Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Apr 24, 2016
winter goddess on Oct 18, 2017 wrote:
Black Rose here,

So being a marleybonian, I naturally would prefer a place that serves tea. And you know what goes great with tea?
SWEETS.
Give me your best tea & dessert combos before I blast the owner of this restaurant!
(although, in my manor, I enjoy my special Rosegold tea with Cherry tarts)
(alyssa speaking) I serve a great moolong tea with crab cakes (not actual crabs, cookies with icing made to look like a crab on top) at my tavern/hotel the foxhouse! (me being from marleybone, and all..) or if that's not yer fancy, I do serve rosegold tea (got it from catbeard, who knew he liked tea?) with one of our made in house desserts!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
thedragonpirate245... on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
you can partner up with my tavern/hotel thingy the foxhouse! its still in progress, needs to be finished with the building stage.

and what happened??
Long story short one customer who was a werewolf shot fireworks in the building which where loaded with gum and spiders.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
kingme655 on Oct 19, 2017 wrote:
Long story short one customer who was a werewolf shot fireworks in the building which where loaded with gum and spiders.
I wonder if Ol' Fish-eye knows about this powerful weapon yet?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Calamity Finch on Oct 23, 2017 wrote:
I wonder if Ol' Fish-eye knows about this powerful weapon yet?
Oh he does. He tried loading it with chocolate and it exploded before he set it off.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
While Jessica is hanging out in Avery's court to work out her fencing skills with Contessa.
She found an interesting cookbook, it reads food of Empryea

Here is the full meal in Honor of it's debut in wizards and maybe in pirates someday

Starter- Super Nova dip : An out of this world dip made from Empryean spices and Void cream and served with moon cheese balls and Empryean Jungle Pepper strips (don't worry they are the bell pepper type ).

Main Course- Squid ink noodles : Empryean Squid ink noodles, with seafood from Polaris and Spices from Mirage with Empryea's Void sauce. ( the original recipe is top secrete, plus there is a crate full of Empryea Void sauce found with the book )

Side dishes-Moo shu spring rolls ( vegetarian ) and soy sauce. Spooky Miranda bread with Yum Jam.
Fried clams with Empryea Nova Sauce ( Medium spiced )

Dessert- Empryea's Milky Way Space Pie : The filling is sweeter than sugar, please don't over indulge. Warped in a flaky out of this world crust.

Drink- Empryea Nebula Yum : A multi colored drink, it's refreshingly delicious ( captain gun will be proud ).

We thank the Arcane Fire professor, the Arcane Storm professor, the Arcane Ice professor and Captain Pork for the book and the Create full of Empryean Void sauce receive as a gift and welcomed them to skull island as special guests, with our friends Captain Avery, all of the school professors and Captain Boochbread with Grandy. For this special occasion.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I did a favor for a water elemental, and it gave me a Raindrop Cake. It looked like a large transparent blob. When I took a bite, it was like taking a drink of water. The elemental said it was made with water and a seaweed extract. If I ever sail to Mirage, I'll bring a lot of these cakes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
With the coming of November, many citizens of the Spiral are thinking of preparing for the winter. In thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest all are coming together to share good foods in one large feast:
Baked Sweet Potatoes from Xol Akmul.
Fresh Flying Fish filets & Batacuda steaks from Jonah Town.
Wheaten breads from Marleybone.
Albion Potatoes served in various ways, try the Polaris Fries!
Pumpkin pies from Skull Island.
MooShu has some very nice Wonton or Egg Drop soups to warm us up during the chilly weather.
( Captain Fowl is currently keeping his head down. )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I think I saw a wizard at the Kraken Skulls. He was selling something called Veggie Revanants to the cook. It looked like carrots, asparagus, and beets, but something about them seemed very wrong. They were also tied tightly in a bundle. Old Scratch had to have some though, and said, "They be spiritually delicious, oh Captain, my Captain."

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Down at the Snail and Newt Tavern, we've got... snails... And newts... almost everything is made of snails and newts. How lovely.

Here in the Hammamitsu Teahouse, we have every type of tea imaginable, along with traditional and fine foods such as MooShu tofu, and all kinds of Yum-Yum recipes, of course, authorised by the Emperor.

The Dining Hall in St. Bonobo's Abbey is home to the finest Yum gold can buy, along with various kinds of exotic meats, such as Not so Great White Shark steak,Sky Gar tongues, Voidfish T-Bone, and for the daredevil connoisseur, Jellyfish Tentacle, Striped Bumbaloon stinger, electric Storm Shark gills and nettle soup.

In Skull Island we have the Black Spot. Home to delicious fry-ups and some of the tastiest Yum around, the Black Spot is quite the popular establishment. Flying Fish and Batacuda, along with Sky Clams, the day's catch from Jonah Town, which is traded to Water Moles, then One-Eyed Jack, the tavern's owner, buys it up. A perfect tavern for a Pirate looking for something a bit more casual than the Dining Hall's exotic dinners.

That's all for today, folks! I'll be sure to make some more of this!

Hardy Quinn
Food Critic and Expert Connoisseur

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 3, 2017 wrote:
With the coming of November, many citizens of the Spiral are thinking of preparing for the winter. In thanksgiving for a bountiful harvest all are coming together to share good foods in one large feast:
Baked Sweet Potatoes from Xol Akmul.
Fresh Flying Fish filets & Batacuda steaks from Jonah Town.
Wheaten breads from Marleybone.
Albion Potatoes served in various ways, try the Polaris Fries!
Pumpkin pies from Skull Island.
MooShu has some very nice Wonton or Egg Drop soups to warm us up during the chilly weather.
( Captain Fowl is currently keeping his head down. )
Sounds simply beautiful, Esperanza! Can't wait to try them all...

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
The wizards have highjacked the el brimstone! No need to be alarmed, they only wanted to be cooks, and as the new cooks have made,

french fire fries, no not a typo, the pyromancers really decided to make french fire fries, not sure why or how.

minty myth milkshake, exactly as it sounds.

Deathly donuts, donuts that have tiny skulls on them and have blood red jelly on the inside.

Icy icicle ice cream, guarantied to freeze your head off! or your money back.they say that whenever someone orders it.

Buttered bacon and broccoli with a side of brown rice, a "balanced" meal.

Stormy soup, again exactly as it sounds.

And some leche mere ga da(look it up) from the life wizards.

Customers are flying in at rocket speed! We are gonna need to keep the wizards.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Today's menu on these 4 tavern for November are the fallowing place. Skull Island, Cool Ranch, Moo Shu and Marylebone.

Skull Karken- Crab stuffed Batacuda, steamed squash medley and wild rice. Wild onion soup topped with croutons. Coconut cream pie.

Desert Rose Cafe- Buffaloon Chili ( mild, medium, spicy or fireball ), Cowboy stakes with garlic butter and tumble weed fried onions, Yukon gold mashed potatoes and Miranda spooky mushroom stir fry. Custard cups.

Tea house- Jade noodles with vegetables and prawns. Ginger Eggplant, crispy wantons with ham fillings, sweet and sour sauce dip, dragon soup ( very spicy ). Yum pudding with mini tapioca pearls.

Marylebone pub- Chicken Porridge with crispy garlic. Sunday roast ( roast beef ), onion gravy, fresh peas, Polaris fries and Yorkshire pudding. Steamed Spiced Yum pudding bread with sticky sauce.

Seasonal drink- Ivan's holiday spiced drink ( recipe from our friend from wizards Ivan the polar bear ). Best enjoyed steaming hot, over ice or warmed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Nov 5, 2017 wrote:
Today's menu on these 4 tavern for November are the fallowing place. Skull Island, Cool Ranch, Moo Shu and Marylebone.

Skull Karken- Crab stuffed Batacuda, steamed squash medley and wild rice. Wild onion soup topped with croutons. Coconut cream pie.

Desert Rose Cafe- Buffaloon Chili ( mild, medium, spicy or fireball ), Cowboy stakes with garlic butter and tumble weed fried onions, Yukon gold mashed potatoes and Miranda spooky mushroom stir fry. Custard cups.

Tea house- Jade noodles with vegetables and prawns. Ginger Eggplant, crispy wantons with ham fillings, sweet and sour sauce dip, dragon soup ( very spicy ). Yum pudding with mini tapioca pearls.

Marylebone pub- Chicken Porridge with crispy garlic. Sunday roast ( roast beef ), onion gravy, fresh peas, Polaris fries and Yorkshire pudding. Steamed Spiced Yum pudding bread with sticky sauce.

Seasonal drink- Ivan's holiday spiced drink ( recipe from our friend from wizards Ivan the polar bear ). Best enjoyed steaming hot, over ice or warmed.
Gosh, what a delicious menu! I want to eat everything!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Hey, where is this Empyrea Pie from, and can I have some more?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Captain Fowl is getting a bit nervous again at this time of year. He wants everyone to be very full before their big feast. He is sending Guinea pig waiters to all the taverns, serving all you can eat Capt. Fowl's Cheese Balls, several kinds of cheese melted inside puff pastry. They are also serving as much bread as you want, and Stick to Your Ribs Stew. He also sent out some cooks from Mooshu to demonstrate everything one can do with bean curds, particularly faux turkey. Given Captain Fowl's history, I was a little nervous to try it, and every rat on my crew just said, "No!"

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Nov 17, 2017 wrote:
Captain Fowl is getting a bit nervous again at this time of year. He wants everyone to be very full before their big feast. He is sending Guinea pig waiters to all the taverns, serving all you can eat Capt. Fowl's Cheese Balls, several kinds of cheese melted inside puff pastry. They are also serving as much bread as you want, and Stick to Your Ribs Stew. He also sent out some cooks from Mooshu to demonstrate everything one can do with bean curds, particularly faux turkey. Given Captain Fowl's history, I was a little nervous to try it, and every rat on my crew just said, "No!"
That's amazing! I can't wait to try Captain Fowl's Cheese Balls!

So delicious...

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is unexpected, while Bonnie Anne and her friend Britney where hanging out at the Skull Karken Tavern. They notice a special menu. Here is the menu for this Thanksgiving weekend only.

Starter: Wind trade Leek soup-Made with cool ranch potato puree,sky leeks, heavy cream, roasted chestnut, herbs and spices. Served with Holiday bread from Polaris.

Entree : Buttered Yum fruits with dried berries, green bean casserole with fired wild onions,stuffed sky clams and roasted chestnut stuffing. ( side dishes )

Main dish-Roasted Turkey with pan gravy, or Prime Ribs with onion broth sauce ( choose one or both )

Dessert-Harvest Pumpkin Pie sweet,hearty feeling with buttery crust. ( made from the fat pumpkin )

Seasonal drink ( this holiday weekend only )-Wizard city eggnog, the magical drink with a custard like texture, ( headmaster Ambrose was kind enough to share with our pirates )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The Admiral Benbow Tavern is serving specials of Turn-key Sandwiches. They are Turkey sandwiches with a thin gravy, fried onions, and melted Camembert cheese, with chutney on the side. It's a big hit with the jailors, on the Isle of Dogs.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
After eating our way through most of the Thanksgiving menu offered by various taverns, the crew and I were suffering from bad stomach-aches. Naturally, we called upon Old Scratch for some HooDoo relief.
This is what he suggested:
"You put de lime in de coconut and drink it all down..."

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Nov 26, 2017 wrote:
The Admiral Benbow Tavern is serving specials of Turn-key Sandwiches. They are Turkey sandwiches with a thin gravy, fried onions, and melted Camembert cheese, with chutney on the side. It's a big hit with the jailors, on the Isle of Dogs.
Oh my goodness! Simply scrumptious! One Turn-Key Sandwich, please!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Zeke gave me some Tasty Rainbow Taffy. He said he picked it up in Avalon, something about it being produced by unicorns. It tastes good, so don't question where it comes from. He's arranging a deal with a bear named Baldur to import it to our part of the spiral, and sell it at the taverns next to the training tomes, if the bear can get it through our pirate infested skies.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
As I promised yesterday, when my Musketeer stopped by Avery's Court before K I Live, I dropped off a pie at the Black Spot for Friendly Thomas and One-Eyed Jack. It's a Sweet Potato- Pumpkin Pie topped by Candied Carrot Shavings. I had a lot of Pumpkins left over after opening the Halloween boxes, so I made a lot of extra pies for everyone else. Bonnie Anne helped. The crazy Monquistan has been wearing a pumpkin lid as a hat ever since. Sarah Steele says if he keeps it up much longer, she is going to toss it into the skyway, blast it with a cannon, and throw the monkey into the Gold Creek to get clean.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Nov 30, 2017 wrote:
As I promised yesterday, when my Musketeer stopped by Avery's Court before K I Live, I dropped off a pie at the Black Spot for Friendly Thomas and One-Eyed Jack. It's a Sweet Potato- Pumpkin Pie topped by Candied Carrot Shavings. I had a lot of Pumpkins left over after opening the Halloween boxes, so I made a lot of extra pies for everyone else. Bonnie Anne helped. The crazy Monquistan has been wearing a pumpkin lid as a hat ever since. Sarah Steele says if he keeps it up much longer, she is going to toss it into the skyway, blast it with a cannon, and throw the monkey into the Gold Creek to get clean.
LOL!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
A bunch of young pirates have gone on fishing quests. Everywhere I go, the taverns are serving fish, Flying fish, Jellyfish, Voidfish, Batacuda, Koi fish, fish stew, fish pies, baked fish, fish kebab, dried fish, smoked fish, salted fish, fish preserved in lye, jellied fish, fried fish. The strangest was in Valencia, Chocolate covered fish. I went to a Shrimp stand, run by Bubba the watermole, he was out of shrimp and serving coconut covered fish. I went to the Snail and Newt tavern in Marleybone and what are they serving? Alligator, a reptile that tastes like it's been eating fish. I guess that is an improvement, we'll be eating there until the menus change.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Dec 6, 2017 wrote:
A bunch of young pirates have gone on fishing quests. Everywhere I go, the taverns are serving fish, Flying fish, Jellyfish, Voidfish, Batacuda, Koi fish, fish stew, fish pies, baked fish, fish kebab, dried fish, smoked fish, salted fish, fish preserved in lye, jellied fish, fried fish. The strangest was in Valencia, Chocolate covered fish. I went to a Shrimp stand, run by Bubba the watermole, he was out of shrimp and serving coconut covered fish. I went to the Snail and Newt tavern in Marleybone and what are they serving? Alligator, a reptile that tastes like it's been eating fish. I guess that is an improvement, we'll be eating there until the menus change.
I thought Alligator tasted like chicken?