Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The Snail and Newt Tavern's cook has been getting some rather threatening complaints over their Plain Pudding. When he heals, he wants to try some new recipes for it and is asking for suggestions. Zeke sent one in, Plains Pudding, "Everything is better with Buffaloon!" Have an idea of your own?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
The Snail and Newt Tavern's cook has been getting some rather threatening complaints over their Plain Pudding. When he heals, he wants to try some new recipes for it and is asking for suggestions. Zeke sent one in, Plains Pudding, "Everything is better with Buffaloon!" Have an idea of your own?
Arrr, Plum Duff be mentioned in that excellent tale o' pirates, Treasure Island! Basically it's just a plum pudding usually served for Christmas.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
In honor of the up coming celebration of "Talk Like a Pirate Day" ( September 19th ). I'm starting a parody on the song "What can ye do with a drunken sailor"

What can ye do fer a hungry pirate,
Earl-lie in the mornin'?
Way, hey and down he sits,
way, hey and down he sits,
Way hey and down he sits,
At the tavern's table.
Give him a fork and knife, & step back fer ye life,
Give him a fork and knife,& step back fer ye life,
Give him a fork and knife, & step back fer ye life!
Earl-lie in the morning.
Take it away marauders!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 11, 2018 wrote:
In honor of the up coming celebration of "Talk Like a Pirate Day" ( September 19th ). I'm starting a parody on the song "What can ye do with a drunken sailor"

Earl-lie in the mornin'?
Way, hey and down he sits,
way, hey and down he sits,
Way hey and down he sits,
At the tavern's table.
Give him a fork and knife, & step back fer ye life,
Give him a fork and knife,& step back fer ye life,
Give him a fork and knife, & step back fer ye life!
Earl-lie in the morning.
Take it away marauders!
Throw him a pie and dive for cover,
Early in the morning.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
The Cooking Carnival is in town, and there's some fierce competition to see who is the best cook in the Spiral! The contenders so far are Bill Higgins, with his Slurpalicious Stew, said to be the tastiest in all of Skull Island, Chao Wen with ninety different kinds of herbal tea and 3 huge platters of sushi and dumplings, plus his special Tofu Salad, and Lazy Lucy Laverne and Martin Rakes, with their Privateer Pudding, fit for only the stoutest admirals.

Then we have Hardy Quinn with Ninja Noodles, Nuggets and Nachos, Errol Deveraux with his Jobu Jelly and Hoodoo Hotcakes, Deadeye Dante Debouff with Sasperilla and Cool Ranch Cornbread, and finally, Silver Nathaniel with Buccaneer Burritos and Mercenary's Malasadas. I wonder who'll win, or who else will join the Carnival? Only time will tell!
Hardy Quinn
Pirate and Part-time Food Critic

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 11, 2018 wrote:
Early in the morning.
Give him a plate of steak & taters,
Earl-lie in the mornin'!

Mushrooms, Mushrooms, Mushrooms, Mushrooms,
Mushrooms, Mushrooms, Mushrooms, Mushrooms,
Mushrooms, Mushroom, Mushrooms, MUSHROOMS!
Earl-ie in the mornin'

I did say I loved mushrooms, right?

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
seems the tavern grills have gone cold. anyone got anymore news about good food?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Finish it off with a bottle of yum,
Earl-lie in the mornin'!

Way, Hey and up he rises,
Way hey and up he rises

Way hey and up he rises,
He's no longer hungry!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
the minutemen on Sep 21, 2018 wrote:
seems the tavern grills have gone cold. anyone got anymore news about good food?
Been a bit busy, but now I have a new set of clockwork dinner ware to serve Steam-punk Sliders on. I'm still not sure why the clockworks had all that food onboard.

The Desert Rose had a new cook drift in, stirring up a mess of Goul-lash, with lots of paprika, and Great Grits. You don't order the grits, they just come with the food. What do you put on your grits? The Mezzaluna Tavern serves Grit-less Grits, but calls them Pole-Treant-a.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Zhu Rho's tea house is serving Spookimchi with Hungry Ghost Peppers on the side.

Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018
Today for the Kraken's Skulls Tavern is a great food from Mooshu, Fried Talons and yum yum juice, not really yum but blueberry juice and apple juice combined. Kan Po said it is very healthy and could increase our will.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
apparently Old Scratch got a part time job at the Kraken Skulls and he is making his old old family recipe stew. a whole chicken (bones and all) in a hot pepper broth mixed with chopped up veggie revenants. and is served with black sun seed bread.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
The Cooking Carnival has taken a seasonal approach in October, with spooky stalls and scary snacks galore. Errol's made some Pumpkin Pie, along with Pumpkin Juice, and Pumpkin Pasties. Errr.... don't tell the scarecrows from Wizard City about this, okay?

Errol Deveraux - Pumpkin Pirate
Hardy Quinn - Spooky Swashbuckler
Lazy Lucy Laverne - Vampire Vagabond
Silver Nathaniel - Silver Scarer
Deadeye Dante Debouff - Sinister Sharpshooter

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Angel Angle The Li... on Oct 6, 2018 wrote:
The Cooking Carnival has taken a seasonal approach in October, with spooky stalls and scary snacks galore. Errol's made some Pumpkin Pie, along with Pumpkin Juice, and Pumpkin Pasties. Errr.... don't tell the scarecrows from Wizard City about this, okay?

Errol Deveraux - Pumpkin Pirate
Hardy Quinn - Spooky Swashbuckler
Lazy Lucy Laverne - Vampire Vagabond
Silver Nathaniel - Silver Scarer
Deadeye Dante Debouff - Sinister Sharpshooter
And over the open fire you can snag some De-Spear-a-Goose, roasting spear included. The Popcorn Cannonballs a good too.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Baker Colin in Marleybone decided to cook up some candy. His product? Rainbow Bacon Gum, it almost matched his outfit and apron, almost, but not.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 21, 2018 wrote:
Earl-lie in the mornin'!

Way, Hey and up he rises,
Way hey and up he rises

Way hey and up he rises,
He's no longer hungry!
I literally just read your whole song today it’s very good and will probably be stuck in my head “Til early in the morning (I don’t care how many eye rolls I get I had to do it) speaking of eye rolls since it’s almost Halloween old scratch decided to make some spooky sweets (don’t worry Bonnie Anne and Sarah were keeping a close EYE on him and made sure they were all sugar and not grave dirt or anything like that) and he made gravestone scones with chocolate chip letters ghostly cupcakes with butter cream ghosts and and blood red strawberry jelly for the center filling some ghastly green witches brew ( fruit juice with kiwi to make it look green) and he was also able to make a few dinner Entrees but not many since some crew members threw a party and replace everything with pickled herring ( hawkules and cat beard) he made finger sandwiches (not actually fingers just shaped that way) mummy meatballs and Dr Von Katzenstein’s famous sausages with monster mashed potatoes fresh veggies ( although I have to make Dr Katzenstein not tell old scratch how to reanimate the sausage didn’t want to try catching them again also really need to ask him what the name of the rabbit he got the vegetables from said he was a distant cousin of one eyed jack who loves veggie juice and likes sleeping in dark places if that makes any sense I wonder why I feel like the veggies are staring at me) anyways everyone have a good day see you later

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
silver swordcoral on Oct 16, 2018 wrote:
I literally just read your whole song today it’s very good and will probably be stuck in my head “Til early in the morning (I don’t care how many eye rolls I get I had to do it) speaking of eye rolls since it’s almost Halloween old scratch decided to make some spooky sweets (don’t worry Bonnie Anne and Sarah were keeping a close EYE on him and made sure they were all sugar and not grave dirt or anything like that) and he made gravestone scones with chocolate chip letters ghostly cupcakes with butter cream ghosts and and blood red strawberry jelly for the center filling some ghastly green witches brew ( fruit juice with kiwi to make it look green) and he was also able to make a few dinner Entrees but not many since some crew members threw a party and replace everything with pickled herring ( hawkules and cat beard) he made finger sandwiches (not actually fingers just shaped that way) mummy meatballs and Dr Von Katzenstein’s famous sausages with monster mashed potatoes fresh veggies ( although I have to make Dr Katzenstein not tell old scratch how to reanimate the sausage didn’t want to try catching them again also really need to ask him what the name of the rabbit he got the vegetables from said he was a distant cousin of one eyed jack who loves veggie juice and likes sleeping in dark places if that makes any sense I wonder why I feel like the veggies are staring at me) anyways everyone have a good day see you later
Cupcakes from Scratch!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
After Baker Colin tried making candy, Baker Tom decided to try it too. the taffy pull got a bit out of hand, so now you can find Extra Long Taffy Scarves in Marleybone. A Professor stopped by and bought a bunch. He said they were almost as nice as Jelly Babies.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Donna Finch on Oct 16, 2018 wrote:
Cupcakes from Scratch!
Well played

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Louis was trying to make Polarian Bon Bons, but he's made Bomb-Bombs, instead. Ratbeard enjoyed the explosion but the galley's a loss - we're eating in the tavern for now.

Petty Officer
Sep 15, 2018
Today we have a food for hole in the wall tavern, from Marlybone, it's called juice and bones, just some yum and doggy treats.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Donna Finch on Oct 16, 2018 wrote:
Cupcakes from Scratch!
Oooo, perfect for Halloween. That would be to die for! (WAHAHAHA)

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Sep 25, 2018 wrote:
Been a bit busy, but now I have a new set of clockwork dinner ware to serve Steam-punk Sliders on. I'm still not sure why the clockworks had all that food onboard.

The Desert Rose had a new cook drift in, stirring up a mess of Goul-lash, with lots of paprika, and Great Grits. You don't order the grits, they just come with the food. What do you put on your grits? The Mezzaluna Tavern serves Grit-less Grits, but calls them Pole-Treant-a.
How do Clockworks even eat?

Anyhoo, I'd love a Steampunk Slider, please!

(P.S. Funny you mention it, because I've been very much into steampunk recently. )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 28, 2018 wrote:
How do Clockworks even eat?

Anyhoo, I'd love a Steampunk Slider, please!

(P.S. Funny you mention it, because I've been very much into steampunk recently. )
I was guessing that they captured the food, and have some nefarious use for it, perhaps to burn for fuel for their battle saucers. They might be using it to keep the unicorns happy and placid until it is too late. Yum, Steampunk Sliders, with a gear toasted/branded onto the bun. As for clockworks "eating", maybe they consume oil or other lubricants to keep their gears spinning well, and their joints sliding smoothly. Maybe they drink Olive Oilers.