Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Party Room Housing Addition - A Report

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
All right - Boochbeard realm it is - hopefully we shall meet.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 6, 2017 wrote:
Nice idea, I'll try visiting my Room on Boochbeard. The former wizard had no access to a cabin yet? You're so nice taking the time to "show him the ropes" ( that's an actual nautical expression, BTW! )
Yup, I managed to find a rare level one/ level 2 pirate. He had not yet visited the bunk house, and gotten a room. He hadn't seen the ropes yet, no dock access. :D

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I had my ship at Skull Island docks, in realm Boochbeard yesterday. I wasn't seeing anyone, so I went to the team up ledger and started inviting people. I only got one taker, but he liked the party room once I explained what it was. I also managed to get a friend to visit, and he was interested in getting one when he has more crowns. I think that the description in the Crown shop is a poor one, giving people little idea of what they are buying other than a very expensive balloon attached to a piece of wood. If KI is trying to have people get a lovely surprise, that's nice, but maybe they need to hint a bit more about what it is.
Maybe it would help talking about it at Avery's Court and inviting people to tour. I suspect even people who got the party room (non-board readers) don't spend much time in there, once they see they can't decorate it, and after they have grabbed any chests.
I noticed that you can collect chests in there more often than smuggler's lair wishing well, not just once a day. Has anyone figured out how often? Might it be one an hour? I know I was able to collect a regular chest and then immediately open a locked one with a friend. Is there a limit on the locked chest? Maybe you must have someone who hasn't collected a chest open one lock, but anyone can help? Maybe there isn't a limit on locked chests? Something to test if you have friends around.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
i have one and so does my daughter.. hmm wonder if decor in there changes with the hoildays? like olaf for christmas? extra presents in there and a table all decked out with cookies etc? <3

stormy jen silver

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
stormyjensilverdra... on Dec 1, 2017 wrote:
i have one and so does my daughter.. hmm wonder if decor in there changes with the hoildays? like olaf for christmas? extra presents in there and a table all decked out with cookies etc? <3

stormy jen silver
Yes! It should be decorated differently now, with all the other decorations out on Skull Island. I plan to run to the party room to check. It was very spooky in there for Halloween.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yes the party room looks nice for Christmas. The nutcrackers who are standing guard by the door inside are a nice touch. If only we could hang our own lights higher on our own houses' walls, like in the party room, and be able to hang other decorations underneath.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
With the changes they made to the party room, such as putting every one in the busiest realm so we can meet up, I have a new question. When a party room is on your ship, if you enter the party room, does it automatically bottle your ship now? I was on my ship, went into the party room briefly, and when I tried to exit, it said my ship was unavailable. It would not let me un-bottle my ship from inside the party room, the selector was greyed out. I had to port to the Life Fountain on the docks. Is this a new change? I don't know if my realm changed when I entered the party room, but I never had it show my ship as unavailable before, from that, just couldn't use the stairs before. Now I'm wondering if you enter your own ship board party room, if your ship bottles itself and no one else can wander aboard and into the party room.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
With the changes they made to the party room, such as putting every one in the busiest realm so we can meet up, I have a new question. When a party room is on your ship, if you enter the party room, does it automatically bottle your ship now? I was on my ship, went into the party room briefly, and when I tried to exit, it said my ship was unavailable. It would not let me un-bottle my ship from inside the party room, the selector was greyed out. I had to port to the Life Fountain on the docks. Is this a new change? I don't know if my realm changed when I entered the party room, but I never had it show my ship as unavailable before, from that, just couldn't use the stairs before. Now I'm wondering if you enter your own ship board party room, if your ship bottles itself and no one else can wander aboard and into the party room.
That sounds like a glitch, Calamity. I was in my party room ( installed in my ship ) and was able to exit the room to my ship cabin without a problem.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
When I logged off yesterday, I had been in my Party Room and I exited to my ship cabin. This morning I was still in the Party Room. I was still able to exit the room but when I tried to leave my ship cabin, I received the notice that my ship had been bottled and I had to use my last Life Fountain to exit.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
When I logged off yesterday, I had been in my Party Room and I exited to my ship cabin. This morning I was still in the Party Room. I was still able to exit the room but when I tried to leave my ship cabin, I received the notice that my ship had been bottled and I had to use my last Life Fountain to exit.
Yes that was what happened. When I had done that before, (before the changes to the party room realm were made) I think I had been able to unbottle my ship, while in the cabin. Now, it was showing that my ship was equipped, it had the little blue hand on it, but the ship was not available, and I could not switch it to a different ship either, nor tell it to bottle the equipped ship.

It looks like we cannot choose to meet in a realm other than Avery, when in the party room, anymore. I tried changing realms when in there, and nothing happened. It looks as if you could change realms, but when you try it, nothing happens and you stay in Avery. I'm not sure what would happen if Avery totally filled up, if you could switch between it and the next on the list, or if the party room would open a new realm and not let you switch. or if the party would become unable to enter if Avery was full. Is it possible for it to be unable to get full, even if every pirate entered?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Oh this also happened when I was on the deck of my ship, went in the cabin, entered the party room, spent less than 5 minutes in there, exited to the cabin, and tried to go back on deck, but my ship wasn't there anymore, yet was still equipped. It's not just about being in the party room when you log off; I'd understand, if it was that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
Oh this also happened when I was on the deck of my ship, went in the cabin, entered the party room, spent less than 5 minutes in there, exited to the cabin, and tried to go back on deck, but my ship wasn't there anymore, yet was still equipped. It's not just about being in the party room when you log off; I'd understand, if it was that.
You can unbottle a ship, while it's equipped. I think we should open a post on glitches in the party room and maybe one asking those questions you have on crowded/full conditions for the party room.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:
You can unbottle a ship, while it's equipped. I think we should open a post on glitches in the party room and maybe one asking those questions you have on crowded/full conditions for the party room.
I was unable to unbottle any ship, because it thought it was equipped already, yet it wouldn't let me swap it with a different ship, nor let me go onto the deck of my ship. In the past, I had been able to unbottle a ship and exit party room into cabin and onto the deck, and hop over to dock. I'm not sure if it's worth spinning off another thread.

Some nice pets are dropping from the party room locked Group chests. I got a Snow Lionfish yesterday from one with 4 locks, and a red Baubleloon the day before that. The change to party room realms seems to be working to let pirates run into each other. That's how were were able to get that Snow lionfish.

I think more people have been getting the party room, but not all of them realize it is a shared space, until they show up in it, and find other pirates there. The musical glitch is still active for the first time visit. After a pirate I met in there had made his first visit and left, he messaged that he was still hearing the Christmas music. At least he wasn't haunted by off tune pianos.