do. My companions are level 50. I'm a level 53 Witchdoctor. Anybody got tips or tricks?
Thanks
Yes, you need to learn to use other companions. And you need to learn that occasionally you will lose one in a battle. Things only get harder from here, so try something new - Ranged companions? Witchdoctors?

Not every battle is going to be won by brute force as you advance.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thenilesmaster on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
Thanks
1. Have you done any ( or all ) side quests to raise your level & gain gold to buy tomes for your companions?
2. Are you using a "set team"? Try trading out your "favorites" for something new.

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
Experiment. Marleybone is anew place with higher level opponents that actually come in formation.. And if you have just started wait for the end with Rooke. But besides tht, yes, do some isde quests. I'm not talking about ones that give 15 xp. Find quests that give 500+, and do tose for a few days. Also, try old companions. Depending on your choices you've made in game, like presidio, companions will differ. But in early marleybone you can upgrade you presidio companions, so try that. If you ever need help with a battle or two just reoly to this comment. I'll be happy to help :)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
How about some defense? Have any gear that gives some musketeer traps? Let them come to you, with a hold the line 3 crew member in front who can blunt their attack. Use some shielding or absorbs, there is gear out there for those, too. See if any of your unused crew might have moves that counter the ones that hurt you so bad. It can be great to have all your crew the same class as you, but if they are, it leaves all of you vulnerable to at least one class. Sometimes boosting the stat that is not your main stat can be helpful. Musketeers' main is Agile, but they tend to not be bad in the Will department either. You can still boost will, but if you also boost strength, which musketeers may be weaker in, it might put your epics up. If the opponent is a privateer, maybe an Agile boost might be a help to you. Even if you don't hit more epics, they might not hit as many epics on you either. Defense. Just because a boost is not the main for your class, doesn't mean it's not useful. I think a lot of people might not realize that, from seeing many who move out of range of an announced boost.