Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Combo Weapons and Epics

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 24, 2012
Correct me if i'm wrong but from what I've seen when I play, epics that trigger while using a combo weapon do damage as 0/X damage.
For example, when triggering burst fire while using a shooty/staffy weapon I'll make two hits. One doing X amount of damage and the other doing 0.

1. Is this a bug?

2. Is the damage halved because only half of my weapon (shooty part) triggers Burst fire? Or is this just a quirk how things work and it lets me do 2x damage on one of my hits to compensate?

3. If the damage is halved, are combination weapons worth it for the extra +6 damage if all my epics are 1/2 damage?

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Woops I was wrong. I just had an epic trigger without this happening. I no longer know what causes this to exactly, but it's still happening. If anyone could clear this up that would be great, thanks.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
The damage is what it's meant to be (30+30 = 0+60), however I couldn't give you a reason as to why that is. There's been speculation about this in the past, but since no developer has responded in the threads I remember, there is no definitive answer. Most popular theories have to do with the range of the shooty half VS the staffy half.

Personally I'd like all damage in the shooty/staffy weapons to be displayed as 30+30 for aesthetic reasons.

Ensign
Jun 14, 2013
Burly Davy Jones on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong but from what I've seen when I play, epics that trigger while using a combo weapon do damage as 0/X damage.
For example, when triggering burst fire while using a shooty/staffy weapon I'll make two hits. One doing X amount of damage and the other doing 0.

1. Is this a bug?

2. Is the damage halved because only half of my weapon (shooty part) triggers Burst fire? Or is this just a quirk how things work and it lets me do 2x damage on one of my hits to compensate?

3. If the damage is halved, are combination weapons worth it for the extra +6 damage if all my epics are 1/2 damage?

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Woops I was wrong. I just had an epic trigger without this happening. I no longer know what causes this to exactly, but it's still happening. If anyone could clear this up that would be great, thanks.
From what I've experienced, it doesn't really half your damage. The animation puts ALL the damage in the first shot while leaving the second without any. So yea it's a bug, it won't affect your gameplay though since you're still doing the right amount of damage.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Burly Davy Jones on Jun 3, 2017 wrote:

1. Is this a bug?

Thanks for your time.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. For example, when I use my Orb of Nefarious Death weapon and I start triggering epics like Overwatch, the staffy portion of the Orb does X damage while the gun does 0 damage. I too have been wondering about the 0 damage thing while using combo weapons. I hope Kingsisle can shed some light on whether or not this is a bug.
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 12 Musketeer)

Ensign
Nov 24, 2012
So I am getting the correct damage, that's a relief. Thanks for the confirmation guys. Maybe this bug will quietly get fixed one of these days.