Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Holiday pets

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Let's discuss anything you like about any of the holiday pets. Questions or comments welcome.
I hope you had good luck with the Christmas in July boxes. I did. I got the Yuletide- Shark, Crawler, and Paper Dragon, and a Paper Chain snake, Festive Candy Dragon and a Snowfall Fawn! I love the look of the Yuletide Paper Dragon, and it's attacks are so different and funny, and musical. It also looks like there might be good talents hiding in their pedigrees. I'm looking forward to getting them to adult for morphing, to mix them with other strong pets.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
People seem sure that the Christmas pets don't have hybrids, but that seems strange to me. Not all of the hybrids in game have been found (most, but not all), and more are being worked on. The Spring pets have hybrids, Sundango and Flameingo. Why not the Christmas ones? The Christmas pets have been around for a while, seems possible one could have been added at some point. Seems like there ought to be at least one hybrid possible for each holiday. What do you think?

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Back when the Christmas pets were first released, Decius had mentioned that Holiday pets were off limits for hybrids (at the time the Marshadillows were the exception). But now holiday pets are on the picture for possible new hybrids, or at least able to make existing ones (such as the Hunny-Bunny and the Sarlac Scylla being both holiday pets and hybrids).

However, existing Christmas pets haven't been known to produce hybrids, despite some of them being very common such as the Snowfall Fawn, Santa Claws, and Ostrich in a Pear Tree. It is possible some of the less common Christmas pets could produce hybrids, but Holiday pets as a whole aren't well known to bring new hybrids to the table. It is possible they could produce a new hybrid in the future, but it's very unlikely it would happen because they're technically only obtainable at certain times of the year as a first generation pet, which is most likely why Holiday pets weren't considered for hybrids because they can be limited.

Still, thanks to morphing being more prominent these days, the Holidays pets are more common and easily obtainable without worrying about time constraints, so I hope at least some Christmas pets can join the other Holiday pets for hybrid possibilities.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Here's hoping they do add some more hybrids for them. I would think having a hybrid in their mixes might encourage people to get them when they are available. I'd wondered if some of the less common ones might be harboring undiscovered hybrids, because they might not have been morphed often enough discover any. It would be interesting if there was a chance to get a random different holiday pet by morphing a holiday pet. It wouldn't exactly be a hybrid, because it already existed, but would be interesting, for example, if hatching ostrich in a pear tree with a chameleon, or fish, could yield the parent type, or a springtime yeti or a Valentine pet about as often as Hybrids usually show up.
It seems Decius made new pet creation less easy than he wishes. I guess that's why they were concentrating on year round pets for hybrids.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
One thing I just remembered is that the Red and Green Baubleloons (both being Christmas pets) are also known to make hybrids, the Cheerful and Verdant Tinsel Owls respectively when morphed with the Mechanical Owl. Unfortunately, as far as I know they aren't box pets (I could be wrong on that one, but I haven't obtained either of them and I haven't heard otherwise).

I hope that there will be future Holiday pets that could also make hybrids, or at least make new hybrids for older pets. At least there's a chance that it could happen.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kit Kat Kit on Aug 16, 2017 wrote:
One thing I just remembered is that the Red and Green Baubleloons (both being Christmas pets) are also known to make hybrids, the Cheerful and Verdant Tinsel Owls respectively when morphed with the Mechanical Owl. Unfortunately, as far as I know they aren't box pets (I could be wrong on that one, but I haven't obtained either of them and I haven't heard otherwise).

I hope that there will be future Holiday pets that could also make hybrids, or at least make new hybrids for older pets. At least there's a chance that it could happen.
I think I may have received one from a box, then again, it could've been a boss drop from Moo during the season or even from Wranglin'. Sorry if this doesn't help you, I just can't remember how I got my Green Bumbaloon.

Admiral
May 30, 2010

They aren't box pets, but if you open a 4-lock GPC, there is a chance you'll get one of the baubleloons or the ostrich in a pear tree. I know I've gotten them that way.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009

I was lucky and got a green baubleloon somewhere, guess I'll have to see if anyone with a Mechanical owl wants to hatch.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Is the Karma Chameleon considered a seasonal pet? I ask because I got one from a holiday box this month.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I haven't found any birthday pets yet, strangely the presents keep vanishing. For those who have, which pets seem to be the best? Have you found one that looks good for a particular class? Any with really exciting talents or powers?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Thought I'd add this list Indigo compiled to this thread. If you find any more, please add them.

"News is scattered in different threads, but it looks like folks have so far reported finding five new birthday pets:

Birthday Card Dragon
Birthday Bubblefish
Birthday Scylla
Birthday Dimetrosaur
Birthday Chameleon.

-Indigo"

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Calamity Finch on Oct 27, 2017 wrote:
Thought I'd add this list Indigo compiled to this thread. If you find any more, please add them.

"News is scattered in different threads, but it looks like folks have so far reported finding five new birthday pets:

Birthday Card Dragon
Birthday Bubblefish
Birthday Scylla
Birthday Dimetrosaur
Birthday Chameleon.

-Indigo"

5 new pets for Pirate 101's fifth birthday. Clever.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I managed to get all the birthday pets so if you can find me in (surprise) Avery Court or in the morphing tent be sure to ask I would be happy to morph.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Avery Court Grace on Oct 29, 2017 wrote:
I managed to get all the birthday pets so if you can find me in (surprise) Avery Court or in the morphing tent be sure to ask I would be happy to morph.
Congrats on getting them all! I'm stuck trying to get the chameleon (although Indigo managed to snag one) and the demetrosaur, but one day....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Don't forget, these birthday pets will be only available during the birthday celebrations and won't be coming back! this is according to Decius in the recent KingsIsle Live!
( I finally got a Birthday Card Dragon! )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 30, 2017 wrote:
Don't forget, these birthday pets will be only available during the birthday celebrations and won't be coming back! this is according to Decius in the recent KingsIsle Live!
( I finally got a Birthday Card Dragon! )
Does this mean that the birthday pets are not available through morphing? I finally got one of the birthday pets too, a Birthday Chameleon.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Calamity Finch on Oct 31, 2017 wrote:
Does this mean that the birthday pets are not available through morphing? I finally got one of the birthday pets too, a Birthday Chameleon.
They are available through morphing.... Decius said so! Please see: http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61329-New-Birthday-pet-hybrid(s)&p=304681#post304681.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 1, 2017 wrote:
They are available through morphing.... Decius said so! Please see: http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61329-New-Birthday-pet-hybrid(s)&p=304681#post304681.
Thanks for the info! Anecorbie, could you clarify how this fits in with what you said, " ...these birthday pets will be only available during the birthday celebrations and won't be coming back! this is according to Decius..." Does that mean that they won't be in next year's birthday boxes, different birthday pets will be? Intriguing.
After opening loads of boxes yesterday, I managed to get the other 4 birthday pets on one of my other pirates.
I thought it might be interesting to morph the Birthday Card Dragon with the Birthday Scylla, given that they have the highest pedigrees in the bunch. The dragon looks good, was surprised it looked so yellow, expected it to look more like the Festive Candy Dragon, except pink with yellow trim. The Birthday Dimetrosaur has some interesting looking attacks. The fire breathing was unexpected, because I hadn't really seen the type in action.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I think there is a 6th pet in the boxes, a birthday cake crawlie. Sadly, my pack and bank filled up and it was destroyed. Anyone else get this one? Is it from last year?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Nov 1, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for the info! Anecorbie, could you clarify how this fits in with what you said, " ...these birthday pets will be only available during the birthday celebrations and won't be coming back! this is according to Decius..." Does that mean that they won't be in next year's birthday boxes, different birthday pets will be? Intriguing.
After opening loads of boxes yesterday, I managed to get the other 4 birthday pets on one of my other pirates.
I thought it might be interesting to morph the Birthday Card Dragon with the Birthday Scylla, given that they have the highest pedigrees in the bunch. The dragon looks good, was surprised it looked so yellow, expected it to look more like the Festive Candy Dragon, except pink with yellow trim. The Birthday Dimetrosaur has some interesting looking attacks. The fire breathing was unexpected, because I hadn't really seen the type in action.
I think it was meant that these pets were only for the Fifth Birthday celebration and won't be back for next year's birthday.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I created a special loot table that would only run on the 5th birthday week. That is where some of these new ones came from.
Maybe on year 10 I will re-enable them. But I did make sure that they all were available as a hybrid. So not all is lost if you didn't get one from the presents.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 2, 2017 wrote:
I created a special loot table that would only run on the 5th birthday week. That is where some of these new ones came from.
Maybe on year 10 I will re-enable them. But I did make sure that they all were available as a hybrid. So not all is lost if you didn't get one from the presents.
wow super sweet of ya! :3 i couldnt get any xD but i did try lol.. i do have a birthday cake crawlie though i would be willing to share.. ;D be neat if it was one of the parents for these new possible hybrids <3
stormy jen silver

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 2, 2017 wrote:
Took me opening about 1,200 presents and 5 to 6 hours of my time but I managed to get at least 2 copies of each one so both of my pirates could have them. If ever make another pirate(s) could I morph 2 of any of the new birthday pets and for sure get another birthday pet with similar or the same talent pool?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 7, 2017 wrote:
Took me opening about 1,200 presents and 5 to 6 hours of my time but I managed to get at least 2 copies of each one so both of my pirates could have them. If ever make another pirate(s) could I morph 2 of any of the new birthday pets and for sure get another birthday pet with similar or the same talent pool?
It sounds like the birthday pets are hybrids too, but the parents may or may not be a birthday pet. It might be that you would need to morph with something that is non- birthday to get a particular birthday hybrid. Since you already have birthday pets, and are talking about getting copies of them for a future pirate, it will be much easier for you. Just morph 2 birthday pets together. You will get one of the parent's type as a result. The talents and powers will be a mix of each parent, so it might even be better than the original. If you discover that morphing 2 birthday pets together gives you a pet that is neither of them, please tell us, because it could be an unknown hybrid!