Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet drops in Presents

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Have to say that the drop rate is icky

i have opened well over a thousand presents / and gotten Zero Pets

I have received a Lot of Masks and Mounts /
Gold / but the quantities are so small it takes a long time for it to add up
Snacks / such low level ones this year

What happen this year ?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have found that certain of my characters are luckier than others. I was on my fourth pirate before I got a pet, after opening about a hundred on each character, and she ended up with three pets altogether.

Do you have more than one pirate?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:

What happen this year ?
Your luck sounds nearly as bad as mine. I've received one pet ( a Karma Dragon, of which I have a few duplicates already ), Face Paints ( rentals, of all things! ) and a collection of the ugliest colored mounts( rental ) I've ever seen! Not a single new pet, especially the Birthday Card Dragon!
At least I can sell the face paints.
OTOH, I've been getting decent leveled snacks.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"Gold / but the quantities are so small it takes a long time for it to add up "

Yeah but if you have opened over a thousand presents, that's probably 20K gold or thereabouts!

If you have opened a thousand presents with no pets you are having a seriously bad run of luck. My pirates have found six so far this month, including two of the new ones, and I don't think I have opened anywhere near a thousand packages. Maybe a couple of hundred.

Better luck to you, K.!

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Krigleblort on Oct 20, 2017 wrote:

What happen this year ?
Let's see, we have more packages to open and the vast majority of the mounts are very fast (poor batacuda!). There are at least 3 new pets we know about, the birthday card dragon, the birthday scylla, and the birthday balloonfish. The face masks and eyepatches are saleable, as are two of the mounts. You can get more money opening the packages than just what's in the package.

That said, yeah, I agree the drop rate for the pets in the packages is a bit underwhelming, but I'm greedy, so that could just be me. (But I don't think it is, KI. I think we're not finding nearly as many pets this year.)

And why is no one selling off their snacks this year? Last year and at the Christmas thing you could generally buy decent snacks in the bazaar.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 21, 2017 wrote:
Let's see, we have more packages to open and the vast majority of the mounts are very fast (poor batacuda!). There are at least 3 new pets we know about, the birthday card dragon, the birthday scylla, and the birthday balloonfish. The face masks and eyepatches are saleable, as are two of the mounts. You can get more money opening the packages than just what's in the package.

That said, yeah, I agree the drop rate for the pets in the packages is a bit underwhelming, but I'm greedy, so that could just be me. (But I don't think it is, KI. I think we're not finding nearly as many pets this year.)

And why is no one selling off their snacks this year? Last year and at the Christmas thing you could generally buy decent snacks in the bazaar.
I can confirm there is also a Birthday Chameleon pet.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
Are any of these mounts permanent because so far I have only gotten rentals including a rental mask which I find kind of useless.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Excellent news, RRRRZZZZ419! Thanks for letting us know.

Krigleblort, since originally posting on this thread I have paid a bit more attention to how many packages I pop. More than I realized, is the answer. At the point of my original post I was probably closer to 400 packages than 200.

Good hunting everyone!

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
frostednutella on Oct 21, 2017 wrote:
Are any of these mounts permanent because so far I have only gotten rentals including a rental mask which I find kind of useless.
I don't believe the mounts are permanent, but you can sell the birthdayloon one and the um, birthday crockagator for 300 gold. You can also sell the rental face paints for 180. Also, this year it seems we can sell the eyepatches as well, thank goodness.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
frostednutella on Oct 21, 2017 wrote:
No permanent mounts, you can sell the face paints to a free trader - I go to Outlaw's Outfitter in Skull Island ( Mel the Tailor ).

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Oct 22, 2017 wrote:
I don't believe the mounts are permanent, but you can sell the birthdayloon one and the um, birthday crockagator for 300 gold. You can also sell the rental face paints for 180. Also, this year it seems we can sell the eyepatches as well, thank goodness.
You can also put the Birthdayloon and the Birthday Crokagator mounts in your houses for storage.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yo ho ho! The Christmas presents are back! Anyone get any new pets in them yet?