Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
For spooky treats the big bad bosses have turned chef - try the Dutchman's Floating Sliders or Captain Bloods Flamin' Kabobs!
For a sweet try Moo's Manchewy Caramel Apples
Then there's the General's Tso Not a Chicken Platter ( it's made of tofu! )
To drink try ( I dare ye ) the Duck of Death's Fowl Yum Punch ( it's to die for! )

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 30, 2018 wrote:
For spooky treats the big bad bosses have turned chef - try the Dutchman's Floating Sliders or Captain Bloods Flamin' Kabobs!
To drink try ( I dare ye ) the Duck of Death's Fowl Yum Punch ( it's to die for! )
Oh my! They all sound so good! One of each, please!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
You sure that's not General Foh's (Faux's)?

Have some of the Unicorn's Acorn Squash BIsque in Valencia. And stop off at Zhu Rho's Teahouse in Mooshu for a warm cup of Blueberry Tea.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Nov 2, 2018 wrote:
You sure that's not General Foh's (Faux's)?

Have some of the Unicorn's Acorn Squash BIsque in Valencia. And stop off at Zhu Rho's Teahouse in Mooshu for a warm cup of Blueberry Tea.
Blueberry tea is certainly my favorite... One cup of blueberry tea, please!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I got more chef bosses for ye!

Count Brastillo de Glass (of yum!)

Bishop's Electo-roasted Dish-ups!

Captain Swing's fish fingers!

Cumba Wumba's Jumba Stewm-ba!

The Valvida Brother's Devilled eggs!

Doctor Noh's Suger-free Turtle Tarts! (he would've snuck in salt but the Doctor Noh's better right?)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Coming soon to a tavern near you, Captain Fowl's Faux-turkey.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Nov 20, 2018 wrote:
Coming soon to a tavern near you, Captain Fowl's Faux-turkey.
I think I had some of that faux turkey I didn't get to satisfy my turkey fix this year! I had to settle for ham.
( Sorry, Ju Hao! )

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
The Cooking Carnival has somehow still not concluded, but new contenders have come onto the scene. Twins Terry Acky and Terri Acky, two chickens from Cool Ranch have knocked Dante out of the competition with their far superior Cool Ranch-themed dishes.

Terry has made his famous Bullseye Bake, which some say contains enchanted ingredients that give you enough luck to win any bet or make any bullseye, and Desperado Dill Pickles, traditional Cool Ranch pickles, while Terri has made Toro's Tortellini, a delicious pasta dish named such because it is said that even El Toro eats the stuff.

With the competition getting stiff, who knows what's next?

Hardy Quinn

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Enjoy some Carcass Soup, courtesy of Madame Vadima. It's in her cauldron, and it's better than it sounds. Hey, I wonder where Captain Fowl went? Last time I saw him, he was arguing with Vadima... OH!

I hope to share a cup of Gandry's Nog in the party room, now with extra banana added. It goes good with some nutmeg on top.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Rumor has it that Ground Essence of Krampus-horn make a zesty Yuletide Spice...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
It's a little pepper for my taste and it gives nightmares.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
Um, I don't think I want to try that. I'll give it to Old Scratch; I think he might like it. Whatever you do, don't burn that sauce. I think it would smell really bad if you do, and we don't want to fight the Ghost of Christmas Future Krampus that might rise from it ... or do we?

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Dec 5, 2018 wrote:
It's a little pepper for my taste and it gives nightmares.
Only if you're naughty enough to have it before Christmas!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I like Angel Angle's Cooking Contest, so I'm doing one of my own, involving the companions that I have in my crew!

Cooking Companionships: First Round
The first Round of the Cooking Companionships is beginning with a lot of excitement! There were many fun choices that the crew decided to make. Some steamed, some roasted to perfection, and some, well, strange...
In celebration of the kick-off, Ridolfo Cappoferro and Contessa Argento produced a beatifully steamed Stilletto Fish, cut beautifully into savory pieces! All of the judges, comprising me, Bonnie Anne, Catbeard, El Toro, and (sigh) Hawkules, liked what they turned out with very much.
Itzen Kaan somehow managed to make a traditional Aztecan meal! No-one was sure what went in it, but at least it tasted good!
The Yule Trogg, Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah, and Romba teamed up to make a soup that...well...um...at best it could be described as "soup". Some of the crew were willing to try whatever it was, but when Monkey King turned an unpleasant green color we all lost our appetites.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Dec 7, 2018 wrote:
I like Angel Angle's Cooking Contest, so I'm doing one of my own, involving the companions that I have in my crew!

The first Round of the Cooking Companionships is beginning with a lot of excitement! There were many fun choices that the crew decided to make. Some steamed, some roasted to perfection, and some, well, strange...
In celebration of the kick-off, Ridolfo Cappoferro and Contessa Argento produced a beatifully steamed Stilletto Fish, cut beautifully into savory pieces! All of the judges, comprising me, Bonnie Anne, Catbeard, El Toro, and (sigh) Hawkules, liked what they turned out with very much.
Itzen Kaan somehow managed to make a traditional Aztecan meal! No-one was sure what went in it, but at least it tasted good!
The Yule Trogg, Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah, and Romba teamed up to make a soup that...well...um...at best it could be described as "soup". Some of the crew were willing to try whatever it was, but when Monkey King turned an unpleasant green color we all lost our appetites.
A new Christmas Companion, Green Monkey King!

For dessert, red and white striped Candy Anchors from me, and Lemon Drop Hammers.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009

For those upset appetites, in Cooper's Roost, the good doctor has mixed up some minty Dr. Coop's Tummy Elixir. He also sells something called, "Good For What Ails Ya". You can also try some Yum Juice. All of those are good to have on hand, when both Old Scratch and Ratbeard think a meal smells good.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015

It's time for the second round!

Cooking Companionships: Second Round
After the excitement of the first round has died down, the watchers have had their say, and Monkey King is no longer green, It's time for the second round to start!
The two Bison, Sky Heart the Bison Archer and Lightning Crow the (Ex) Black Storm Elder,have found and cooked a Striped Bumbaloon in the traditional Bison way. The judges were impressed.
Private Mills and Handsome Dan, jealous of the Unicorn's fish dish, cooked and filleted a Sky Gar, helped along by Gracie Conrad's oven, and Skull Island spices from Lucky Jack Russel. Judge Catbeard in particular thought it was divine.
Bosun Budd put himself in a cauldron with an apple in his mouth. Hilarious.
The Valvida Brothers, against all odd, made some good deviled eggs! Boiled in glowing water and seasoned with cave mushrooms, they exceeded all expectations simply by not turning us into ash.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Cooking Companionships: Coverage from Round Three
Ratbeard: What he up to now?
Bonnie Anne: You mean the Yule Trogg? He's cooking.
Monkey King: Cooking? Oh great...
Bonnie Anne: Why so glum?
Monkey King: Did you not see? Last time I had something by him I was green for three days! I wonder what he's doing this time.
Catbeard: I saw. It's Skarakeet Eggnog. With ginger.
Gracie Conrad: Wait. What's that noise?
???: Ngulp... gulp... gulp...
Ratbeard: BUDD! YE AIN'T SUPPOSED TO BE DRINKING THAT, YE BIG LUG!
Catbeard: He's been doing strange things ever since he set foot on this ship! At least I don't have to drink it.
Bosun Budd: Gurgle... Rumble...
Ratbeard: Somethin's 'bouta happen, and it ought to be good.
Bosun Budd: UUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRP!
Gracie Conrad: (Bursts out laughing)
Old Scratch: That would be the ginger, my Captain, what goes down comes back up.
Monkey King: Alright, we'd better get him to the lower decks. Show's over.
Bosun Budd: UUUUUUUUUUURRRRRP?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Lookit Light on Dec 14, 2018 wrote:
Cooking Companionships: Coverage from Round Three
Ratbeard: What he up to now?
Bonnie Anne: You mean the Yule Trogg? He's cooking.
Monkey King: Cooking? Oh great...
Bonnie Anne: Why so glum?
Monkey King: Did you not see? Last time I had something by him I was green for three days! I wonder what he's doing this time.
Catbeard: I saw. It's Skarakeet Eggnog. With ginger.
Gracie Conrad: Wait. What's that noise?
???: Ngulp... gulp... gulp...
Ratbeard: BUDD! YE AIN'T SUPPOSED TO BE DRINKING THAT, YE BIG LUG!
Catbeard: He's been doing strange things ever since he set foot on this ship! At least I don't have to drink it.
Bosun Budd: Gurgle... Rumble...
Ratbeard: Somethin's 'bouta happen, and it ought to be good.
Bosun Budd: UUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRP!
Gracie Conrad: (Bursts out laughing)
Old Scratch: That would be the ginger, my Captain, what goes down comes back up.
Monkey King: Alright, we'd better get him to the lower decks. Show's over.
Bosun Budd: UUUUUUUUUUURRRRRP?
Iago sends Bosun Budd a Minty Fizz, so those burps will be minty fresh. More helpfully, Hippocrates sent him a pink Peptikos Potion. Word, or smell, of those burps must have really carried. Dr. Coop is also making an extra large batch of Good For What Ails Ya.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Calamity Finch on Dec 18, 2018 wrote:
Iago sends Bosun Budd a Minty Fizz, so those burps will be minty fresh. More helpfully, Hippocrates sent him a pink Peptikos Potion. Word, or smell, of those burps must have really carried. Dr. Coop is also making an extra large batch of Good For What Ails Ya.
Bwahaha, too true! He's quieted down now.

"urp."

Well, mostly.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
For the Yuletide Season, the Kraken Skulls is hosting a grand party and have asked everyone to bring a dish to share! Captain Avery has brought his famous Spiral Ambrosia, a melted marshmallow dish with fruits from all over the spiral! Catbeard has brought a boatload of pickled herring! Below are just a few of the other dishes in the smorgasbord!
Buffaloon Roast, Crab Crawlie Boil, Scorpion Crisp, Bloodbat Sausage, Seared Battacuda Fillets, Sky Gar and Chips, Skarakeet Devilled Eggs, Manticore Frittata, Foo Lion Bangers and Mash, Sweet and Sour Storm Koi, Ki-Rin Dumplings, Krokogator Burgers, Minotaur Gyros, Brazier Seared Olives, Blood Vine Gazpacho, and Zenda’s famous Chorizo.
And oh my! Someone just brought in some roasted Hydra heads! What a wonderful feast we have going on. Make sure to come soon before it is all gone!

What would you eat from this buffet?

-Kraken Skulls Management-

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Stalwart Queen on Dec 20, 2018 wrote:
For the Yuletide Season, the Kraken Skulls is hosting a grand party and have asked everyone to bring a dish to share! Captain Avery has brought his famous Spiral Ambrosia, a melted marshmallow dish with fruits from all over the spiral! Catbeard has brought a boatload of pickled herring! Below are just a few of the other dishes in the smorgasbord!
Buffaloon Roast, Crab Crawlie Boil, Scorpion Crisp, Bloodbat Sausage, Seared Battacuda Fillets, Sky Gar and Chips, Skarakeet Devilled Eggs, Manticore Frittata, Foo Lion Bangers and Mash, Sweet and Sour Storm Koi, Ki-Rin Dumplings, Krokogator Burgers, Minotaur Gyros, Brazier Seared Olives, Blood Vine Gazpacho, and Zenda’s famous Chorizo.
And oh my! Someone just brought in some roasted Hydra heads! What a wonderful feast we have going on. Make sure to come soon before it is all gone!

This is why Skinny Pete isn't skinny.

I'll add a dish: Sweet Mesquite Honey BBQ Buffaloon wings!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015

Catching wind of the party going on, my crew have decided to have their next round there!

Cooking Companionships: Round 4
With the festive season well underway, that magnificent day drawing very near indeed, and a roaring party underway at The Kraken Skulls Tavern, things are getting wild!
The festive Companions are very excited and are making quite a feast! Prince Yulefest has been crack, crack, cracking since early in the morning and has now managed to make several helpings of nut-loaf! The Yule Trogg has managed to finally make a good Skarakeet Eggnog (helped along a little - okay, a lot - by Taste-Tester Monkey King), and there is a simply divine smell coming from the Spirits of Yuletide's cooking pot. What is it? Ah, it's the gift of a warm cup of hot cocoa. The party at the Kraken Skulls has livened up!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009

I have to try the Scorpion Crisp, just so I could say I tried it.

Bonnie Annie has taken all the deviled eggs for our crew. Three cheers for the fantastic Ms. Fox!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lookit Light on Dec 21, 2018 wrote:
Catching wind of the party going on, my crew have decided to have their next round there!

Cooking Companionships: Round 4
With the festive season well underway, that magnificent day drawing very near indeed, and a roaring party underway at The Kraken Skulls Tavern, things are getting wild!
The festive Companions are very excited and are making quite a feast! Prince Yulefest has been crack, crack, cracking since early in the morning and has now managed to make several helpings of nut-loaf! The Yule Trogg has managed to finally make a good Skarakeet Eggnog (helped along a little - okay, a lot - by Taste-Tester Monkey King), and there is a simply divine smell coming from the Spirits of Yuletide's cooking pot. What is it? Ah, it's the gift of a warm cup of hot cocoa. The party at the Kraken Skulls has livened up!
I'm sure the Spirit of Giving will serve very generous helpings of that cocoa!