Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
XD @anecorbie: sshhhh it’s a secret plot to make One Eyed Jack hungry bahaha

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
death master101 on Jul 22, 2018 wrote:
XD @anecorbie: sshhhh it’s a secret plot to make One Eyed Jack hungry bahaha
Ah but now we have to figure out what Bat Masterson finds tempting. What do you think he would like?

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Down in the deep dark part of Flotsam, a place known as Jetsam, deep into the mishmash of timber and ships where criminals gather and nobody goes detected, a ramshackle inn has sprung up, called the Scurvy Shark Inn, since it is formed from two ships crashed together, called the Scurvy Mermaid and the Skyfaring Shark. The inn itself is run by good old Bill Higgins, a Wharf Rat, who thinks that Jetsam is only a slightly better 'underworld' than Gullet because it smells nicer. Bill's family crashed under Flotsam years ago and they've paid the bills through their family business. On Bill's menu today is a lovely Batacuda steak, with a mug of drink of your choice, the most popular being Yum. Also on the menu is the stew, made with a cargo of exotic ingredients stolen from Monquistan ships by Bill himself. (Don't tell a soul, you hear?)

Finally, today Bill's serving up some Kentucky Fried Buffaloon nuggets along with some Cool Ranch sauce. Bill lives in a dodgy area, so you never know what dish he's going to knock up next!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Angel Angle The Li... on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
Down in the deep dark part of Flotsam, a place known as Jetsam, deep into the mishmash of timber and ships where criminals gather and nobody goes detected, a ramshackle inn has sprung up, called the Scurvy Shark Inn, since it is formed from two ships crashed together, called the Scurvy Mermaid and the Skyfaring Shark. The inn itself is run by good old Bill Higgins, a Wharf Rat, who thinks that Jetsam is only a slightly better 'underworld' than Gullet because it smells nicer. Bill's family crashed under Flotsam years ago and they've paid the bills through their family business. On Bill's menu today is a lovely Batacuda steak, with a mug of drink of your choice, the most popular being Yum. Also on the menu is the stew, made with a cargo of exotic ingredients stolen from Monquistan ships by Bill himself. (Don't tell a soul, you hear?)

Finally, today Bill's serving up some Kentucky Fried Buffaloon nuggets along with some Cool Ranch sauce. Bill lives in a dodgy area, so you never know what dish he's going to knock up next!
Nice menu, good back story, too!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013

Jetsam? In Flotsam? And a Scurvy Mermaid? Nice The Little Mermaid reference!

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Bill's had a lot of hungry pirates come to the Scurvy Shark lately, and so, he's made himself a breakfast menu, with such delights as Albion Eggs and (Marleybonian) Toast Soldiers, a mysterious breakfast cereal from a faraway magical land called AmbrOs, and some juicy Crumpets with a piping hot cup of tea. Apparently this is from the same magical place, from some street called Crab Alley. Sounds like a load of rubbish to him. He's also had to desperately fry some bacon due to the fact a lunatic said he'd explode every single Tavern without bacon in it. Strange place, Skull Island. Bill certainly thinks so!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
Well, that nay be so, but flotsam & jetsam are types of wreckage - jetsam are items jettisoned from a ship to make it lighter, flotsam ate items ( not necessarily cargo ) left floating after a storm.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Bill's had a lot of hungry pirates come to the Scurvy Shark lately, and so, he's made himself a breakfast menu, with such delights as Albion Eggs and (Marleybonian) Toast Soldiers, a mysterious breakfast cereal from a faraway magical land called AmbrOs, and some juicy Crumpets with a piping hot cup of tea. Apparently this is from the same magical place, from some street called Crab Alley. Sounds like a load of rubbish to him. He's also had to desperately fry some bacon due to the fact a lunatic said he'd explode every single Tavern without bacon in it. Strange place, Skull Island. Bill certainly thinks so!
Now I know why some of the other taverns have been hanging bacon from the rafters. When some of the highest leaping pets manage to get a piece, they have a snack, Bacon Bites.

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
Deep in the Miranda Mines, in endless caverns condescending (down) into utter darkness, there is an eerie glow. Shadows race across the walls where there lies a makeshift stand where Death himself brews his underworld famous Mouse Blood Stew for all creatures of the dark.

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
Calamity Finch on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
Ah but now we have to figure out what Bat Masterson finds tempting. What do you think he would like?
Calamity, I know just the thing. Tomato soup! In case you got spooked, that was just a joke. Death's hut is actually just two mineshafts down from Bosun Budd! He cooks up a mighty fine meal! Steaming deliciously, it almost reminds you of fresh blood!

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 26, 2018 wrote:
Oh, um, yeah! A reference! Just what everything needs! Haha, funny how i came up with that clever reference myself huh? T-totally intentional! Y-yeah!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
Well, that nay be so, but flotsam & jetsam are types of wreckage - jetsam are items jettisoned from a ship to make it lighter, flotsam ate items ( not necessarily cargo ) left floating after a storm.
Hehe. I'm aware they are wreckage, but the "Scurvy Mermaid" was a total giveaway.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
death master101 on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
Calamity, I know just the thing. Tomato soup! In case you got spooked, that was just a joke. Death's hut is actually just two mineshafts down from Bosun Budd! He cooks up a mighty fine meal! Steaming deliciously, it almost reminds you of fresh blood!
Decisions, decisions, do I get Bone Rolls or Cranium Crackers to go with that soup? I think, the crackers; the rolls have specks on them, oh wait, they are SUPPOSED to look like dice. Yum, little skull faces float nicely in the red soup.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
death master101 on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
Deep in the Miranda Mines, in endless caverns condescending (down) into utter darkness, there is an eerie glow. Shadows race across the walls where there lies a makeshift stand where Death himself brews his underworld famous Mouse Blood Stew for all creatures of the dark.
Why is Death serving Butter Cups as a drink at his stand? What does a Butter Cup have to do with death? Oh I know!

If you don't, searching for "four horsemen buttercup" will give you a hint.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
At the Mezzaluna Tavern, El Toro tried some desserts. "Cannoli? Can-ole'!" is all he had to say, guess he liked it. Then he started dancing. I still don't know where that trumpet music came from. Is El Toro haunted by the admiring ghost of a mariachi?

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
I know just the thing today in skull island the traveling ice cream Pegasus has arrived with the best most magical ice cream in the whole spiral we have scorching sherbet love able lollipop and a certain bats favorite triple chocolate mint in a waffle cone that floats! And triple chocolate chunk with a chocolate spoon and my favorite chocolate chip sundae with sprinkles whipped cream and a cherry on top

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
We found a very stranded and lost person, in strange clothes, on a little island in Mooshu. I gave him a ride to Hammamitsu . On the way, he told me some bilge about being a sorcerer and something about evil oni dropping him through a portal. When the crazy Monquistan got hungry, the sorcerer said he had just the snack for him, what followed was was the crew calls, "Flaming Cheese Balls of Death". They didn't taste too bad, but NOT worth the scorched sails. I dumped him at the docks, ASAP, with directions to the krok he said could help him get home. All that, and he didn't even give us a quest reward, good riddance!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Aug 19, 2018 wrote:
We found a very stranded and lost person, in strange clothes, on a little island in Mooshu. I gave him a ride to Hammamitsu . On the way, he told me some bilge about being a sorcerer and something about evil oni dropping him through a portal. When the crazy Monquistan got hungry, the sorcerer said he had just the snack for him, what followed was was the crew calls, "Flaming Cheese Balls of Death". They didn't taste too bad, but NOT worth the scorched sails. I dumped him at the docks, ASAP, with directions to the krok he said could help him get home. All that, and he didn't even give us a quest reward, good riddance!
Didn't he at least leave you the recipe? I'll bet Ratbeard enjoyed the cheese balls. ( btw, is this Rincewind? )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 20, 2018 wrote:
Didn't he at least leave you the recipe? I'll bet Ratbeard enjoyed the cheese balls. ( btw, is this Rincewind? )
No recipe, he said I had to go to Krokotopia or Wizard City to learn it. Ratbeard thought they were ok, but not as good as the ones Mummy made. Probably not Rincewind, not nervous enough, and he didn't flinch once at any of the chests in the cargo.

Sarah Steel made some Curried Deviled Eggs today, topped with paprika and chives.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
Bill Higgins' nasty landlord, Bruce ''Brawler'' Brachyura, a fearsome Crab Buccaneer, has been charging him through the nose lately, especially since one of the ships making up Bill's tavern belongs to him. Anyway, Bill has decided desperate times call for desperate measures and has cooked as fast as possible. He's came up with several new breakfast items, such as Valencian Croissants, a lovely, doughy breakfast item, and even a new special of his own.

The Scurvy Special is a beast of a breakfast. Succulent fried eggs, more bacon than you could count, tons of perfectly crisp, golden, buttered toast, mounds of mushrooms, fried tomatoes, and a bowl of cereal on the side. Bill's made a challenge. Eat it in under 10 minutes, get all your money back. Don't, and pay extra! Nobody's won yet, and Bill's managed to make a fortune off this scheme. Clever.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Angel Angle The Li... on Aug 28, 2018 wrote:
Bill Higgins' nasty landlord, Bruce ''Brawler'' Brachyura, a fearsome Crab Buccaneer, has been charging him through the nose lately, especially since one of the ships making up Bill's tavern belongs to him. Anyway, Bill has decided desperate times call for desperate measures and has cooked as fast as possible. He's came up with several new breakfast items, such as Valencian Croissants, a lovely, doughy breakfast item, and even a new special of his own.

The Scurvy Special is a beast of a breakfast. Succulent fried eggs, more bacon than you could count, tons of perfectly crisp, golden, buttered toast, mounds of mushrooms, fried tomatoes, and a bowl of cereal on the side. Bill's made a challenge. Eat it in under 10 minutes, get all your money back. Don't, and pay extra! Nobody's won yet, and Bill's managed to make a fortune off this scheme. Clever.
You had me at mushrooms....

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
anecorbie on Aug 29, 2018 wrote:
You had me at mushrooms....
Heheh I love mushrooms with my breakfast, too.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Angel Angle The Li... on Aug 28, 2018 wrote:

I'm glad you got cooking. Word is out about Bill's Scurvy Special. The water-mole witchdoctor is cooking up some Anti-scurvy Scramble, it is a mix of pineapple, oranges, strawberries, banana, kale and cabbage. Vinaigrette is optional.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
A member of Hardy Quinn's crew, a Yakooza named Chao Wen (yes that's his real, ingame name ), has decided he's fed up of waiting for chow, and has decided to open his own teahouse, the Water Lily teahouse, and has been serving lovely treats, including his signature herbal tea, dumplings and spring rolls.

He's also found another way of making cash by letting people take up lodgings at the teahouse for a fee of gold. And the people staying buy all the food there for breakfast lunch and dinner, it's so delicious, so even more gold! Everyone loves the place, even Quinn himself.

Bill's seen this, and boy, he's fuming! Unless he wants to be put out of business for good, he needs to think of something quick..

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Zhu Ro's Tea house is serving a special, Bird-eye Crab Cakes.