Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

any doctor who fans here?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Apr 24, 2016
truth be told, I have only seen, 2 twelfth doctor episodes. 3 if you count his cameo at the end of the day of the doctor, or 4 if you count that one 10th doctor era episode. what was it called? oh yeah! I think it was called the fires of pompeii, but don't quote me on that. donna noble was the companion. I think it also had a cameo from karen gillian from the eleventh era. idk why but I am not a big fan of that episode.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
I think I remember when I started watching doctor who, and I think it was a year or two ago. I think it was during the summer, but idk. I had woke up at like, 6 am, and wanted to look for something to watch for a bit. I scrolled over bbc america, and the tenth doctor episode "midnight" was playing. ya know? the one where the doctor gets trapped on a train thing (idk) on a different planet, and there is this thingy that made the girl, sky I think her name was, repeat everything that was said? idk. I was like "if this isn't good, I am going to watch shark tank or something." I clicked on doctor who, and was instantly hooked within like the first 5 minutes.

and another add on question, what's your favorite line from doctor who (movies or books)? I have one.

from the book, the silurian gift. right after chapter nine ends, at the top under where it says chapter ten. the line was: "oh, my head." said by the eleventh doctor.

its my second favorite book!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 17, 2017 wrote:
I think I remember when I started watching doctor who, and I think it was a year or two ago. I think it was during the summer, but idk. I had woke up at like, 6 am, and wanted to look for something to watch for a bit. I scrolled over bbc america, and the tenth doctor episode "midnight" was playing. ya know? the one where the doctor gets trapped on a train thing (idk) on a different planet, and there is this thingy that made the girl, sky I think her name was, repeat everything that was said? idk. I was like "if this isn't good, I am going to watch shark tank or something." I clicked on doctor who, and was instantly hooked within like the first 5 minutes.

and another add on question, what's your favorite line from doctor who (movies or books)? I have one.

from the book, the silurian gift. right after chapter nine ends, at the top under where it says chapter ten. the line was: "oh, my head." said by the eleventh doctor.

I already posted my favorite line: "Don't worry I won't hurt you." said to a room of threatening warriors.
Let's go everyone, show the love of this longest running sci-fi classic!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 17, 2017 wrote:

typo: I mean episodes, not movies.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
well, I just saw the doctor who episode, "the unicorn and the wasp" and I can now say, I love it! from how I watched it, my favorite part was around the 21 minute mark. It didn't have commercials, so it wasn't a hour long. it was about 44 to 45 minutes long.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
updated list of favorites!

1: the end of time

2: the doctor falls

3: the eleventh hour

4: smith and jones

5: the unicorn and the wasp

6: rose

that's it fer now!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:
Hmmm, Toss up between Blink and Are You My Mommy?
I thought it was " are you my mummy?" not sure lol. didn't get to that episode yet (I have to buy mine from the google play store, cause they don't air the ninth doctor episodes anymore for some reason). anyways I forgot something for my update favorites list!

gridlock!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
and a follow up question, who's your favorite and least favorite villains from the show?

my favorite enemies? a tie between the master/missy, the cybermen, and the daleks.

least favorite? a tie between the silence and the weeping angels.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
I don't know a thing about doctor who so can someone please explain it?

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
kingme655 on Oct 1, 2017 wrote:
I don't know a thing about doctor who so can someone please explain it?
i will! or well, ill try to lol!

doctor who is a show about a time travelling alien called the doctor. he usually travels with a companion or companions. the show has had 13 doctors so far. 12 if you don't count the war doctor, who came in between the 9th and 8th doctors and only appeared in 3 episodes, the day of the doctor, the night of the doctor, and the name of the doctor. anyways. the doctor, of course, has enemies. like all good shows. some of them I have only seen appear in one episode, like the vespiform in the unicorn and the wasp, or the clockworks in the girl in the fire place. the doctor has his own tv movie, titled, of course, doctor who. the show started back in the 1960s, so you can imagine how old it is, over 50 years! anyways lol. the doctor has been played by a number of actors.

if someone else wants to finish this, that would be great, if not, Ill try to later.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 30, 2017 wrote:
updated list of favorites!

1: the end of time

2: the doctor falls

3: the eleventh hour

4: smith and jones

5: the unicorn and the wasp

6: rose

that's it fer now!
7: gridlock

8: oxygen

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 1, 2017 wrote:
i will! or well, ill try to lol!

doctor who is a show about a time travelling alien called the doctor. he usually travels with a companion or companions. the show has had 13 doctors so far. 12 if you don't count the war doctor, who came in between the 9th and 8th doctors and only appeared in 3 episodes, the day of the doctor, the night of the doctor, and the name of the doctor. anyways. the doctor, of course, has enemies. like all good shows. some of them I have only seen appear in one episode, like the vespiform in the unicorn and the wasp, or the clockworks in the girl in the fire place. the doctor has his own tv movie, titled, of course, doctor who. the show started back in the 1960s, so you can imagine how old it is, over 50 years! anyways lol. the doctor has been played by a number of actors.

if someone else wants to finish this, that would be great, if not, Ill try to later.
Well, if you want a little more detail:
The Dr. comes from the world of Gallifrey ( sp? ) The Dr. is also a Time Lord.This world developed space/time technology. He travels in a machine called a T.A.R.D.I.S. ( Time And Relative Dimensions In Space ). Early on it lost it's a ability to blend into it's surroundings so it ( almost ) always looks like a Police Call Box, which was a nice way to save on the special effects.
There was also a rogue Time Lord called The Master.
If you play W101, then you meet a reference to this show in guise of an NPC called "The Professor" in the Five BOXES event.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 2, 2017 wrote:
The Dr. comes from the world of Gallifrey ( sp? ) The Dr. is also a Time Lord.This world developed space/time technology. He travels in a machine called a T.A.R.D.I.S. ( Time And Relative Dimensions In Space ). Early on it lost it's a ability to blend into it's surroundings so it ( almost ) always looks like a Police Call Box, which was a nice way to save on the special effects.
If you play W101, then you meet a reference to this show in guise of an NPC called "The Professor" in the Five BOXES event.
Weren't a couple quests in w101 with the professor that had more references? like the quest relative dimensions which I now know is a reference to the tardis.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
I know that so I was gonna type it later.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Let's hear it for supporting characters, like Stormageddon and his dad, and Rorry's dad. Some of the most hilarious episodes were when the doctor had to "slow down" and live like a normal person, what he thought was normal anyway. Stormageddon's dad might look a little familiar to late night TV viewers. Loved those 2 episodes!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
you might of forgot a detail there miss anecorbie! the doctor, unlike normal humans, has two hearts! as seen in "smith and jones" and "the shakespear code", and said by the twelfth doctor to the master and missy, "one, to a two. one heart to two hearts!", no? don't quote me on this, not exactly sure.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 5, 2017 wrote:
you might of forgot a detail there miss anecorbie! the doctor, unlike normal humans, has two hearts! as seen in "smith and jones" and "the shakespear code", and said by the twelfth doctor to the master and missy, "one, to a two. one heart to two hearts!", no? don't quote me on this, not exactly sure.
I didn't forget, I just thought it was a bit too much detail, after all he's an alien, so no one should be at all surprised that he has a different anatomy.
I remember one quote ( from the Tom Baker Dr. ) about his double heart: " One for use and one for show." ( as if it were a handkerchief! )

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
wasn't david tennant in a harry potter movie? not sure. if he was, what movie?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
wasn't david tennant in a harry potter movie? not sure. if he was, what movie?
As Barty Crouch,Jr. Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Oct 10, 2017 wrote:
As Barty Crouch,Jr. Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire
thanks! much appreciated, miss anecorbie. ill have to watch these movies (and read the books lol), I have only read one of the books, the first one I think. anyways! (to all who read this and watch the movies) are these movies any good? I only saw part of one, and that was a couple months ago. I might start watching them, they sound interesting (no no, I don't mean because of david tennant. don't even go there lol).

allons-y! XD

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 1, 2017 wrote:
7: gridlock

8: oxygen
9: the parting of ways. my favorite part of this one was when the doctor regenerates

10: heaven sent. my favorite part of this one (I hope this isn't a spoiler) is when the doctor gets back to gallifrey.

11: the rings of akhaten. my favorite part of this one is when the planet parasite thing, grandfather I think, takes the doctor's memories (at least I think he did xD).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 11, 2017 wrote:
thanks! much appreciated, miss anecorbie. ill have to watch these movies (and read the books lol), I have only read one of the books, the first one I think. anyways! (to all who read this and watch the movies) are these movies any good? I only saw part of one, and that was a couple months ago. I might start watching them, they sound interesting (no no, I don't mean because of david tennant. don't even go there lol).

allons-y! XD
In my opinion the books are much better, you get to see thoughts and motives of the people involved. Movies have to take a lot out of a book, and some change things around.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 11, 2017 wrote:

allons-y! XD
In my opinion the movies are good but the books are better.

Petty Officer
May 27, 2009
Yes, yes I am. I'm currently waiting for season ten I think. And yes, this post is meant to weed out the nerds of p101, and yes we are all nerds! Don't deny your inner nerd, don't be ashamed. Let your inner nerd shine. Thank you thank you very much.

Bold Ryan Richardson max lvl
Cruel Bart Sharp lvl 34
Gangly Diego Underhill lvl 27- in training

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
ryan, I watched the season ten finale (AKA the doctor falls) a couple months ago, like the night after or so it premiered, how are you getting your DW episodes?

so the harry potter books are better? alright then. since I am a total booknerd (don't judge me) this is fantastic! (ninth doctor reference there XD)

and I only saw the missy version of the master, the time the master was played in the end of time as a child, and john simm. in my opinion, I liked the simm version the best. (one of the last name choices we need added, along with tennant, matt ((as a first name if its not one already)) and smith. ooh, and clara too ((again as a first name))!)

also, is anyone excited for the next doctor?!?! I can't wait until Christmas! ugh, why can't I own a working TARDIS? XD
or why cant the professor (or the doctor XD) take me to Christmas so I can watch it!

ooh we need a quest based around "the crimson horror" or with some easter eggs to it in it. and yes yes, some classic who easter eggs too.