Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witch Hunter Issues

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 25, 2012
I believe that there was a thread made about this earlier (maybe a while back), but I couldn't find it so I've made this thread on the topic of witch hunter's new function. I know that a while back witch hunter was changed from reducing the outgoing weapon power of the recipient of the witch hunter to reducing the incoming damage to witch attacks that use weapon power on the caster of witch hunter. However, I have noticed no damage reduction from witch hunter whatsoever when it activates post-update. An instance where it is particularly clear that no damage reduction is occurring is when I am fighting enemies (such as Moo Manchu the First) who have improved mojo blast 2. This means that they are using weapon power, and since it is an AoE using weapon power it makes it easy to compare the damage that is being done on me vs. my companions. From the experimentation that I have done in this kind of scenario, there is next to no difference in damage being dealt to me or my companions, with the only minor difference in damage attributable to my higher resistance (but the difference does not anywhere near approach 50%). Additionally, there isn't a visible buff placed on you reducing damage when witch hunter activates (which I don't think is necessarily related to witch hunter working or not, but I think it'd be nice to be able to see something happen when the talent activates, although this is just my opinion ). Is there something that I'm missing here Ratbeard, or is there really a glitch with this talent?

Thanks,
Quinn

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Good question. Other special abilities, I can see when they happen, but witch hunter, it seems like the times it works is so rare. Isn't it only activated when you get hit by magic from only one square away? Or is it any magical attack that activates it? Is the damage reduction only to the one with witch hunter or does it cover crew that are standing next to him?

Ensign
Sep 25, 2012
Well, witch hunter seems to be unique because it will activate regardless of weapon type (so the activation is based upon your range). A buccaneer wielding a smashy weapon will only be able to use witch hunter one square away from the magic user, while a musketeer with a gun can use it anywhere from
4-6 squares away (depending on the range of their weapon). The way the damage used to work was as a debuff, meaning that any further hits the witch doctor did using weapon power on any enemy would be reduced by 50%, but now it seems as though it is supposed to function as a valor's fortress of sorts, meaning that it only reduces the incoming witchy weapon power damage on the user of the witch hunter. I understand that this change was made for balance (which is completely fine), however my issue is that it does not seem to be functioning properly, if at all.

See ye in the skyways,
Quinn