Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What's Cooking at the taverns?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
I was passing through Mooshu once and caught the smell of something delicious. the teahouse in hamamitsu was baking fresh yum yum fruit pies drizzled with honey imported from Grizzleheim.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
I can only say it's been absolutely ages since I've seen that movie and that my favorite one was the one with Katherine Hepburn. ( Who would make a smashing NPC, if not a recruit. )
I would love to see some of these dishes as pet snacks, also!
I saw a 2010 version of true grit on last night....

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 27, 2017 wrote:
I had a non alcoholic version one with was sprite with fruit punch. it was amazing xd
Interesting - that sounds good! The kind I know is 7Up with cherry Grenadine Syrup. It's the absolute best!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
I bet the Stale Corn Dodgers are even funnier now.
Over at the Kraken Skulls Tavern, try the Pot-bellied Piggle Pie. Who knew piggles could cook? It's full of veggies and... fruit? Interesting choice, but I guess the piggles like it.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Calamity Finch on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
I bet the Stale Corn Dodgers are even funnier now.
Over at the Kraken Skulls Tavern, try the Pot-bellied Piggle Pie. Who knew piggles could cook? It's full of veggies and... fruit? Interesting choice, but I guess the piggles like it.
I didn't watch it, sadly. i'm more into the old cowboy shows or sifi shows. sometimes, ill watch Disney channel shows. anyways!

can I have a piggle pie? it doesn't sound too bad.....

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I didn't watch it, sadly. i'm more into the old cowboy shows or sifi shows. sometimes, ill watch Disney channel shows. anyways!

can I have a piggle pie? it doesn't sound too bad.....
One Pot -Bellied Piggle Pie coming right up for the dragonpirate.
Speaking of old Sci-fi, it's more of a Wizard thing, but when I was watching one of the late seasons of Stargate, Avalon turned up as the home of Ancient aliens, and Merlin, of Arthurian legends was one of them.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I want some Persephone Punch at the Golden Bough. It tastes like 7UP with pomegranate juice, though there might be yum juice in it too; it does taste yummy.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Sep 4, 2017 wrote:
I want some Persephone Punch at the Golden Bough. It tastes like 7UP with pomegranate juice, though there might be yum juice in it too; it does taste yummy.
Oh my!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'll bet you, that it's not as good as the original.... ( come on, who could replace John Wayne? )

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The Snail and Newt tavern is having a special on Potted Pigeon. For those who don't know, it is pigeon cooked, often in a casserole dish, with bay leaves and other spices. The drippings are saved, the bones and bay leaves are removed from the meat, and the drippings added back in, some butter might be added too. Then it is cooled. Spiced pigeon spread.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Sep 7, 2017 wrote:
I'll bet you, that it's not as good as the original.... ( come on, who could replace John Wayne? )
right? the only cowboy shows I watch are like, bonanza on tv land. and that is like, super super super super super super old. have any of you heard of it?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
thedragonpirate245... on Sep 8, 2017 wrote:
right? the only cowboy shows I watch are like, bonanza on tv land. and that is like, super super super super super super old. have any of you heard of it?
Yes. Bonanza was one of the longest running TV shows. I've been enjoying discovering some of the old westerns I'd only heard of, like Have Gun Will Travel, Wanted Dead or Alive, and Wagon Train. Maverick still holds up pretty well. It's interesting seeing some of the ones that Gene Roddenbury (creator of Star Trek) wrote for, and seeing actors who became more famous later on, for other things, actors like Clint Eastwood, Adam West (tv's Batman), Buddy Ebson, and the one who played Uncle Jessie on Dukes of Hazzard. It's also fun spotting the star cameo appearances. A friend spotted a rather young Peter Falk (Dect. Columbo) as a card shark. The coach from Rocky played a hangman once on Rawhide.
In honor of all these old Westerns, let's have Campfire Coffee and Grits with Zeke at Gold Creek.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
It's time to celebrate! Pie fight festival time in Florenza! Get them while they're hot at the Mezzaluna Tavern, or bring your own, any kind of pie or pastry. Beware those from Marleybone; some of them are bringing their own
Lb. Cakes, packing the heft of a bar of silver.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Sep 16, 2017 wrote:
It's time to celebrate! Pie fight festival time in Florenza! Get them while they're hot at the Mezzaluna Tavern, or bring your own, any kind of pie or pastry. Beware those from Marleybone; some of them are bringing their own
If you get beaned by a pound cake, do you get to keep the silver bar?

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Calamity Finch on Sep 16, 2017 wrote:
o. o?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Out of gratitude for finding her beloved Lady Truffles, Lady Heathcliff recently invited me to Afternoon Tea in her stateroom on the party barge.
I had to scrounge some uppity clothes from Mustang Sally, who also advised me to get a hat and wear white gloves.
There were tiny, little crustless sandwiches of cucumber and egg & cress, Moolong or Earl Greyhound teas. Queen's sponge cake with cream and jam.
I left that stateroom hungrier than I went in, fortunately, the Krakens Skulls had some proper slumgullion stew and yum available.
It seems that Ratbeard enjoyed the sandwiches I had crammed into my pockets when Lady Heathcliff wasn't looking, but I don't believe I'll be invited again...

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
alyssa: I want some frito pie!

autumn: I want some potted pigeon, please.

anne (new pirate): ooh, maybe ill have...... some persephone punch!

the rest aren't hungry atm XD

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 17, 2017 wrote:
If you get beaned by a pound cake, do you get to keep the silver bar?
What if you get pounded by a bean cake? Can't say if there is actual silver in it, people were scrambling on the ground to get the broken fragments and took them all.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Bonnie Anne was baking for our crew. She made some Apple Coconut Kuchen, a kind of cake using apples, eggs, and Coconut flour she got from the water moles. It was tasty. We left extra cakes at the Kraken Skulls for all of you.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Calamity Finch on Sep 26, 2017 wrote:
Bonnie Anne was baking for our crew. She made some Apple Coconut Kuchen, a kind of cake using apples, eggs, and Coconut flour she got from the water moles. It was tasty. We left extra cakes at the Kraken Skulls for all of you.
*licks lips* sounds yummy.... *runs to kraken skulls to get some, leaving autumn and anne*

autumn: what just happened?

anne: not sure, I think alyssa just left us here.

autumn: oh, I see. wanna go get some the cake calamity is talking about?

anne: sure! lets go! *autumn and anne run off as well*

(john appears)

john: hey, guys, sorry about that. I came to say goodbye since autumn, alyssa and anne just left. okay, uh. bye I guess? *john disappears in a cloud of smoke*

okay... I'm done now

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The monks have been busy in Avalon now that it's Autumn. Someone shipped in casks of Abbey Road Cider!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Oct 3, 2017 wrote:
The monks have been busy in Avalon now that it's Autumn. Someone shipped in casks of Abbey Road Cider!
Ooooh, let's warm it and mull it with cinnamon & nutmeg! Serve with a ginger cake and whipped cream ( or pumpkin bread! )

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Oct 4, 2017 wrote:
Ooooh, let's warm it and mull it with cinnamon & nutmeg! Serve with a ginger cake and whipped cream ( or pumpkin bread! )
*licks lips* I want some! where can I buy some?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
In MooShu, the monks of Temple of Eternal Serenity have been concocting the Serenity Sarsaparilla, a new kind of drink. Don't try it - they've been really trying to get in the Santo Pollo theme but they're just not doing it right. Like, they try to talk Monquistan and they pronounce the h in "hola". Better not trust their sarsaparilla, then...

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Helpful Aurora Par... on Oct 6, 2017 wrote:
In MooShu, the monks of Temple of Eternal Serenity have been concocting the Serenity Sarsaparilla, a new kind of drink. Don't try it - they've been really trying to get in the Santo Pollo theme but they're just not doing it right. Like, they try to talk Monquistan and they pronounce the h in "hola". Better not trust their sarsaparilla, then...
ooh,,, can I get some?