Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Team Up Badge award ruins spirit of Team Up.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
For me team up ledger, something that I really really like and want to be involved in, has not worked. This thread will discuss major problems and how I suggest to fix them.

1.) The spirit of selfishness.

The primary goal for most max level pirates I see is to obtain that high level team badge. That badge that gives halo's and wing's and promote the "look at me I have these cool wings/halos" I am cool ideology. Now there is nothing wrong with wanting this badge, I want it a lot too. But most players I see want to do low level dungeons fast, ignore anyone who needs real help (and frequently treat them like trash too).

In other words, the team up ledger promotes selfishness rather than selflessness, all because people want that badge effect more then they want to actually help people - yes, the ledger actually promotes the cause it absolutely should not promote.

Also 5000-10 000 runs is ridiculous for a badge effect. If anyone does get it, it will be 5000-10000 runs of the throne room, not 5000-10000 runs of anything post skull island. This is not the culture that is needed imo. What I suggest is a more collective goal system, that does not have such a high limit, and one that actually helps people. Here is what I suggest (Keep in mind point 2 ties into this):

Tier 1 badges (no effects):
-Badge 1: Team Player
Join someone in a team up, ledger or not fight 10 times.

-Badge 2: Team Spirit
Use team up, ledger or not, 25 times.

-Badge 3: Team leader, use team up, ledger or not, 100 times. Unlocks angel eyes (like bright yellow nefarious eyes)

Tier 2 badges:
Players must have all Tier 1 badges to unlock these.

-Badge 4: Spiral Service Award
Help someone from each world 1 times via team up.

-Badge 5: A helpful hand
Help someone from each world 25 times via team up. Effect: Angel Halo + Eyes.

Tier 3 badge:
Obtain Badge 5, and also help each ambassador 50 times to unlock badge 6:

-Badge 6: Angel.
Get Badge 5 and help each ambassador 50 times. Effect: Angel Halo + Eyes + Wings.

-Badge 7: ?????

2.) Dungeon Run Count does not register if you are player one, or at random times.

I think it should. I went up to the sigil in a skull island dungeon, and manually chose team up. I did not get a +1 increase (I think its because I asked for help). Also I helped a pirate in cool ranch, that did not increase my count either. Its broken a bit, and if p101 should continue such a system of using the number of runs as awards for team up badges, then it should be fixed. I waited 30 mins to help a proper player but it did not count.

Before I conclude, Team Up is actually my fav feature in the game, even though its abused now. I will use this thread to suggest ways to fix it, discuss what I think we should define "help" to mean, and stuff. If none of this works, I wish team up should have NO REWARD, as lets be honest, you should not expect an award for helping. The angel effects are cool, but are lusted after. Will reply to this later, feel free to comment.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
For me team up ledger, something that I really really like and want to be involved in, has not worked. This thread will discuss major problems and how I suggest to fix them.

The primary goal for most max level pirates I see is to obtain that high level team badge. That badge that gives halo's and wing's and promote the "look at me I have these cool wings/halos" I am cool ideology. Now there is nothing wrong with wanting this badge, I want it a lot too. But most players I see want to do low level dungeons fast, ignore anyone who needs real help (and frequently treat them like trash too).

In other words, the team up ledger promotes selfishness rather than selflessness, all because people want that badge effect more then they want to actually help people - yes, the ledger actually promotes the cause it absolutely should not promote.

Also 5000-10 000 runs is ridiculous for a badge effect. If anyone does get it, it will be 5000-10000 runs of the throne room, not 5000-10000 runs of anything post skull island. This is not the culture that is needed imo. What I suggest is a more collective goal system, that does not have such a high limit, and one that actually helps people. Here is what I suggest (Keep in mind point 2 ties into this):

-Badge 3: Team leader, use team up, ledger or not, 100 times. Unlocks angel eyes (like bright yellow nefarious eyes)

Tier 2 badges:

Tier 3 badge:

Get Badge 5 and help each ambassador 50 times. Effect: Angel Halo + Eyes + Wings.

2.) Dungeon Run Count does not register if you are player one, or at random times.

I think it should. I went up to the sigil in a skull island dungeon, and manually chose team up. I did not get a +1 increase (I think its because I asked for help). Also I helped a pirate in cool ranch, that did not increase my count either. Its broken a bit, and if p101 should continue such a system of using the number of runs as awards for team up badges, then it should be fixed. I waited 30 mins to help a proper player but it did not count.

Before I conclude, Team Up is actually my fav feature in the game, even though its abused now. I will use this thread to suggest ways to fix it, discuss what I think we should define "help" to mean, and stuff. If none of this works, I wish team up should have NO REWARD, as lets be honest, you should not expect an award for helping. The angel effects are cool, but are lusted after. Will reply to this later, feel free to comment.
Golden Guardian, please don't let a few selfish players ruin your enjoyment of the team-up ledger. It's wonderful that there is a reward for those who dedicate their time to helping others - and I sincerely believe that these are in the majority.
Don't twiddle and complain that others are getting the badge faster than what KI probably planned for by finding a exploitive short cut.
Wizard101 has a badge reward for those who help through the Team-up Kiosk and there's nothing wrong with a reward for helping.
I remember all the fuss that the "Nefarious Badge" caused and how we asked for a reward for those who didn't drink the elixir yet had to battle an extra enemy in that instance.
Please just do what you've been doing by helping those pirates that actually, honestly need your help; and know that eventually you will earn that reward legitimately therefore wear it with deserved pride!
The Ledger doesn't need "fixing".
See you in the Team-Up!

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
Despite what you seem to think, most people (including myself) will help people in any world. And why should we not be rewarded for skull island help? What if we are the appropriate level for the dungeon? What if its fort elana or fort basset? Who cares if the players only help others to get the badge, the people are still being helped, and that's what matters.

I was on my bucc, who needed help with the shadow fortress, a long dungeon in mooshu. I clicked team up, andi got 3 lvl 70's. This proves that not everyone is selfish and will only do skull island quest bosses to get the badge.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016

Tier 2 badges:

Tier 3 badge:

Prepare yourself for this long rant I am going to do about the Team Up Ledger. First and foremost, I agree with ALL your points. I, also have had a very negative experience with the Team-Up Ledger. It promotes selfishness, rather than selflessness. To put it bluntly, I waited an hour and a half at Motherlode Mine on my Musketeer, desperately awaiting help that never came before finally giving up and soloing Deacon. Let me repeat that. An hour and a half with no help at all. For those of you who don't know, Deacon is a tough fight. I lost Baar, Haywire Battle Angel, and Laarn, and I'd have died too had it not been for Quick Draw. I checked the Team-Up Ledger afterwards and, not surprisingly, all the maxes were busy grinding away Fin Dorsal runs to get that pointless badge, when I am here rotting away seeking actual legitimate help! Is this really what the Team-Up Ledger is supposed to promote? Selfish pirates that grind Fin Dorsal and don't help the lower levels? To add to that, I then went into Fin Dorsal to find some maxes to help me and guess what? They false reported me just because I asked for help! You were there, Dino. You can attest to that. Let's take the Team-Up Ledger to real life. Should you really expect a reward for helping people? Bit off topic, but I recently got my first job at Chicken Express, which is a fast food chain and I serve and help people all the time. Some people leave me tips that I keep, some don't tip me at all, which is fine. I really don't expect tip money or any reward of any kind waiting for me for every customer I serve. I just like keeping them happy out of the goodness of my heart. So in short, the Team-Up badges need to be removed from the game, so lower level pirates get the help they need.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 39 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 21 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016

Tier 2 badges:

Tier 3 badge:

Also, I forgot to add in my previous post that I'd like to quote Albus Dumbledore, the headmaster Wizard in the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, "Help Will Always Be Given At Hogwarts To Those Who Ask For It." Well, on my Musketeer, I asked for help with Deacon but my "help" never came. I have discussed the future of the Team Up Ledger with close friends of mine and we are all in agreement that the Team-Up Ledger badges need to go, since as of now, maxes are seeing the Team-Up Ledger as more of a farming opportunity rather than actually using it to help lower level pirates with tough dungeons, Deacon being a prime example of this. It's a tough fight when you have a crew of 4 against a million Armada enemies. And like Dino said above, you shouldn't expect a reward for helping people, especially since all the maxes are just grinding Fin Dorsal all day and don't help anyway. And IF I DO get help, the max that "helps" me treats me like trash for wasting his or her time grinding Fin Dorsal. Kingsisle, is this really what you want the Team-Up Ledger to promote? Selfish pirates that do nothing but grind Fin Dorsal all day and don't help lower levels when they ask for help? I live by Albus Dumbledore's words that "Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it." If you want my input, I'm in full agreement that the Team-Up Ledger badges should be removed from the game. I am curious as to what other pirates on here have to say about this issue and the future of Team-Up.

Thank You for reading. Sincerely,

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
In order for it to count towards the badge, you must manually leave the dungeon as opposed to porting out.

Ensign
May 30, 2009

Tier 2 badges:

Tier 3 badge:

I don't see the issue here. Some people do want the badges, They go for it easily because it looks cool. They're using the ledger to get the badge, Even if they do spam 1 boss to farm and get the badge quicker, They still use the team up and working hard to get it. Some people don't want to deal with long dungeons. You can't force someone to do something they don't want to go for, And i surely know that you do want the badge as well, Or else you wouldn't have made this post to rant about it, You should work for it, Because whining/ranting won't really get you the badge, And i don't think that Kingsisle would remove the badge effect reward, Because that was mainly added for those who grind for long term achievements in game.

-Logan West

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
Also, I forgot to add in my previous post that I'd like to quote Albus Dumbledore, the headmaster Wizard in the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, "Help Will Always Be Given At Hogwarts To Those Who Ask For It." Well, on my Musketeer, I asked for help with Deacon but my "help" never came. I have discussed the future of the Team Up Ledger with close friends of mine and we are all in agreement that the Team-Up Ledger badges need to go, since as of now, maxes are seeing the Team-Up Ledger as more of a farming opportunity rather than actually using it to help lower level pirates with tough dungeons, Deacon being a prime example of this. It's a tough fight when you have a crew of 4 against a million Armada enemies. And like Dino said above, you shouldn't expect a reward for helping people, especially since all the maxes are just grinding Fin Dorsal all day and don't help anyway. And IF I DO get help, the max that "helps" me treats me like trash for wasting his or her time grinding Fin Dorsal. Kingsisle, is this really what you want the Team-Up Ledger to promote? Selfish pirates that do nothing but grind Fin Dorsal all day and don't help lower levels when they ask for help? I live by Albus Dumbledore's words that "Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it." If you want my input, I'm in full agreement that the Team-Up Ledger badges should be removed from the game. I am curious as to what other pirates on here have to say about this issue and the future of Team-Up.

One bad experience, just one, crimsonreaver? And so you base this "Badge rewards must go " because of this? Maybe you should take into account the time you asked for help. If it's happening during the day on a weekday, chances are the majority of players are at school or work.
I have been hitting the team-up everyday and it's often empty of anyone asking for help. I have hesitated to help lower levels in Skull Island but today I broke that rule with Pyramid of Fire ( with a low level and a max level completely rude troll who was only concerned to do the dungeon asap. ) & the Meeting Room ( in Devilfish Hollow. )
If I had based my thoughts on that one bad experience I would say you might be right. Unfortunately, you're not right to judge from one bad experience or every pirate by a few.
And even those few have the right to choose what dungeon they're going to do.
I'm there when I can be and I do those long, difficult dungeons. ( That's why I only have 10 runs from the Ledger. ) I'm 100% certain that I'm not the only one helping out.
Kudos for defeating Deacon, I remember just how tough that fight is and I had to repeat that dungeon several times before I won ( team-up wasn't an option back then. )
I wonder just how you asked for help from those max levels? I wonder what they would have to say about your attitude?
You were in a flaming fit when we talked about this and I had to turn on "hide from friends" just so neither of us said something we regretted.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
It's new, people are going a little crazy. Things will settle down. It doesn't need to be changed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Charities do give rewards to those who give of their time or money - Public Radio is just one example, by offering bundles to those who donate money to keep these stations on line.
I give blood ( & platelets ) 3 times a year and sometimes get a free T-shirt. I'm not doing it for the shirt but it's nice to get one & when I wear it I feel I'm raising awareness of the need to give blood. ( Hmm isn't that rather like a badge? )

Captain
Oct 26, 2012

To continue from that, I met a pirate who waited for a WHOLE DAY (including a period 22-23 hours before) in the ledger waiting for someone to help him in Khotan. He even waited in the ledger and ASKED PEOPLE to join him, but no one did. I log on and he was very happy and told me his ordeal. I do know some people do actually help, but alas everyone was absent for this soul. This was also during prime time.

Now to continue on my original point.

I like Blaze think team up badges should have no reward, but since it's 99% likely to remain I will leave that issue aside for now. If pirates do get a reward, I believe it should be done differently. I genuinely want to help people who need actual help, rather than "grinding a noob dungeon with a max squad help". I too have helped people in skull island (i.e. The prawn arc) and I don't think there is anything wrong such help. As I said before, p101 should expand to a more collective objective request (enabling you too travel and help across different worlds rather than fighting fin dorsal for who knows how long, read my first post I want feedback on this idea).

Also I have experienced difficult problems with team up in non-skull island dungeons. Players leave a lot and choose to do a quicker one. Sometimes even the original Player one who needs help leaves, making me Player one, and the cycle repeats as everyone leaves as they become player one. That was me for an hour yesterday. It's not fun at all. No one got helped, until I took a solid break and met the guy from khotan when I logged back in. That dungeon did not count as I did not leave through the entrance (oh well), but I am very glad he got help.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Now Blaze and I really want to help people, but we probably won't get to 5000+ team up runs (actually I have heard a lot of numbers, what is the limit for the 4th badge anyway) the way we want to help people. This is due to a combination of waiting to find someone who needs proper help (and it is not actually as frequent as I expected), then trying to actually find a team of at least 2 that sticks, and then if all actually works then doing a dungeon. This can take hours sometimes. Even in prime time! I mean if everything was ready steady go then I can actually earn the fourth badge honestly and properly, but it is not.

The only sure fire way to ensure that you obtain the last badge in a reasonable time frame is by grinding the throne room. This dungeon is almost universally there by many maxes grinding it.

Also since it currently it seems more of a team up culture rather than a helping one, I suggest these things be changed:

-Manual Sigil Team up also counts as runs for the badge
-Player One also gets an increase in run count, even if they asked for team up. The way this grinding culture works it makes sense does it not?
-Runs register after finishing the fight, not leaving the area! I do not want to travel across multiple rooms in long dungeons like khotan!

Unfortunately as much as I HATE to admit it, if I do want angel effects I guess I have to grind the throne room . The only form of help I see here is collectively helping others who want the badge. I wanted to help people differently. Well KI I really wish you made the reward be gained through means other than grinding the easiest fight in the game, I am very very disappointed. It's still early after the update, maybe alongside this you can implement some alternative helping award, perhaps a different shade of angel wings for people like meh.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013

Tier 2 badges:

Tier 3 badge:

Let me share my opinion on this matter -

"The primary goal for most max level pirates I see is to obtain that high level team badge. That badge that gives halo's and wing's and promote the "look at me I have these cool wings/halos" I am cool ideology."

For starters this isn't the primary goal nor is it the majority's ideology - I'm sure some have this mindset while others are putting in the work for an end reward.The halo is over 1k+ runs which means someone who won't put in the time and effort won't receive this badge. Call me crazy but I can't imagine many going to this effort for the gratification of a badge let alone to "look cool".

"Also 5000-10 000 runs is ridiculous for a badge effect. If anyone does get it, it will be 5000-10000 runs of the throne room, not 5000-10000 runs of anything post skull island."

I personally don't mind the high number. Don't get me wrong it is absolutely ridiculous but it also means a selective part of the community will obtain this reward. That being said I find it reasonable to spam whenever even if it is The Throne Room. Practicality is helpful in reality.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013

Continuing..

"I have discussed the future of the Team Up Ledger with close friends of mine and we are all in agreement that the Team-Up Ledger badges need to go, since as of now, maxes are seeing the Team-Up Ledger as more of a farming opportunity rather than actually using it to help lower level pirates with tough dungeons, Deacon being a prime example of this."

All-in-all I don't see Kingsisle taking away the badge let alone the halo effect. At the end of the day, regardless of how people use it, you will pull lower levels. This means you can make life easy on yourself as well as having the opportunity to help lower levels.

And IF I DO get help, the max that "helps" me treats me like trash for wasting his or her time grinding Fin Dorsal. Kingsisle, is this really what you want the Team-Up Ledger to promote? Selfish pirates that do nothing but grind Fin Dorsal all day and don't help lower levels when they ask for help?"

Might I add into addition you (and others) going into ledger and intentionally sabotaging team ledger and wasting peoples time. For example yesterday - spamming Galewind doubloons, waiting down the timer, turning off fast combat and overall trying to make the run as slow as possible. If anything this post comes off hypocritical in terms of "treats me like trash" and "players being selfish".
--
In terms of actually improving Team Up Ledger I'd suggest Kingsisle making a ranking system by difficulty of the dungeon. Once you complete the dungeon you'll receive 5 points instead of 1 - something around these lines. End of the day it comes down to Kingsisle and currently I don't have a problem with ledger but rather the people who try to waste other's time. Thanks!

Ensign
May 30, 2009
Prepare yourself for this long rant I am going to do about the Team Up Ledger. First and foremost, I agree with ALL your points. I, also have had a very negative experience with the Team-Up Ledger. It promotes selfishness, rather than selflessness. To put it bluntly, I waited an hour and a half at Motherlode Mine on my Musketeer, desperately awaiting help that never came before finally giving up and soloing Deacon. Let me repeat that. An hour and a half with no help at all. For those of you who don't know, Deacon is a tough fight. I lost Baar, Haywire Battle Angel, and Laarn, and I'd have died too had it not been for Quick Draw. I checked the Team-Up Ledger afterwards and, not surprisingly, all the maxes were busy grinding away Fin Dorsal runs to get that pointless badge, when I am here rotting away seeking actual legitimate help! Is this really what the Team-Up Ledger is supposed to promote? Selfish pirates that grind Fin Dorsal and don't help the lower levels? To add to that, I then went into Fin Dorsal to find some maxes to help me and guess what? They false reported me just because I asked for help! You were there, Dino. You can attest to that. Let's take the Team-Up Ledger to real life. Should you really expect a reward for helping people? Bit off topic, but I recently got my first job at Chicken Express, which is a fast food chain and I serve and help people all the time. Some people leave me tips that I keep, some don't tip me at all, which is fine. I really don't expect tip money or any reward of any kind waiting for me for every customer I serve. I just like keeping them happy out of the goodness of my heart. So in short, the Team-Up badges need to be removed from the game, so lower level pirates get the help they need.

Sincerely,
Well, You disabled Fast combat, Used a galewind doubloon and stalled the combat timer during a team up ledger run yesterday, Isn't that considered selfish as well? Correct me if i'm wrong

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009

Sincerely,
I agree that the ideal help might be from someone near your own level, possibly seeking a questing friend in the same area. I have also run into farmers using team up hoping for a max level to enter the fight, blast all the enemies, and leave them with loot quick. I've seen the not talking, or even saying" hi", thing on both sides of team up. I've seen people be disappointed when a non max player shows up willing to help and chat during the fights. Consider that if the one you want to help in those long dungeons doesn't have the time to finish it, enters for only 15 or 20 minutes and leaves when you need them most that might be worse. I don't see that as a reason to throw out the feature or the badge. It is getting more help available generally. Right now, there is a glut of the speedy badge farmers, but that will wear off as they get the badge they want, or give up with the tedium of it. I'm not fond of the attitude; I ran into a couple of the non friendly when I took my low level pirate in to help on the only low level dungeons available for her to help with. They were not bad pirates, just more like working with a henchman on Auto. After you complete the mine and get to Mooshu, will you go to the team up ledger to help others with the mine? I hope so. Did you try helping with any Cool Ranch dungeons on the team up ledger to find people who might be getting close to your quest? Sometimes it works to help someone catch up to you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PirateyLogan on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
Well, You disabled Fast combat, Used a galewind doubloon and stalled the combat timer during a team up ledger run yesterday, Isn't that considered selfish as well? Correct me if i'm wrong
Deliberately wrecking a farming run is about as low as you can go. Being vindictive won't solve anything.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The behavior of some of these lower to mid level players using team up isn't all innocent and light. What can be said about those who get in team up and when a full team is gathered for them, leaves the team up at the last second?
Takes two kinds to make a sucky experience, IMO.

Petty Officer
Jun 19, 2014
One thing I forgot to mention in my other post, if you take away the rewards for badges, then the people who are spamming fin will not help anyone on the team up board because there is no reward.

So why would we take away the badges? not to mention the people who are legitimately earning those badges, by helping with dungeons and difficult fights. Why should those people be left in the dirt?

Dark Ryan Ashburn

Dark Blake Ashburn

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
PirateyLogan on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
I'll disable fast combat if I want. Kingsisle made fast combat an in game option so players would have the freedom to play at an increased speed or a normal speed. If you know any of my pirates, I have fast combat permanently set to no, as I don't like it very much. Also, doubloons are within rules so therefore I have freedom to use them if I choose to. On top of that, there's no written rule in the Terms of Use that states you have to press done. What if I'm thinking of a strategy? Ever consider that? What if I'm trying to deduce possible outcomes and I don't want to end my turn yet? Sorry, but you run the risk of random people every time you use the Team-Up Ledger.

Ensign
May 30, 2009
crimsonreaper5 on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
I'll disable fast combat if I want. Kingsisle made fast combat an in game option so players would have the freedom to play at an increased speed or a normal speed. If you know any of my pirates, I have fast combat permanently set to no, as I don't like it very much. Also, doubloons are within rules so therefore I have freedom to use them if I choose to. On top of that, there's no written rule in the Terms of Use that states you have to press done. What if I'm thinking of a strategy? Ever consider that? What if I'm trying to deduce possible outcomes and I don't want to end my turn yet? Sorry, but you run the risk of random people every time you use the Team-Up Ledger.
If you're going for the terms of use excuse to troll and being selfish, Then there's something called Code of Conduct which isn't supporting trolling, What you basically did is considered trolling AND on purpose to slow everything up not just for me, But for everyone else. Not only that, You said that you'll slow the runs by stalling the timer in every run you join, Luckily i only bought a membership to discuss this on the message boards, If i had a member anytime earlier before that, I'd have reported you for trolling and the chat log would have been sent to KI.

I'd be honest and stick to what i said instead of trying to defend myself with excuses and being dishonest about how the situation happened to escape it all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You admitted to me in game that you were doing this deliberately. "It's so much fun! "
Have you thought of the consequences your "little game" might have in future Team-Ups in the Ledger? Soon max levels won't be trusting a lower level asking for help because they might be a troll wanting to destroy another's chance at gaining the badge.
Have you even thought of that?
Or, perhaps, players will notice your Pirate's names ( you've been posting all your names on the boards, all we have to do is make a note of who you are ) in a team up and decline to help you because of this attitude you've taken toward the Ledger.

Ensign
Jan 07, 2015
There's a difference between planning out moves and doing it intentionally in order to slow people down. If what the former posts are saying is true and you were intentionally trying to sabotage their runs you should work on common decency.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2013

Tier 2 badges:

Tier 3 badge:

"1.) The spirit of selfishness."

These are your own words and you're the one who went on the forums and made a rant yet now you're even spamming Team Up Ledger at Banquet Hall (For those that don't know Banquet Hall is an area in Aquila you go in and talk -- that's it then leave). Again with the hypocrisy..

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
OfTheUnKnown on Oct 7, 2017 wrote:
"1.) The spirit of selfishness."

These are your own words and you're the one who went on the forums and made a rant yet now you're even spamming Team Up Ledger at Banquet Hall (For those that don't know Banquet Hall is an area in Aquila you go in and talk -- that's it then leave). Again with the hypocrisy..
1.) Yes I did do banquet hall a lot, but only for 20-30 mins and stopped because it was repetitive and dull, unlike you people who have been going for days. I will agree this was against my original philosophy, and you are right in saying it makes me seem hypocritical. I was bored, wanted a change and decided to see what spamming was like, and alas got even more bored.

2.) However, also unlike most of you, I spent a good 3-4 hours helping people after this solidly. Miranda, Laestrygon, Lamos, Valley of monkey and more etc. You will not say this, because you were too busy grinding to notice. I could have continued the BH, but no I spent the vast majority of the time properly helping someone. Based on how I spent my time on the ledger helping people as to grinding, I would not say I was not selfish.

3.) I do not join random dungeons only to immediately leave it, possibly rendering a pirate helpless. I am not gonna play a name blame game, but I believe someone in your group did this in a certain run I was in, and a group of 4 became 3. Yes, this could have been disconnections or something else, but your exit glitch exploiting like behaviours indicated otherwise.

3.5) If we are to become fruitful again and start a civil talk, we need to put aside differences for in the game as well. Otherwise we will always be salty as we are now. How about a run of Kane tomorrow to clear things up a bit?

4.) I have no more interest in this thread. My main goal now is to make team up more rewarding for longer dungeons in my other team up shipyards thread, as it is more constructive and benefiting and actually worth a discussion. Also this thread is going to become an heated argument, no- it already has. I apologise to any readers and repliers who have found this thread a turbulent and chaotic read, and as the OP of this thread I ask the mod to lock it.