Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Version of Skeleton Key Bosses

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
A while ago I saw that Blind Mew posted something about not giving out enough companions from Aquila and Marleybone, so I started to think of ways that they could change that. In Wizard101 they have Skeleton Key Bosses that often drop new spells, so in Pirate101 we should have Lock Pick bosses (I tried to pick something piratey) that can drop companions. Personally, I love companions so I know if these came out I wouldn't stop farming the bosses until I got all the companions and I am sure some other companion loving pirates out there would farm for them also. The lock picks will have multiple types to get into the different battles. I had some ideas of some Lock Pick Bosses that I think would be pretty cool:

1) Anybody remember the Ghost Jackalope that always said Pwoop?
My first idea is to make a room in Motherlode Mine that has a Ghost Jackalope boss named Pwoop. We would have to get a certain type of lock pick to be able to fight him. He would be just like a normal battle (not all Lock Pick bosses will be normal battles, some MUST have some kind of twist to them) and when you finish the battle you have a chance to recruit him to your crew. He would be a cool companion because the Beast Banner and Baron Samedi's (undead) Banner would work for him.

2) Laestrygon of Aquila was pretty cool in my opinion. I just thought we could've done a bit more with it. This idea of mine has a little bit of setting up to do to get to it. First there would have to be a small side quest added where you help the eagles on the dock build a bridge to the little huts on the side of a mountain to help get their friend back. After you complete this task, then there will be a Lock Pick Boss on a bridge between the hut platforms. You would pick the lock, and come face to face with a big mean Ettin Boss. You will have to fight him on a very skinny map with not a lot of movement (I would suggest using musketeers or witchdoctors). After you defeat the massive tank Ettin you will have a chance of getting an Ettin as a drop.

3) Deep in the Flooded Tunnels of the Isle of Doom there lays a mother spider and all of her eggs. To get to her, you will have to pick the lock to the door of the room she resides in. Little do you know that she is a huge spider that can barely stand in the room. You get into battle with her and you have to cut her down to size by taking out her many legs that take up spaces in the battle. She has her children help protect her. But watch out as she lays her eggs in battle. They will eventually hatch after 3 turns until the entire map is filled with spiders. After you take out her legs she will be small enough for you to kill. You have to kill her and her children to finish the battle. Afterwards you might get one of her children to join your crew, and they might keep a few of their mother's tricks up their sleves (summon spider eggs power).

I have many more ideas with these but there were just a few of my favorites. Would you like to see these?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Steven Owlhunter on May 13, 2017 wrote:
A while ago I saw that Blind Mew posted something about not giving out enough companions from Aquila and Marleybone, so I started to think of ways that they could change that. In Wizard101 they have Skeleton Key Bosses that often drop new spells, so in Pirate101 we should have Lock Pick bosses (I tried to pick something piratey) that can drop companions. Personally, I love companions so I know if these came out I wouldn't stop farming the bosses until I got all the companions and I am sure some other companion loving pirates out there would farm for them also. The lock picks will have multiple types to get into the different battles. I had some ideas of some Lock Pick Bosses that I think would be pretty cool:

1) Anybody remember the Ghost Jackalope that always said Pwoop?
My first idea is to make a room in Motherlode Mine that has a Ghost Jackalope boss named Pwoop. We would have to get a certain type of lock pick to be able to fight him. He would be just like a normal battle (not all Lock Pick bosses will be normal battles, some MUST have some kind of twist to them) and when you finish the battle you have a chance to recruit him to your crew. He would be a cool companion because the Beast Banner and Baron Samedi's (undead) Banner would work for him.

2) Laestrygon of Aquila was pretty cool in my opinion. I just thought we could've done a bit more with it. This idea of mine has a little bit of setting up to do to get to it. First there would have to be a small side quest added where you help the eagles on the dock build a bridge to the little huts on the side of a mountain to help get their friend back. After you complete this task, then there will be a Lock Pick Boss on a bridge between the hut platforms. You would pick the lock, and come face to face with a big mean Ettin Boss. You will have to fight him on a very skinny map with not a lot of movement (I would suggest using musketeers or witchdoctors). After you defeat the massive tank Ettin you will have a chance of getting an Ettin as a drop.

3) Deep in the Flooded Tunnels of the Isle of Doom there lays a mother spider and all of her eggs. To get to her, you will have to pick the lock to the door of the room she resides in. Little do you know that she is a huge spider that can barely stand in the room. You get into battle with her and you have to cut her down to size by taking out her many legs that take up spaces in the battle. She has her children help protect her. But watch out as she lays her eggs in battle. They will eventually hatch after 3 turns until the entire map is filled with spiders. After you take out her legs she will be small enough for you to kill. You have to kill her and her children to finish the battle. Afterwards you might get one of her children to join your crew, and they might keep a few of their mother's tricks up their sleves (summon spider eggs power).

I have many more ideas with these but there were just a few of my favorites. Would you like to see these?
These are all incredible ideas, Steven! I, like you, am not afraid to suggest new opinions or suggestions that could make Pirate101 a much better game and for KingsIsle to get more customers. I like the idea of having Lock Pick enemies! If they're thieves, they can be Lock Pickers!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Very nice ideas! I hope we see something along these lines.

Ensign
Dec 05, 2015
Although I love this idea, I see one flaw. We already have a system similar to this. When you beat certain dungeon bosses enough times, you earn a badge and unlock either the boss or an alternate version of the boss in the Crown Shop. Examples; Defeat Chumba Wumba 3 times=Unlock Oingo Boingo in the Crown Shop, Defeat Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah 25 times=Unlock him in the Crown Shop, Defeat Gortez 25 times=Unlock Goronado in the Crown Shop. You get my point, a lot of bosses have these kinds of badges and Crown Shop variations. Not saying this idea isn't great, but it's a bit to similar to some features we already have. Maybe if instead of one player picking the lock, they make it like the Group Plunder chests, where multiple pirates need to pick the lock in order to get to the boss, that way it could be more fun and challenging playing with your friends

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
BlackCharizard75 on May 18, 2017 wrote:
Although I love this idea, I see one flaw. We already have a system similar to this. When you beat certain dungeon bosses enough times, you earn a badge and unlock either the boss or an alternate version of the boss in the Crown Shop. Examples; Defeat Chumba Wumba 3 times=Unlock Oingo Boingo in the Crown Shop, Defeat Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah 25 times=Unlock him in the Crown Shop, Defeat Gortez 25 times=Unlock Goronado in the Crown Shop. You get my point, a lot of bosses have these kinds of badges and Crown Shop variations. Not saying this idea isn't great, but it's a bit to similar to some features we already have. Maybe if instead of one player picking the lock, they make it like the Group Plunder chests, where multiple pirates need to pick the lock in order to get to the boss, that way it could be more fun and challenging playing with your friends
I am not trying to sound defensive or anything, but I forgot all about the badge system of unlocking companions. They haven't added anymore of these types of badges ever since the game was first released.

I do like the idea of having multiplayer locked doors, but if we do see these, it might be hard to find other players especially with the lack of players you see in places such as Mooshu and a few of the other middle worlds. Adding some of these sigils might bring players to them, but there might not be enough players with the type of lock pick or let alone enough players period.

Having so its just one player needed to open the sigil, you can make sure that if nobody else shows up to help you in the battle, at least you can try it on your own. The battles should be pretty challenging so it shouldn't be easy to attempt it on your own, but it should be possible.