Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Dec 22, 2018 wrote:
I'm sure the Spirit of Giving will serve very generous helpings of that cocoa!
Yes, the mouse will give it, the dog will receive their thinks, and the cat will return the favor with more cocoa!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
For Cooking Companionships, Christmas is over, so now it's time to take a breath and... get ready for New Years!

Cooking Companionships: Round 5
New Years Party! For this round, the Judges are going to take their turn cooking! How it'll work is that five members of the crew will randomly be chosen to judge their cooking. This will be fun!
Bonnie Anne made a heartwarming cake! True Companionship! Crowd Judges Yule Trogg, Sergeant Sanders, Malik, Bob Eastwood the Chicken Sheriff, and Ratbeard all gave high marks. (This is the first thing Anne and Ratbeard agreed on for a while, by the way. That cake is delicious.)
El Toro made a bunch of enchiladas to celebrate the New Year! Crowd Judges Tyson, Lightning Crow the Black Storm Elder, Goronado, and Lucky Jack Russel enjoyed them. Judge and Taste-Tester Monkey King said they were "A wee bit spicy for me"
Catbeard brought some pickled herring from his reserved. Hold on! He didn't make them. Out of the running, Catbeard! Sorry for that.
Hawkules got some ice cream and poured twelve different Aquilan sauces on them to make "The Twelve Flavors of Hawkules." Four of the Crowd Judges pulled disgusting faces, until...
SPLAT!
"Oh! Bosun Budd likes it so much he wants me to have it all!" 'SPLAT' "Thank you, my dear Budd and buddy, for celebrating the cooking of Hawkules!
Monkey King: "Big guy knows how to crack a joke, does he? Need we tell him Budd thinks it's a snowball fight?"
Ratbeard: Nope! HAR HAR HAR!
As for me, I tried to make a Crawlie Souffle. Everything was going fine until the Crawlie burst out of it and pinched Handsome Dan on the nose. Guess I didn't let it stew for long enough...
Happy New Year!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Happy New Yars Eve! Have a Yummy Toast, with Yum Jelly. The crazy Monquistan has made us all a huge Marzipan Pizza. The yakuza have sent Lucky Pig Potstickers. Our Guinea pig has made some Puff-ball Pastries with mushroom filling, and Bonnie Anne has a Flaming Figgy Pudding for all.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
not long ago Duck Holiday and Jane Canary had gotten homesick so they went back to Cool Ranch to meet up with the other members of the Seven and had gotten together for a barbeque. there were Buffaloon Steaks, Red Tato Grits, 7-Layered Tacos, Wild Steamed Rice, and Yum Sasperella. they ended the meal with a large Golden Apple Pie.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Mr. Swidget is feeling generous today and is giving out Red Tape Licorice free with every paid consultation.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Yum, yum, The cook at the Silver Spur Saloon has been baking great Blood Moon Pies. Old Scratch is so excited. I think I saw Bat Masterson buying a dozen.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Admiral Benbow Tavern is having a special on Missing Sausage Links. I'm sure they are great if you can find them.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Trolls on Lastrygon go to place called Glop Cave for yummy eats. Today's specials? Snake-loaf, mashed beetle, and vine soup are on menu today! There even be whole rotting manticore! Mmm, nothing so good as manticore! Uh... did I say we had manticore? It tasty.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Jan 22, 2019 wrote:
Trolls on Lastrygon go to place called Glop Cave for yummy eats. Today's specials? Snake-loaf, mashed beetle, and vine soup are on menu today! There even be whole rotting manticore! Mmm, nothing so good as manticore! Uh... did I say we had manticore? It tasty.
Most of the crew enjoyed the Snake-loaf. Old Scratch and the Crazy Monquistan had the rotting manticore. Scratch enjoyed it, but as for the monkey ... Nurse Quinn, hurry! Ratbeard, "I'm not swabbing that up."

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Calamity Finch on Jan 22, 2019 wrote:
Most of the crew enjoyed the Snake-loaf. Old Scratch and the Crazy Monquistan had the rotting manticore. Scratch enjoyed it, but as for the monkey ... Nurse Quinn, hurry! Ratbeard, "I'm not swabbing that up."
Oh, great. Well now we know; monkeys and manticores don't mix. In duels, or in dinner.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Jan 23, 2019 wrote:
Oh, great. Well now we know; monkeys and manticores don't mix. In duels, or in dinner.
Nurse Quinn said the trouble is the rotting of the manticore. Fresh manticore steaks are probably ok. That monkey will eat anything. Beware when the Golden Bough is serving beans and asparagus with roasted garlic cloves; you do NOT want to share a cabin with the monkey after that!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Pickled Red Herring, is that a thing yet? Sounds Polaran.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Calamity Finch on Jan 31, 2019 wrote:
Pickled Red Herring, is that a thing yet? Sounds Polaran.
It's what the crew does when they want to get Catbeard off an hour-long discussion of Bosun Budd's pickle baths. None of us like it, but it's worse when Catbeard goes on about it within earshot of him.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
We're hunting for a favorite food for Ratbeard.
First find at the Kraken Skulls, Pieces of Cake.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The Hope and Anchor has realized they hadn't been advertising as much as the other taverns. They decided fix that and highlight their mix of Marleybone and tropical fare. Present coupon to receive one free Pickle Chip-n-fish with every Banana Curry Salad.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The Snail and Newt is serving Banana Slug Surprise. Surprise! It's a banana slug.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Fun-do for Two, Dip your yum fruit in melted chocolate or vanilla glaze.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Feb 5, 2019 wrote:
The Snail and Newt is serving Banana Slug Surprise. Surprise! It's a banana slug.
UGH! Pass the salt.....

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 15, 2019 wrote:
UGH! Pass the salt.....
Bring on the Buttered Bare-snails, with garlic, tonight at the Polaris Tavern.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Calamity Finch on Feb 5, 2019 wrote:
Bosun Budd will buy them by the truckload. Don't let him near anything slimy or saucy!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Feb 19, 2019 wrote:
Bosun Budd will buy them by the truckload. Don't let him near anything slimy or saucy!
The Snail and Newt is holding a banquet for Bosun Budd. They were really impressed by how many Banana Slugs he ate. One of the rats there may be running a betting pool on what Budd eats at the banquet.

Appetizer: Es-Cargo- a barrel of snails that "fell off a boat" and OY-stirs!

Salad: Old Salty Seaweed Salad topped with Brined Buzzard Eggs

Soup: Hagfish Soup

Vegetable: Oozy Okra served on Polenta

Entree: Squid Ink Noodles with Snail Slime Pesto
Dessert: Tapi-ew-ca Pudding, We can't put our finger on what the secret ingredient is, because we don't want to touch it.
I bet Budd eats all the food.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Calamity Finch on Mar 1, 2019 wrote:
The Snail and Newt is holding a banquet for Bosun Budd. They were really impressed by how many Banana Slugs he ate. One of the rats there may be running a betting pool on what Budd eats at the banquet.

Appetizer: Es-Cargo- a barrel of snails that "fell off a boat" and OY-stirs!

Salad: Old Salty Seaweed Salad topped with Brined Buzzard Eggs

Soup: Hagfish Soup

Vegetable: Oozy Okra served on Polenta

Entree: Squid Ink Noodles with Snail Slime Pesto
Dessert: Tapi-ew-ca Pudding, We can't put our finger on what the secret ingredient is, because we don't want to touch it.
I bet Budd eats all the food.
I'll let him tell you in his own words.

Bosun Budd: UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPP!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Mar 4, 2019 wrote:
I'll let him tell you in his own words.

Bosun Budd: UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPP!
Baker Colin in Marleybone sends the bosun a Minty Slug Candy. For some reason, it is plaid, but freshens the breath. Thank you Baker Colin, from the entire crew.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Calamity Finch on Mar 20, 2019 wrote:
Baker Colin in Marleybone sends the bosun a Minty Slug Candy. For some reason, it is plaid, but freshens the breath. Thank you Baker Colin, from the entire crew.
I'll have to order a bunch from him. Bosun Budd has the unfortunate tendency to dump pickle juice on himself. He thinks it makes him smell good, but... BUDD! NOT AGAIN!!!

This is why he has an aura of stink on his third promotion. Bosun Budd: My one true Budd and Buddy...

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Dill and Coriander Sprig, just the spice bouquet to dress up your dishes and food. It goes well with pickles too, perhaps it should be the Bosun Budd Boutonniere.