Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

shouldn't we get Birthday presents??

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 08, 2016
Hi all!!

this is Daringly Different here!!!

I say that our pirate should get birthday presents!

I mean the game itself has a birthday why shouldn't our pirates have ones to??

so whoever agrees with me yar my post!!

Signed,

Daringly Different.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
daringly different on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
Hi all!!

this is Daringly Different here!!!

I say that our pirate should get birthday presents!

I mean the game itself has a birthday why shouldn't our pirates have ones to??

so whoever agrees with me yar my post!!

Signed,

Daringly Different.
Hmmm, greedy much?
We get presents during P101 birthday, a whole month's worth.
We get presents and special gifts during YuleTide and the 12 Days of the Spiral.
We get presents during Christmas in July.
We get special codes for many other events, like Friendship Festival.
And what do you expect them to give you? I noticed you used a plural for presents.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I like this idea, it feels right. However, may I suggest that the birthday potentially be for the age of your pirate101 account? It makes sense to me for KI to celebrate your existence in the spiral.

But that's just me. Your standard-issue year of birthing is a fine thing to acknowledge as well.

While we're on the topic of birthday presents, I think an in game pet puppy would be an excellent surprise. To make it unique, KI could potentially set it so that you couldn't morph it ever so that it remains uniquely yours.

If others wish to obtain one, then they can wait until they level up in real life.

Welcome to the boards

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Also, I saw your post in the requested features thread and you should totally check out Devilfish Hollow.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2016
Hi guys!!!

Um Anecorbie could you not call me greedy or contradict my posts because it hurts me when i see that you follow me everywhere i post and you make comments that go against what i have said??

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Wasn't there something given to commemorate the day you joined pirate? That would be your pirate's birthday. Seems like there might have been, and works better than a personal birthday for not revealing personal info. I picture someone jumping around Skull Island yelling "I got a (name of cool gift) for my birthday today!" Still good of Daringly Different to post. Not being greedy, just enthusiastic I think. Nothing wrong with hoping, and KI is generous with gifts. If they did, it might be something like a birthday eye patch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
Wasn't there something given to commemorate the day you joined pirate? That would be your pirate's birthday. Seems like there might have been, and works better than a personal birthday for not revealing personal info. I picture someone jumping around Skull Island yelling "I got a (name of cool gift) for my birthday today!" Still good of Daringly Different to post. Not being greedy, just enthusiastic I think. Nothing wrong with hoping, and KI is generous with gifts. If they did, it might be something like a birthday eye patch.
If it's a new account and you check the box that KI has permission to give you news updates in your e-mail; then you get 75 crowns as a gift.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
Hmmm, greedy much?
We get presents during P101 birthday, a whole month's worth.
We get presents and special gifts during YuleTide and the 12 Days of the Spiral.
We get presents during Christmas in July.
We get special codes for many other events, like Friendship Festival.
And what do you expect them to give you? I noticed you used a plural for presents.
aw give her a "pile of presents" whenever her account birthday is 5 yrs old :3

hee hee welcome to the boards Daring hugs and cookies :)

stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
daringly different on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
Hi guys!!!

Um Anecorbie could you not call me greedy or contradict my posts because it hurts me when i see that you follow me everywhere i post and you make comments that go against what i have said??
I'm sorry if I called you greedy, that was wrong of me.
If people contradicting your posts hurts you, maybe you shouldn't post or get a thicker skin. Not everyone will agree with your posts ( it happens to me ).
Just as you're allowed to present ideas here, we're allowed to comment on them.
I haven't disagreed with what you said in other posts, but pointed out that there's other parts of this game that gives you what you were asking for.
And in housing requests, I did agree that having a portrait to hang on our walls was good idea ( so I don't 100% disagree with you. )
Please remember that just because someone disagrees with you, that it isn't a personal attack.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2016
thx Stormy Jen Silver!!!

hugs and cookies for you too!!! :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Perhaps I should explain why I'm against what seems to be a good idea ( after all, we love presents & free things. )
Besides the awesome generosity already demonstrated by KI, there is one other thing to take into consideration.
Coding.
Has anyone thought of that? No? I didn't think so.
There are over 50 million players of KI games, programing a system that awards even a "Happy Birthday, Thank You for playing KI games!" message to your email would take hours!
Then you want to add a gift to that! ( And I notice that you don't even have a suggestion as to what kind of gift you expect. )
Frankly, I believe that KI has better things to do.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 24, 2017 wrote:
Perhaps I should explain why I'm against what seems to be a good idea ( after all, we love presents & free things. )
Besides the awesome generosity already demonstrated by KI, there is one other thing to take into consideration.
Coding.
Has anyone thought of that? No? I didn't think so.
There are over 50 million players of KI games, programing a system that awards even a "Happy Birthday, Thank You for playing KI games!" message to your email would take hours!
Then you want to add a gift to that! ( And I notice that you don't even have a suggestion as to what kind of gift you expect. )
Frankly, I believe that KI has better things to do.
Unless the suggestion is game-breaking or would require a major overhaul of the game's current or upcoming system or servers, coding is neither an excuse or reason for dismissing an idea in a suggestions and feedback forum.

The whole point of the shipyards if I'm not mistaken is so that the players can post their ideas as they pop into their heads, so when the game developers find the time to scroll through these threads they can either go "Yeah, I like that idea." or "No, that idea wouldn't work in the current version of the game." or even "I don't think this idea would work, however it does put this idea into my mind. I think I'll jot down a few notes and see where that leads me."

It's perfectly cool to voice your opinions on problematic situations or proposed changes to the game, changes in the way that KI handles its business with its customers, or to voice your grievances about any aspect of the game/ company policy/ harassment, however when you have first-time posters feeling targeted and unwelcome with their first 6 posts in a suggestions page, a place where you should be able to brainstorm ideas without fear of judgement, that's crossing a line that shouldn't exist in the first place.

That's not cool.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
How about this: On the anniversary of the creation of your pirate, you get a birthday cake--no auction, no trade, sell for 1GP.

As a bonus, it could be in the colors of your banner.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Mar 25, 2017 wrote:
Unless the suggestion is game-breaking or would require a major overhaul of the game's current or upcoming system or servers, coding is neither an excuse or reason for dismissing an idea in a suggestions and feedback forum.

The whole point of the shipyards if I'm not mistaken is so that the players can post their ideas as they pop into their heads, so when the game developers find the time to scroll through these threads they can either go "Yeah, I like that idea." or "No, that idea wouldn't work in the current version of the game." or even "I don't think this idea would work, however it does put this idea into my mind. I think I'll jot down a few notes and see where that leads me."

It's perfectly cool to voice your opinions on problematic situations or proposed changes to the game, changes in the way that KI handles its business with its customers, or to voice your grievances about any aspect of the game/ company policy/ harassment, however when you have first-time posters feeling targeted and unwelcome with their first 6 posts in a suggestions page, a place where you should be able to brainstorm ideas without fear of judgement, that's crossing a line that shouldn't exist in the first place.

That's not cool.
Excuse me, I consider coding an excellent reason for giving feedback ( positive or negative ) to any suggested idea.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 26, 2017 wrote:
Excuse me, I consider coding an excellent reason for giving feedback ( positive or negative ) to any suggested idea.
I agree. Unless you know coding you don't know what would have to chance to accommodate a particular idea.

Thank goodness Falmea understand this. Small changes can me HUGE coding changes.

For example, it was suggested that pets be limited to the level of the pirate. Well, a lot of pirates already have pets that are much higher level. What happens to them? Do they stay at that level until the pirate catches up? Do they get reduced to the level of the pirate (meaning all that time training and feeding their pet snacks gets wasted)? And what happens if you want to give your pet to another pirate? Would that have to be turned off? All of those are coding changing and could be MAJOR coding changes.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Max DeGroot on Mar 26, 2017 wrote:
How about this: On the anniversary of the creation of your pirate, you get a birthday cake--no auction, no trade, sell for 1GP.

As a bonus, it could be in the colors of your banner.
thats cute!

let them eat cake! o wait we need a fork now.. hmm

stormy jen silver

Petty Officer
Nov 06, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we get something to commemorate the anniversary of the creation of our P101 account? If not, then I guess a small token would be nice.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
FairLady1882 on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we get something to commemorate the anniversary of the creation of our P101 account? If not, then I guess a small token would be nice.
Looking back through my e-mails we do get a gift to celebrate the day we played pirate101 for the first time, so I guess that the suggested system is already in place.

Aren't we lucky!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
FairLady1882 on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
When I said the birthday of our pirate, I meant what FairLady said, the anniversary of your pirate's creation. I wasn't referring to the first day you played Pirate, though it was cool what anecorbie said about the 75 crowns. I forgot that.