Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

fire toad

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 19, 2016
hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I am having. I defeated gortez 25 times and I didn't get my fire toad pet. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? or is there something else that should be done in order for me to get the pet?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I don't think the pet is supposed to be given after 25 fights with Gortez. The ability to buy Gortez as a crewman in the crown shop ought to have unlocked. If the fire toad is a drop from Gortez, I think it would probably be a random boss drop, luck being the factor that makes it drop for you or not. Some might get the pet in their first fight, some not on their hundredth. Can anyone confirm Gortez dropping the fire toad, and say how long it took to get it?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Pet drop is totally random - so you did nothing wrong - you just were not lucky.

Suggest that if you have an adult pet of any kind go to the morphing tent and ask around to morph with a fire toad - then you have a better chance of getting one.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Beating Gortez 25 times unlocks his twin as a companion for purchase with crowns in the crown shop. The Fire Toad is a random drop and could drop after 1 run, or not drop after 100 runs.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Nope, you are doing the right thing - just being unlucky.

Perhaps post a day/date/realm where you will be in the morphing tent and one of us can come by and help. I have toads.

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I am sure many players will tell you this, but drops are random you may do it 100 times and not get it. If you see me in the tent or in Avery's court I would be happy to morph my fire toad with you.
Pirate Name: Grace

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I finally got the Fire Toad from Gortez's Second Chance Chest. Haven't ever gotten it from any of the fights with Gortez. Since I did get it from the Second Chance Chest, it should be able to be obtained by fighting Gortez but be prepared for a large number of battles.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
I tried to get a fire toad by fighting Gortez on all five of my pirates and no luck. Is the offer to hatch one still available? I really want one so I can later hatch some hybrids from it.