Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where to buy prepaid cards in Canada?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 08, 2017
So I just came back to Pirate101 after must be a few years. I have seen the links in the launcher to buy prepaid cards in Canada, and yet, at Walmart and Walmart.ca, at Shoppers and their online site, and ToysRus and their online site, none have the cards. So I want to know, where can I get them? Because as much as I am enjoying getting back into the game, I am not enjoying paying 30% more because I happen to live in Canada where the exchange rate is terribad.

Any Canadian players, specifically in the Toronto area, know where to get prepaid cards?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Well, I don't live in Ontario anymore, (maritimer now!) But I have seen pirate101 cards at several different shoppers across the country. It seems to be a bit hit or miss though, as if they only order cards they know they can sell. I'd suggest visiting a couple different shoppers or walmarts and see if they have them. If they don't carry the cards in store, ask if they will order some in for you. Shoppers at least has been known to do that for people.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
With my last post. I've also seen some at a few Mac's Milk stores. (Or Mac's as I guess they're now called)

Ensign
May 08, 2017
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
HammurabiOfBabylon on May 12, 2017 wrote:
So I just came back to Pirate101 after must be a few years. I have seen the links in the launcher to buy prepaid cards in Canada, and yet, at Walmart and Walmart.ca, at Shoppers and their online site, and ToysRus and their online site, none have the cards. So I want to know, where can I get them? Because as much as I am enjoying getting back into the game, I am not enjoying paying 30% more because I happen to live in Canada where the exchange rate is terribad.

Any Canadian players, specifically in the Toronto area, know where to get prepaid cards?
Well, it's under the store here at www.Pirate101.com, I believe. Under the Shop section, go to Prepaid Cards, and it'll say America, Canada or Australia. If you're in Canada, you can, obviously, click on Canada.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

(Ratbeard: Seriously, Cap'n? I think we all know tha' if ye be in Canada, ye click on the Canada link!
Louis LeBisque: Well, some are not tech savvy, no?
Ratbeard: Do ye really have to be tech savvy t' know wha' country ye be from?
No response.)

Ensign
May 08, 2017
Helpful Aurora Par... on May 13, 2017 wrote:
Well, it's under the store here at www.Pirate101.com, I believe. Under the Shop section, go to Prepaid Cards, and it'll say America, Canada or Australia. If you're in Canada, you can, obviously, click on Canada.

(Ratbeard: Seriously, Cap'n? I think we all know tha' if ye be in Canada, ye click on the Canada link!
No response.)
As I mentioned in my post, I went to the sites and stores that supposedly sell the cards. They did not have them. Thus I asked if other Canadian players had found them anywhere. Perhaps read the post in its entirety before unleashing sarcasm

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

No response.)
Was this last part really necessary to add to your post? You may have meant to be amusing, but it seems rude.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009

No response.)
Yes, the pirate101 store shows where to buy the games cards, but only lists the store names, not the physical location of which stores actually carry the cards. Hammurabiofbabylon was asking about the physical store locations.

Chain stores in Canada, don't always carry the exact same things. The store manager orders merchandise from a large catelogue based on what actually sells at their particular location. The store manager won't spend money ordering things that don't sell. So, while Shoppers can order and sell pirate101 game cards, as listed in the pirate101 store, if those game cards don't sell the store manager won't order them. Why order game cards nobody wants when you can order itunes giftcards instead.

But in most stores at least, if you talk to someone at the customer service desk, or the manager and ask them to order in a specific item you know they can carry, then they often will.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
you can purchase the Wal*Mart cards online from the online Wal*mart stores

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
HammurabiOfBabylon on May 14, 2017 wrote:
As I mentioned in my post, I went to the sites and stores that supposedly sell the cards. They did not have them. Thus I asked if other Canadian players had found them anywhere. Perhaps read the post in its entirety before unleashing sarcasm
I didn't unleash any sarcasm. That response of yours was also sarcastic.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on May 15, 2017 wrote:
Was this last part really necessary to add to your post? You may have meant to be amusing, but it seems rude.
Well, I suppose I can't edit it now. Although it was absolutely out of nice, kind fun, I suppose it's something quite different now and as much as I am surprised by all of you and I think that you don't get it, just to redeem myself to you guys I'm very sorry for any intention of that.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

No response.)
I'm very humbled in front of you all with this supposedly "rude" post that was meant to be only helpful. I'm begging a moderator to take the last part out so you all (and I too) will be happy.

Unleashing sarcasm, though? Maybe you could have nicely stated it was rude like Anecorbie did instead of writing a sarcastic response back.

Please take the bottom part out (even though I don't think a moderator will hear me way down at the bottom).

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
HammurabiOfBabylon on May 14, 2017 wrote:
Yes, I did read the entire post, HammurabiOfBabylon. So please don't jump to the conclusion that even though I said something that was rude, you think I didn't read it all.

I'm still sorry.