Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Treasure Map Rewards.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I think, as a pirate game, there needs to be more treasure obtained by basically:

1.) Finding a treasure map (or pieces of a treasure map) in your pirates journeys

2.) Going to that location, and finding a dungeon or something

3.) Secret Dungeon gives cool unique loot/armor/pets etc, gold, and depending on nature of certain maps, a unique reward.

Now to elaborate:

1.) FINDING A TREASURE MAP:

Treasure maps can be found in secret places. When a pirate is close by, Ratbeard or another matey will hint and say something like "yarr I be feeling a treasure map near here" or something. Maps can also be obtained by defeating major bosses, or getting certain badges. Some maps are so legendary that they don't come in one piece, but 2 or 3 at most. In such a case, pirates would need to obtain all pieces to create a complete map. [1]

Treasure Maps also give an indication of what level a pirate should be before attempting to find the treasure.

2.) X marks the Spot.

Once the treasure is obtained, pirates can venture into wherever the treasure map leads them to. The cool thing is a treasure Map found in Valencia could lead you to Aquila!, or what not. Once here, pirates find a secret location (i.e some cave, or water dungeon, or boss ship battle), which is actually a dungeon. Perhaps there could even be a secret room in already normal dungeons!

3.) TREASURE!!!

After defeating the dungeon, pirates get rare treasure. Legendary maps (i.e from obtaining Master of Moo [2]) give you a house, ship or something cool!

Be warned though. These dungeons will be extremely difficult (on par with Valenica 2), and must be soloed.

Notes:
[1] I am unsure if treasure maps should give you complete information of where to go, or a rough idea with some clues...
[2] See "badges should give more awards" thread. I sorta had both ideas simultaneously but could not link them since they are separate topics

Ensign
Jun 12, 2009
With the treasure map, I know that Sid Meier's Pirates! has treasure maps which you receive after defeating nefarious pirates on the seas. With these maps, you only get a certain piece of the map, and once you have the entire map, the map shows a layout of the area where the treasure is buried with landmarks around it and a hint at the top (such as "Search northeast of Santo Domingo"), and then you search in the area for the treasure, so something similar could work.