Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Weapons for July

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I know that this suggestion is too late to be implemented in the game right now; but maybe next year it can be.
I would like to see Firework type weapons designed for July Celebrations - there are at least 3 of these going on in July: not only our Independence Day , but Canada Day ( July 1st ) & Bastille Day ( July 13th ).
So maybe these weapons can "spark - up" ( get it? ) some holiday cheer in July.
A Sparkler Staff ( staffy weapon )
Roman Candles ( stabby weapon )
Bottle Rockets ( shooty weapon )
And if you guys ( & gals ) have suggestions for July weapons - Fire Away!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Not a weapon idea- but a soaring eagle pet very much like this recent mount would be sick. In fact any eagle pet would make me happy. Also I am bit out of the loop on things cause I am so tired and forgetting everything but celebrating other cultures, like Chinese new year for example, would be nice if p101 has not done this yet.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 4, 2017 wrote:
I know that this suggestion is too late to be implemented in the game right now; but maybe next year it can be.
I would like to see Firework type weapons designed for July Celebrations - there are at least 3 of these going on in July: not only our Independence Day , but Canada Day ( July 1st ) & Bastille Day ( July 13th ).
So maybe these weapons can "spark - up" ( get it? ) some holiday cheer in July.
A Sparkler Staff ( staffy weapon )
Roman Candles ( stabby weapon )
Bottle Rockets ( shooty weapon )
And if you guys ( & gals ) have suggestions for July weapons - Fire Away!
That's a wonderful idea, Esperanza!

I cannot wait to get one of these Firework Weapons! You bet I'll be saving up!

But, Esperanza, what are the prices for these? Are they in the Crown Shop where you have to pay Crowns, or you could switch to Gold? Is it in the Ranked PvP section (Brawlin' Hall) where you have to get it with Scrip? Please, as Catbeard said, the juicy details!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
That's a wonderful idea, Esperanza!

I cannot wait to get one of these Firework Weapons! You bet I'll be saving up!

But, Esperanza, what are the prices for these? Are they in the Crown Shop where you have to pay Crowns, or you could switch to Gold? Is it in the Ranked PvP section (Brawlin' Hall) where you have to get it with Scrip? Please, as Catbeard said, the juicy details!
I imagine they would be Crown shop items & only available for July. ( The way the Nutcracker wand is available during Christmas ). They could also appear in Gift Boxes during Birth-o-ween and Christmas celebrations. They would be only level 10 and stitch-able ( with no special cards or unique animations ). They'll just be throwing off sparks.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Golden Guardian on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
Not a weapon idea- but a soaring eagle pet very much like this recent mount would be sick. In fact any eagle pet would make me happy. Also I am bit out of the loop on things cause I am so tired and forgetting everything but celebrating other cultures, like Chinese new year for example, would be nice if p101 has not done this yet.
Being an American company, KI really only pays attention to American holidays. And it is understandable, if a wee bit annoying to have more American culture crammed down your throat, if you're not American. But, as I said, KI is American, and I always have the choice of putting up with a cultural-centric game, or just leaving the game instead.

I do like Anecorbie's idea of firework weapons that are less culturaly specific, rather than a large mount with the American flag splashed garishily across it. I don't want that mount, honestly, to me, it's not attractive at all. I don't understand the American obsession over your flag. It's just a flag, why plaster it over everything you see?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
Being an American company, KI really only pays attention to American holidays. And it is understandable, if a wee bit annoying to have more American culture crammed down your throat, if you're not American. But, as I said, KI is American, and I always have the choice of putting up with a cultural-centric game, or just leaving the game instead.

I do like Anecorbie's idea of firework weapons that are less culturaly specific, rather than a large mount with the American flag splashed garishily across it. I don't want that mount, honestly, to me, it's not attractive at all. I don't understand the American obsession over your flag. It's just a flag, why plaster it over everything you see?
The Maple Leaf is your country's flag, a symbol of Canada,, don't you feel a certain fondness for it? And actually, there are other countries that do use those colors of Red, White and Blue ( Britain & France, for example. )
I did want to be inclusive to players from other countries - I know so many in the game.
Honestly, if this game was located in another country ( that spoke English as the predominate language ) I wouldn't mind celebrations of their culture.
Yet Pirate101 does includes other culture's celebrations - St. Patrick's Day & Cinco de Mayo. It could also be worse, since KI is located in Texas, we could have a whole ship load to Texan stuff!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

People & other cultures show patriotism in many different ways. Who's to say who is right & who is wrong?Honestly, what's the big deal if American's are proud of their country's flag? Besides, it is not just a flag, or a mixing of pointless colors & shapes.

It's a symbol of freedom, unification & the American Spirit. Many Americans have proudly given their lives to serve & protect this country (and many other countries), & the spirit of freedom. That flag isn't just decorative "plaster" to the many who know loved ones who gave up their own liberties, so that others may be free. Scarlet, truthfully I have always sensed a lot of resentment & possibly ill-will towards our country -- been quite a few defamatory comments over the years. No country or system is perfect. No culture has done everything "perfectly right". No civilization has made all the right moves...and we are certainly no different in those regards -- we are all human, after all. But I'm happy & feel a sense of pride for any patriotism that you may feel for your own country & heritage, and the same goes for other cultures/countries, as well. Why is it so difficult to feel the same (or at least show the same respect)?

Americans are proud (overly, at times) & love their country, too. Some show it in different ways than others, but it doesn't mean that anyone should be disrespectful of alternative expressions of pride towards ones own country. And to speak so disrespectfully & put down other human beings' beliefs, displays of honor & country's color/shape choices (regardless of nationality)...in my opinion, that's just a tad petty & saddening to me.

I may not agree with every other culture's beliefs, history and/or ways of showing pride, but I do respect their right to honor their own heritage & those that served their country -- as long as it's done in a way that causes no harm, or is not degrading, towards others.

It's a meaningful symbol & much more than just garish shapes, cloth & colors on a stick.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

On second thought, I really must address that KI "only pays attention to American holidays" & having "American culture crammed down your throat".
What holidays besides July 4th and Thanksgiving are uniquely "American"?
Halloween? Most Christian countries celebrate this holiday in some form.
Christmas? That's a major holiday in all Christian countries.
Not much going on for New Year's or Chinese New Year's Celebrations.with KI.
Valentine's Day is commemorated here as a "Friendship Festival", Many European countries recognize this holiday. Are you going to tell me that Canada doesn't celebrate this holiday?
St. Patrick's Day is a traditional celebration by the Irish, but has been joyfully accepted in America as a good excuse for a party. Don't tell me that Canada doesn't celebrate this also.
April Fool's Day? Most European countries have traditional events for this holiday.
Cinco de Mayo is celebrated here as "Pirates de Mayo". This is a Mexican holiday.
And that's all the holidays that KI celebrates.
Now, of the 7 worlds represented in P101, only one represents part of America's history & culture - Cool Ranch; but even that includes a reference to Mexico and Colonial Spanish California.
As to your issue with a decorated Red, White & Blue Eagle Mount - no one's forcing you to buy or even giving it to you as a gift. Personally, I think it's gaudy. I would have preferred a simple Bald Eagle.
I'm sorry to have gone on for so long, but your post comes off more "grumpy" than Canadian Proud.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I apologise that my post offended. Rereading it now, it is a rather harsh statement.
I was raised learning a rather strong anti-american sentiment, which I have done my best to move away from, but at times still shows itself, as it has done in my previous post.

Again I apologise.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Actually, I sort of owe you an apology about American Culture: I've recently been playing through the early content. When something is part of your mental landscape, you don't notice cultural references until someone points them out.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
But, I won't apologise for saying that Anecorbie's idea of fireworks weapons is an awesome idea!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
wish there was some item that would scream USA USA USA USA whenever i get a crit

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I never intended this post to become a discussion on Nationalism. To prevent further animosities, I'm asking for this post to be locked.
This is not to be considered a reflection on anyone who has posted, thank you.