Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Quest to Beat Kane (Again)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Hello! I recently beat Kane for the first time on my Witch (Yay!!) I have done just about everything I wanted to do with my , so I decided to make a new pirate! Then I ran into a the question of, "Which class should I choose?" Well, I looked over the details of each class and I can't decide! they all look great!! Then I had an idea, Someone should choose for me! and who better to choose than the people that have the most experience! So just respond with which class I should play and why and I'll play as the first class mentioned! Thank you!

~ Kai (fresh) lvl 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate Kai on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
Hello! I recently beat Kane for the first time on my Witch (Yay!!) I have done just about everything I wanted to do with my , so I decided to make a new pirate! Then I ran into a the question of, "Which class should I choose?" Well, I looked over the details of each class and I can't decide! they all look great!! Then I had an idea, Someone should choose for me! and who better to choose than the people that have the most experience! So just respond with which class I should play and why and I'll play as the first class mentioned! Thank you!

~ Kai (fresh) lvl 70
All classes ARE great! So why not make one of each?
I must say though, that my favorite class is Swashbuckler ( and I soloed Kane on this class! )
Anecorbie level 70

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Hello! I have pretty decent experience with all classes (except musketeer) so I thought I would give my opinion on the topic. I would recommend Buccaneer as it's one of the easier classes to level and some of the companions you get (an example of this being Peter Quint) can be really fun to work with. Of course me being a privateer Im going to promote Privateer, but since they cant do much for themselves and have to mostly rely on their companions I would only recommend it if your looking for more of a challenge.

Hope this helps you make your decision and see you in the spiral!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016

~ Kai (fresh) lvl 70
I think........ you should try out privy. its got all kinds of spells, like the big guns, gunnery, all kinds of stuff! and heals. you can get higher health. and you can get different companions for free! I love this class! but if you don't want to, Its fine, I would suggest trying it out.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

~ Kai (fresh) lvl 70
Well, it depends on how many Pirates and Classes you already have. Please respond telling me how many Classes of different Pirates you have and I'll get back to you.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
I suggest going musket. they can handle kane and the others just fine (aside from rooke) with little or no trouble. not to mention allot of range.

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
All classes ARE great! So why not make one of each?
I must say though, that my favorite class is Swashbuckler ( and I soloed Kane on this class! )
Anecorbie level 70
Hmm... soloing Kane as a Swashbuckler... Challenge accepted!!

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Alex the Pirate on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
Hello! I have pretty decent experience with all classes (except musketeer) so I thought I would give my opinion on the topic. I would recommend Buccaneer as it's one of the easier classes to level and some of the companions you get (an example of this being Peter Quint) can be really fun to work with. Of course me being a privateer Im going to promote Privateer, but since they cant do much for themselves and have to mostly rely on their companions I would only recommend it if your looking for more of a challenge.

Hope this helps you make your decision and see you in the spiral!
Thanks for the input! Hopefully you'll see my Buccaneer and Privateer in the spiral soon!

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
I think........ you should try out privy. its got all kinds of spells, like the big guns, gunnery, all kinds of stuff! and heals. you can get higher health. and you can get different companions for free! I love this class! but if you don't want to, Its fine, I would suggest trying it out.
Thanks! I don't think I'll make a Privateer just yet, because it seems to be the most similar to Witchdoctor and I want to play the game from a more hands on style rather than sitting back like witch. I can assure you that you'll see me as a privateer some time in the future though!

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Helpful Aurora Par... on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:
Well, it depends on how many Pirates and Classes you already have. Please respond telling me how many Classes of different Pirates you have and I'll get back to you.
Right now I just have a Witchdoctor, but I'm leaning towards making a Swashbuckler or Buccaneer. Which do you suggest?

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
the minutemen on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:
I suggest going musket. they can handle kane and the others just fine (aside from rooke) with little or no trouble. not to mention allot of range.
Sounds great to me! I'll be sailing the spiral as a musketeer in the future!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013

~ Kai (fresh) lvl 70
I suggest buccaneer, its the best class if used correctly (not many people know how since its more complicated than it looks, more of a expert player class) but its op, stack a ton of damage reducing buffs then frenzy at full health, 10-20 health off if you do it right (plus bucks tend not to miss if you get good gear lol)

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
TheDragonspyrePira... on Aug 29, 2017 wrote:
I suggest buccaneer, its the best class if used correctly (not many people know how since its more complicated than it looks, more of a expert player class) but its op, stack a ton of damage reducing buffs then frenzy at full health, 10-20 health off if you do it right (plus bucks tend not to miss if you get good gear lol)
Interesting! and thanks for the great strategy!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Pirate Kai on Aug 28, 2017 wrote:
Right now I just have a Witchdoctor, but I'm leaning towards making a Swashbuckler or Buccaneer. Which do you suggest?
I'd say Swashbuckler. Like Anecorbie, that Class is my favorite: It's full of shadows and mystique. It's also very OP (Overpowered) and can definitely pack a punch.

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Helpful Aurora Par... on Aug 30, 2017 wrote:
I'd say Swashbuckler. Like Anecorbie, that Class is my favorite: It's full of shadows and mystique. It's also very OP (Overpowered) and can definitely pack a punch.
Awesome, thanks!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Pirate Kai on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
Awesome, thanks!
You're welcome!