Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite companion class?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Hello pirates! I have some scrimshaw salmon with special mooshu sauce and some cool ranch tamales made by el toro(who knew he could cook?) and some el dorado enchiladas which rooster cogburn made. Now, what is your favorite class of companion? do you want a tough buccaneer like subodai? a quick swashbuckler like sarah steele? A sharpshooting musketeer like bonnie anne? A strong and willful privy like lucky jack? or a powerful hoodoo master like old scratch? Please explain why, and don't forget, the court of miracles is always watching.

Fairwell pirates!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
I'm trying not to be biased, but for me it's Privy. Privateer classes tend to be versatile, normally capable of dealing large amounts of damage and tanking. Plus, it'd great that my will boosts benefit them.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
"Oh hey look a reply"
"Who knew today was the day"
Lol anyways, I find a swashbuckler like Sarah or Contessa to be good in a fight. They can dodge many hits, and deal a great amount of damage in return.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
kingme655 on Sep 17, 2017 wrote:
Hello pirates! I have some scrimshaw salmon with special mooshu sauce and some cool ranch tamales made by el toro(who knew he could cook?) and some el dorado enchiladas which rooster cogburn made. Now, what is your favorite class of companion? do you want a tough buccaneer like subodai? a quick swashbuckler like sarah steele? A sharpshooting musketeer like bonnie anne? A strong and willful privy like lucky jack? or a powerful hoodoo master like old scratch? Please explain why, and don't forget, the court of miracles is always watching.

Fairwell pirates!
I have asked Kingsisle time and time again to add in the Buccaneer Ophidian snakes as a companion to the game because they have their own unique critical music and their own unique critical animations. On top of that, they are extremely powerful with Hold the Line and Turn the Tide. The only Ophidian companion that you can get so far is the Witchdoctor Snake and even then she isn't even that great in the first place. So my favorite class of companion would be Buccaneer, since also at least 85% of the companions I own are all Buccaneers in the first place. Perhaps I should go to the Black Market and spend my 15,291 Scrip on the Black Market Buccaneer's Banner.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 38 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 20 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Guess I better put mine. Buccaneer companions are the best because they always have more epics then other companions because of turn the tide. They are also good at offense and defense. And third, they will kill any musket companion in the spiral very quickly. That's why buck companions are awesome!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
privy, musket, and bucc.

privy: lucky jack or the march.

musket: bonnie or zeena

bucc: ratbeard.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 29, 2017 wrote:
privy, musket, and bucc.

privy: lucky jack or the march.

musket: bonnie or zeena

bucc: ratbeard.
I meant overall not best of each. And why the heck do you like zeena? zeena is trash imo.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
kingme655 on Sep 29, 2017 wrote:
I meant overall not best of each. And why the heck do you like zeena? zeena is trash imo.
oh, then I like musket bucc and privy best. and my zeena is good compared to half the underleveled companions I have.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Did anyone notice the thing I did different with this post?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
Did anyone notice the thing I did different with this post?
Because it's Companion Class, not a regular Class?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 7, 2017 wrote:
Because it's Companion Class, not a regular Class?
Nope, to players that have been reading the boards for a few years it may seem familiar, Read the post again and you might notice.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on Oct 8, 2017 wrote:
Nope, to players that have been reading the boards for a few years it may seem familiar, Read the post again and you might notice.
Hmm. Well, I've been a part of the Message Boards for almost four years, so it should be familiar enough. I'm not sure? A hint, please?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
Hmm. Well, I've been a part of the Message Boards for almost four years, so it should be familiar enough. I'm not sure? A hint, please?
The hint is the world avalon.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
Are you going to keep guessing or no?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on Oct 17, 2017 wrote:
Are you going to keep guessing or no?
L.O.L. Honestly, I have no idea. I wouldn't mind if you spill the beans.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
kingme655 on Sep 17, 2017 wrote:

Fairwell pirates!
the court of miracles thing! reminds me so much of avalon (I did that on my fire wiz on w101, so it sounds very familiar, like it could be something from that world)

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
the court of miracles thing! reminds me so much of avalon (I did that on my fire wiz on w101, so it sounds very familiar, like it could be something from that world)
The court of miracles had nothing to do with avalon but the foods did. And its from these message boards not either game. However in my court of miracles backstory it did come from avalon.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I think it depends on your class. On my buck, I like Peter Quint, Kobe Yojimbo, and normally another buccaneer (Though right now el toro) Just because my buff works on more than just me.
On my witch, I go with Swashbucklers mostly.
With my Musketeer,other musketeers.

I avoid witchdoctors, unless I am on my witch, and in most cases I use old scratch for his buff.

Misty,70
Zoe,37

Happy B-day Pirate101!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
The Stalwart Queen on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
I think it depends on your class. On my buck, I like Peter Quint, Kobe Yojimbo, and normally another buccaneer (Though right now el toro) Just because my buff works on more than just me.
On my witch, I go with Swashbucklers mostly.
With my Musketeer,other musketeers.

I avoid witchdoctors, unless I am on my witch, and in most cases I use old scratch for his buff.

Misty,70
Zoe,37

Happy B-day Pirate101!
Yes, I'm so excited for Pirate101's birthday!

(P.S. I just now realized they added the birthday emoji that was in the game before it came out! )

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Well, one of my favourites? As far as classes go, Bucks and Swashes, the main melee classes are up there.Swashies are notorious for their hides and double-damage stab attacks and the ability to Jump with some companions. Bucks can tank hits and strike back with ferocius Vengeance Strike chains. The best example o an amazing Buck is Hawkules. Aside from classes, I quite enjoy what exacly the companion is. Take the Chicken Sheriff, and the Cutthroat Pirate for example. Ingame enemies. And from battling them i've grown to like them a lot, and having a companion of them is great. Boss examples include the Valvida brothers, Fin Dorsal, and Corporal Sanders. I'd love to hear your opinion, though!

Hardy Quinn
''I am everyone, everywhere
Anyhow, any way, any will, any day'' -Crush 40, 'I Am.. All of Me...'

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
L.O.L. Honestly, I have no idea. I wouldn't mind if you spill the beans.
Just saw this a half month late. to find the answer, search up the word avalon in the user part of the searching. Then you will find the connection to all of the foods.